Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 13 matching items.
Contributors Bracebridge Public Library   Year 2018  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Tamarac Lodge, Lake Muskoka 1952
    Tamarac Lodge, Lake Muskoka 1952
    Image       Tamarac Lodge in Monck township, was built by Dr. Fraser Greig of Bracebridge in 1944. In later years, the lodge changed hands several times and changed its name to Tamwood Lodge. It was torn down in 1987 to make way for the construction of Touchstone development.
    Image     Tamarac Lodge in Monck township, was built by Dr. Fraser Greig of Bracebridge in 1944. In later years, the lodge changed hands several times and changed its name to Tamwood ...
    Bracebridge Public Library
  • Tamarac Lodge, aerial view
    Tamarac Lodge, aerial view
    Image       Tamarac Lodge was originally built in 1944 by Dr. Fraser M. Greig of Bracebridge. When purchased by Frank Miller, owner of Patterson-Kaye Lodge, in 1964, it became known as Tamwood Lodge. Constructed of tamarack logs, it was one of the longest log buildings in Canada. During the winters of 1950s, ...
    Image     Tamarac Lodge was originally built in 1944 by Dr. Fraser M. Greig of Bracebridge. When purchased by Frank Miller, owner of Patterson-Kaye Lodge, in 1964, it became known as Tamwood ...
    Bracebridge Public Library
  • Tamarac Lodge, Bracebridge, 1952
    Tamarac Lodge, Bracebridge, 1952
    Image       Tamarack Lodge was built in 1944 by Dr. Fraser M. Grieg of Bracebridge. Constructed of tamarack logs, it offered 32 rooms on a bay on Lake Muskoka between Bracebridge and Milford Bay. After 1964 it was known as Tamwood Lodge until it was demolished in 2007 to make way for ...
    Image     Tamarack Lodge was built in 1944 by Dr. Fraser M. Grieg of Bracebridge. Constructed of tamarack logs, it offered 32 rooms on a bay on Lake Muskoka between Bracebridge and ...
    Bracebridge Public Library
  • Moving the steam yacht Naiad from Gravenhurst Wharf 1940s
    Moving the steam yacht Naiad from Gravenhurst Wharf 1940s
    Image       The Naiad, a 68 foot craft built at Toronto in 1890 for Senator William Eli Sanford, was the first known steam yacht on the Muskoka Lakes. Senator Sanford used the yacht to entertain guests at his summer home on Lake Rosseau. Guests aboard have included Prime Minister Sir John Thompson ...
    Image     The Naiad, a 68 foot craft built at Toronto in 1890 for Senator William Eli Sanford, was the first known steam yacht on the Muskoka Lakes. Senator Sanford used the ...
    Bracebridge Public Library
  • Moving the steam yacht Naiad through Bracebridge, 1940s
    Moving the steam yacht Naiad through Bracebridge, 1940s
    Image       The steam yacht Naiad, formerly owned by Senator William Eli Sanford and later his family, is being moved from Gravenhurst Wharf through Bracebridge en route to Lake of Bays, for David Cameron Peck of Illinois during the 1940s.
    Image     The steam yacht Naiad, formerly owned by Senator William Eli Sanford and later his family, is being moved from Gravenhurst Wharf through Bracebridge en route to Lake of Bays, for ...
    Bracebridge Public Library
  • Bracebridge Post Office with Clock Tower
    Bracebridge Post Office with Clock Tower
    Image       Constructed at the corner of Manitoba and Thomas (now Taylor Rd) Streets in 1914. The new clock was installed in 1915.
    Image     Constructed at the corner of Manitoba and Thomas (now Taylor Rd) Streets in 1914. The new clock was installed in 1915.
    Bracebridge Public Library
  • Train wreck at Bracebridge 1906
    Train wreck at Bracebridge 1906
    Image       Photograph of the train wreck at Bracebridge train station on March 2 1906 when 2 freight trains collided. Considerable damage was done to the train station building. In the background is the Albion Hotel, known as the Railway Hotel when it was constructed in 1881. The hotel was demolished in ...
    Image     Photograph of the train wreck at Bracebridge train station on March 2 1906 when 2 freight trains collided. Considerable damage was done to the train station building. In the background ...
    Bracebridge Public Library
  • Train wreck at Falkenburg 1929
    Train wreck at Falkenburg 1929
    Image       In the wee hours of the morning on February 20 1929 a southbound freight train, en route from North Bay,and loaded with 31 cars of pulpwood, derailed at Falkenburg. Three of the crew, all from Allendale, died.
    Image     In the wee hours of the morning on February 20 1929 a southbound freight train, en route from North Bay,and loaded with 31 cars of pulpwood, derailed at Falkenburg. Three ...
    Bracebridge Public Library
  • Wiltown Lodge, Bracebridge.
    Wiltown Lodge, Bracebridge.
    Image       Wiltown Lodge, an impressive two and a half storey wooden building, was the home of William Towns and family. Mr. Towns was a prominent citizen of the town serving on the Board of Trade and as a member of the Oddfellows.
    Image     Wiltown Lodge, an impressive two and a half storey wooden building, was the home of William Towns and family. Mr. Towns was a prominent citizen of the town serving on ...
    Bracebridge Public Library
  • Bracebridge Dairy milkman 1948
    Bracebridge Dairy milkman 1948
    Image       In 1947, Bracebridge Dairy took over Hammond's Dairy and a year later it still employed milkman Murray Anderson and horse "Queen" to deliver door to door.
    Image     In 1947, Bracebridge Dairy took over Hammond's Dairy and a year later it still employed milkman Murray Anderson and horse "Queen" to deliver door to door.
    Bracebridge Public Library
  • Muskoka Foundry, Bracebridge
    Muskoka Foundry, Bracebridge
    Image       Muskoka Foundry was located in the large, brick building originally erected in 1903 for the Dominion Linen Mill in Bracebridge. Muskoka Foundry Ltd., operated by Mungo P. MacKay, moved to this building about 1917, advertising as "Engineers, Machinists, Iron and Brass Founders". They supplied machinery, parts and repairs to sawmills ...
    Image     Muskoka Foundry was located in the large, brick building originally erected in 1903 for the Dominion Linen Mill in Bracebridge. Muskoka Foundry Ltd., operated by Mungo P. MacKay, moved to ...
    Bracebridge Public Library
  • Bracebridge Manitoba Street Fire 1908
    Bracebridge Manitoba Street Fire 1908
    Image       A serious fire broke out early Monday morning December 28th 1908 along the east side of Manitoba Street, destroying several businesses in the heart of downtown Bracebridge. Firefighters were hampered by ice forming due to the severe cold.
    Image     A serious fire broke out early Monday morning December 28th 1908 along the east side of Manitoba Street, destroying several businesses in the heart of downtown Bracebridge. Firefighters were hampered ...
    Bracebridge Public Library
  • Flooding on River Street, Bracebridge.
    Flooding on River Street, Bracebridge.
    Image       "A typical spring flood scene on River St., Bracebridge in the 1920s." handwritten on the back of photo.
    Image     "A typical spring flood scene on River St., Bracebridge in the 1920s." handwritten on the back of photo.
    Bracebridge Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
Item Types
Years
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019