Skip to content


Results

We found 11 matching items.
  • Remove Search term Media Types: Images
  • Remove Search term Item types: Negatives
  • Remove Search term Year: 1908
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Whitby Hockey Team
    Whitby Hockey Team
    Image       Black and white negative of a photograph showing a Whitby hockey team. The young men are wearing uniforms and equipment. The photograph was taken in a studio. Back row: Bert Smith, Dave Megaffin, Tom Anderson. Middle row: Fred Hatrick, Art Blanchard, Harry Watson. Front row: Charlie Blanchard, John Barclay.
    Image     Black and white negative of a photograph showing a Whitby hockey team. The young men are wearing uniforms and equipment. The photograph was taken in a studio. Back row: Bert …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Louis Joseph Sebert at the Olympic Games, 1908
    Louis Joseph Sebert at the Olympic Games, 1908
    Image       Louis J. Sebert was born in Whitby in 1886 and lived at Whitby and Brooklin in his youth. He was a champion track and field athlete at the University of Toronto and represented Canada at the Olympic Games in London, England in 1908. At the time of his death he …
    Image     Louis J. Sebert was born in Whitby in 1886 and lived at Whitby and Brooklin in his youth. He was a champion track and field athlete at the University of …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Louis Joseph Sebert in Track Suit
    Louis Joseph Sebert in Track Suit
    Image       Louis J. Sebert was born in Whitby in 1886 and lived at Whitby and Brooklin in his youth. He was a champion track and field athlete at the University of Toronto and represented Canada at the Olympic Games in London, England in 1908. At the time of his death he …
    Image     Louis J. Sebert was born in Whitby in 1886 and lived at Whitby and Brooklin in his youth. He was a champion track and field athlete at the University of …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Family of Thomas Hall Wilson, 1908
    Family of Thomas Hall Wilson, 1908
    Imagecomment       Thomas Hall Wilson (1837-1913), eldest son of James (1807-1890) and Elizabeth (1818-1889) Wilson, married Catherine DeGeer (1837-1913) at Whitchurch Township in 1858; they had six children: Mary Hannah Wilson (1860-1942), William James Wilson (1862-1915), Amanda Elizabeth Wilson (1864-1952), Charles Herbert Wilson (1866-1943), Kate Annett Wilson (1869-1953), George Iolum Wilson (1872-1954). …
    Imagecomment     Thomas Hall Wilson (1837-1913), eldest son of James (1807-1890) and Elizabeth (1818-1889) Wilson, married Catherine DeGeer (1837-1913) at Whitchurch Township in 1858; they had six children: Mary Hannah Wilson (1860-1942), …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Collegiate Institute Field Day
    Whitby Collegiate Institute Field Day
    Image       Whitby Collegiate Institute was built in 1873 and was located on the south side of Colborne Street between King and Centre Streets. The school was demolished in 1975-1976.
    Image     Whitby Collegiate Institute was built in 1873 and was located on the south side of Colborne Street between King and Centre Streets. The school was demolished in 1975-1976.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Hamilton Y.M.C.A. Members at Goldring House, c.1908
    Hamilton Y.M.C.A. Members at Goldring House, c.1908
    Image       For several years in the early 20th century, Captain Richard Goldring took members of the Hamilton Y.M.C.A. on an excursion to Niagra Falls on his schooner, the Maple Leaf.
    Image     For several years in the early 20th century, Captain Richard Goldring took members of the Hamilton Y.M.C.A. on an excursion to Niagra Falls on his schooner, the Maple Leaf.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Myrtle Basketball Club, c.1908
    Myrtle Basketball Club, c.1908
    Image       Black and white negative showing a photograph of the members of the Myrtle Basketball Club. Back row: Goldie Graham... Centre row: Jessie Dickson, unidentified, Ella Dickson.
    Image     Black and white negative showing a photograph of the members of the Myrtle Basketball Club. Back row: Goldie Graham... Centre row: Jessie Dickson, unidentified, Ella Dickson.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Ontario County Court House
    Ontario County Court House
    Image       The Ontario County Courthouse was built from 1852-1854 on the west side of Centre Street between Ontario Street and Gilbert Streets. The architects were Frederic Cumberland and William Storm of Toronto. The extension at the north end was added in 1866. The building served as a courthouse from 1854-1964. In …
    Image     The Ontario County Courthouse was built from 1852-1854 on the west side of Centre Street between Ontario Street and Gilbert Streets. The architects were Frederic Cumberland and William Storm of …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Ontario County House of Refuge
    Ontario County House of Refuge
    Image       The Ontario County House of Refuge was built between 1901-1903. It was located on the west side of High Street opposite John Street. It served as a house of refuge from 1903-1951 when it was replaced by Fairview Lodge. The building was used as apartments from 1951 until a fire …
    Image     The Ontario County House of Refuge was built between 1901-1903. It was located on the west side of High Street opposite John Street. It served as a house of refuge …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Collegiate Institute, c.1908
    Whitby Collegiate Institute, c.1908
    Image       The Whitby Collegiate Institute was built in 1873 and was located on the south side of Colborne Street between King and Centre Streets. The school was demolished in 1975-1976.
    Image     The Whitby Collegiate Institute was built in 1873 and was located on the south side of Colborne Street between King and Centre Streets. The school was demolished in 1975-1976.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Junction Station
    Whitby Junction Station
    ImageObject       The Whitby junction Station was built at the foot of Byron Street on the Grand Trunk Railway in 1903. It closed in 1969 and in 1970 it was moved to the north-east corner of Victoria and Henry Streets for use as an art gallery. In 2004 the Station Gallery was …
    ImageObject     The Whitby junction Station was built at the foot of Byron Street on the Grand Trunk Railway in 1903. It closed in 1969 and in 1970 it was moved to …
    Whitby Public Library
Web Tools:
Dublin Core | Mods
Contributors
Media Types
Location
Groups
Item Types
Years
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
Features
Creative Commons