Skip to content


Results

We found 29 matching items.
  • Remove Search term Contributors: Whitby Public Library
  • Remove Search term Media Types: Videos
  • Remove Search term Media Types: Images
  • Remove Search term Item types: Photographs
  • Remove Search term Year: 1922
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Frank Tait Mathison, c.1922
    Frank Tait Mathison, c.1922
    Image       Frank Mathison was born in Whitby in 1888 and was post master at Oshawa from 1927 to 1945. He was a postal department employee on the railways in Ontario prior to going to Oshawa. He died at Whitby on February 22, 1952 and is buried at St. John's Anglican Cemetery, …
    Image     Frank Mathison was born in Whitby in 1888 and was post master at Oshawa from 1927 to 1945. He was a postal department employee on the railways in Ontario prior …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Frank Batty with Maryfield Queen (Clydesdale horse)
    Frank Batty with Maryfield Queen (Clydesdale horse)
    Image       In 1922, Maryfield Queen won first place at the first Royal Winter Fair in Toronto and Reserve Grand Champion at the International Livestock Show in Chicago.
    Image     In 1922, Maryfield Queen won first place at the first Royal Winter Fair in Toronto and Reserve Grand Champion at the International Livestock Show in Chicago.
    Whitby Public Library
  • School of Nursing Graduates, 1922
    School of Nursing Graduates, 1922
    Image       A black and white photograph of a graduating class at the School of Nursing at Ontario Hospital Whitby. Left to Right: Stella Ford, Miss Gertrude Bryan (Director of nursing), Catherine Deemert.
    Image     A black and white photograph of a graduating class at the School of Nursing at Ontario Hospital Whitby. Left to Right: Stella Ford, Miss Gertrude Bryan (Director of nursing), Catherine …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Actors on Stage, Ontario Hospital, c.1922
    Actors on Stage, Ontario Hospital, c.1922
    Image       A black and white photograph of children performers on the stage in the Ontario Hospital Recreation Hall.
    Image     A black and white photograph of children performers on the stage in the Ontario Hospital Recreation Hall.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Ontario Premier, E.C. Drury at Ontario Hospital Whitby, July 25, 1922
    Ontario Premier, E.C. Drury at Ontario Hospital Whitby, July 25, 1922
    Image       Premier E.C. Drury officially opened the two acute hospital buildings at the Ontario Hospital at Whitby. They are the buildings north of the administration building, and for many years were called the pavilions. Premier Drury also participated in the graduation exercises for the Ontario Hospital School of Nurses on the …
    Image     Premier E.C. Drury officially opened the two acute hospital buildings at the Ontario Hospital at Whitby. They are the buildings north of the administration building, and for many years were …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Three men standing at the Four Corners
    Three men standing at the Four Corners
    Image       A black and white photograph of three men standing at the four corners in Whitby. The men in the photograph from left to right are: Frank Connors, Whitwell Hall and Harry Pellow. Behind the men W.G. Walters’ dry goods store and the Standard Bank of Canada can be seen. There …
    Image     A black and white photograph of three men standing at the four corners in Whitby. The men in the photograph from left to right are: Frank Connors, Whitwell Hall and …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Building Anthony Bandel Meat Market
    Building Anthony Bandel Meat Market
    Image       Anthony Bandel’s Meat Market was located at 120 Dundas Street West. It was built in 1922 by Louis Bandel for Anthony Bandel’s Meat Market.
    Image     Anthony Bandel’s Meat Market was located at 120 Dundas Street West. It was built in 1922 by Louis Bandel for Anthony Bandel’s Meat Market.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Class Photo, Ashburn School, 1922
    Class Photo, Ashburn School, 1922
    Image       The Ashburn School was located at 780 Myrtle Road West. It was built about 1861 on the north side of the 9th Concession of Whitby Township west of Ashburn Road. It was built by a stone mason named Pearson. Since 1967 this building has been used as a community centre.
    Image     The Ashburn School was located at 780 Myrtle Road West. It was built about 1861 on the north side of the 9th Concession of Whitby Township west of Ashburn Road. …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Myrtle School Class
    Myrtle School Class
    Image       Myrtle school was built in 1880 on the south side of the 9th Concession of Whitby Township, a short distance west of Highway 12. It was a board and batten building covered with insubrick in the late 1940s. In July 1940 the building was raised and a basement was built …
    Image     Myrtle school was built in 1880 on the south side of the 9th Concession of Whitby Township, a short distance west of Highway 12. It was a board and batten …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Missionary Group Photo at Ontario Ladies' College, c.1922
    Missionary Group Photo at Ontario Ladies' College, c.1922
    Image       This is a black and white photograph of a group of delegates at the Missionary Conference. This picture was taken in front of the main college building.
    Image     This is a black and white photograph of a group of delegates at the Missionary Conference. This picture was taken in front of the main college building.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Missionary Group Photo at Ontario Ladies' College, c.1922
    Missionary Group Photo at Ontario Ladies' College, c.1922
    Image       This is a black and white photograph of a group of delegates at the Missionary Conference at the swimming pool in Ontario Ladies' College.
    Image     This is a black and white photograph of a group of delegates at the Missionary Conference at the swimming pool in Ontario Ladies' College.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Balsam Public School Class, ca.1922
    Balsam Public School Class, ca.1922
    Image       This schoolhouse was built in 1858 and closed in 1962. It is now a private residence.
    Image     This schoolhouse was built in 1858 and closed in 1962. It is now a private residence.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Minstrel Show and Brigg's Orchestra, c.1922
    Minstrel Show and Brigg's Orchestra, c.1922
    Image       Content Note: Minstrel shows were a form a popular entertainment in North America in the 19th and 20th centuries. A key goal of minstrel music was the creation and reinforcement of stereotypes about Black people with the goal of legitimizing white dominance, particularly following the abolishment of slavery in the …
    Image     Content Note: Minstrel shows were a form a popular entertainment in North America in the 19th and 20th centuries. A key goal of minstrel music was the creation and reinforcement …
    Whitby Public Library
  • King Street School Room 5 Students, 1922
    King Street School Room 5 Students, 1922
    Image       King Street School was built in 1921 on the block bounded by King, Dunlop, Henry, and Gilbert Streets. It was built to replace Henry Street School which burned down in 1920. In 1979 it was renamed R.A. Sennett Public School in honour of its first principal who served from 1921-1952.
    Image     King Street School was built in 1921 on the block bounded by King, Dunlop, Henry, and Gilbert Streets. It was built to replace Henry Street School which burned down in …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Rear View of Whitby Collegiate Institute
    Rear View of Whitby Collegiate Institute
    Image       The Whitby Collegiate Institute was built in 1873 and was located on the south side of Colborne Street between King and Centre Streets. The school was demolished in 1975-1976.
    Image     The Whitby Collegiate Institute was built in 1873 and was located on the south side of Colborne Street between King and Centre Streets. The school was demolished in 1975-1976.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Brock Street Public School Students, 1922
    Brock Street Public School Students, 1922
    Image       The Brock Street Public School was built in 1916 on the east side of Brock Street south of Victoria Street. Also known as the Bay School, it served Port Whitby until it closed in 1969. The building was demolished in 1998.
    Image     The Brock Street Public School was built in 1916 on the east side of Brock Street south of Victoria Street. Also known as the Bay School, it served Port Whitby …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Roman Catholic Separate School Students, 1922
    Whitby Roman Catholic Separate School Students, 1922
    Image       From 1875-1926 the Whitby Roman Catholic Separate School was located at 315-317 Palace Street north of John Street. It was a framed building that was bricked over in 1913. It was replaced by St. Bernard's School ad Dundas and Centre Streets in 1926 and the building became a residence.
    Image     From 1875-1926 the Whitby Roman Catholic Separate School was located at 315-317 Palace Street north of John Street. It was a framed building that was bricked over in 1913. It …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Brock Street School Room 1 Students, 1922
    Brock Street School Room 1 Students, 1922
    Image       Brock Street Public School was built in 1916 on the east side of Brock Street south of Victoria Street. Also known as the Bay School, it served Port Whitby until it closed in 1969. The building was demolished in 1998.
    Image     Brock Street Public School was built in 1916 on the east side of Brock Street south of Victoria Street. Also known as the Bay School, it served Port Whitby until …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Sinclair School Class, 1922
    Sinclair School Class, 1922
    Image       Sinclair School was built on the north side of Concession 4 (Taunton Road) east of Garden Street in 1874. It was used as a school until it closed in 1979. Sinclair School was demolished in 1992.
    Image     Sinclair School was built on the north side of Concession 4 (Taunton Road) east of Garden Street in 1874. It was used as a school until it closed in 1979. …
    Whitby Public Library
  • King Street School Entrance Class (R. A. Sennett Public School)
    King Street School Entrance Class (R. A. Sennett Public School)
    Image       King Street School was built in 1921 at 300 King Street. It was built to replace Henry Street School which burned down in 1920. In 1979 it was renamed R.A. Sennett Public School in honour of its first principal who served from 1921-1952.
    Image     King Street School was built in 1921 at 300 King Street. It was built to replace Henry Street School which burned down in 1920. In 1979 it was renamed R.A. …
    Whitby Public Library
Web Tools:
Dublin Core | Mods