Skip to content


Results

We found 97064 matching items.
  • Remove Search term Decade: 1950-1959
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Main St Fire - Bluebird Restaurant
    Main St Fire - Bluebird Restaurant
    Image       This is a black and white photo of the remains of the Bluebird Restaurant that was situated on Main Street between Huron and Algoma along the east side. The fire began in Stewart's Taxi stand, and destroyed four businesses in total.
    Image     This is a black and white photo of the remains of the Bluebird Restaurant that was situated on Main Street between Huron and Algoma along the east side. The fire …
    Thessalon Union Public Library
  • Forsyth Limited Group Staff Photo, 1951
    Forsyth Limited Group Staff Photo, 1951
    Imagemystery       Condition: Excellent Copy. It has been laminated.
    Imagemystery     Condition: Excellent Copy. It has been laminated.
    St. Marys Museum
  • Waterloo College residence for women
    Waterloo College residence for women
    Text       In ink, reverse: 1952 In 1952 the original campus building was renovated and became the first permanent women's residence on campus. In 1954 it was officially named Conrad Hall in honour of Clara Conrad, long-time president of the Women's Auxiliary. The building was demolished in 1962 to make room for …
    Text     In ink, reverse: 1952 In 1952 the original campus building was renovated and became the first permanent women's residence on campus. In 1954 it was officially named Conrad Hall in …
    Wilfrid Laurier University Library
  • You and The Women's Auxiliary of Waterloo College & Seminary
    You and The Women's Auxiliary of Waterloo College & Seminary
    Text       In ink, on cover: 1959 The Women's Auxiliary of Waterloo Lutheran Seminary was organized in 1913 to stimulate interest in the programs and needs of Waterloo Lutheran Seminary, especially in relation to the training of men and women committed to a Christian ministry. Waterloo Lutheran Seminary is a seminary of …
    Text     In ink, on cover: 1959 The Women's Auxiliary of Waterloo Lutheran Seminary was organized in 1913 to stimulate interest in the programs and needs of Waterloo Lutheran Seminary, especially in …
    Wilfrid Laurier University Library
  • This is "Martha Service" in kingdom building : the work of the Women's Auxiliary of Waterloo College and Seminary
    This is "Martha Service" in kingdom building : the work of the Women's Auxiliary of Waterloo College and Seminary
    Text       In ink, on cover: 1955 The Women's Auxiliary of Waterloo Lutheran Seminary was organized in 1913 to stimulate interest in the programs and needs of Waterloo Lutheran Seminary, especially in relation to the training of men and women committed to a Christian ministry. The Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada began …
    Text     In ink, on cover: 1955 The Women's Auxiliary of Waterloo Lutheran Seminary was organized in 1913 to stimulate interest in the programs and needs of Waterloo Lutheran Seminary, especially in …
    Wilfrid Laurier University Library
  • Construction of Whitby Jail, 1958
    Construction of Whitby Jail, 1958
    Image       The Whitby Jail was built between 1957-1958 to replace the Ontario County Jail which was demolished in 1960. The new jail was built at the south-west corner of Victoria and Byron Streets. It opened on 19 June 1958.
    Image     The Whitby Jail was built between 1957-1958 to replace the Ontario County Jail which was demolished in 1960. The new jail was built at the south-west corner of Victoria and …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Waterloo College Junior Prom dance card, 1950
    Waterloo College Junior Prom dance card, 1950
    Text       Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
    Text     Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. …
    Wilfrid Laurier University Library
  • Whitby Jail, 1958
    Whitby Jail, 1958
    Image       The Whitby Jail was built between 1957-1958 to replace the Ontario County Jail which was demolished in 1960. The new jail was built at the south-west corner of Victoria and Byron Streets. It opened on 19 June 1958.
    Image     The Whitby Jail was built between 1957-1958 to replace the Ontario County Jail which was demolished in 1960. The new jail was built at the south-west corner of Victoria and …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Waterloo College proudly presents The Purple & Gold Revue : produced and directed by the students of Waterloo College
    Waterloo College proudly presents The Purple & Gold Revue : produced and directed by the students of Waterloo College
    Textcomment       Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
    Textcomment     Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. …
    Wilfrid Laurier University Library
  • Class Photograph, Mackey
    Class Photograph, Mackey
    Imagemysterycomment       Back Row: Lenora Jennings, Jowayne Boudreau, Olive McIntyre (teacher), Louise Riches, Iona Boudreau, Glenda Gallagher, Lorna Jennings, Yvonne Gagne, Joan Boudreau, Lois Boudreau, Genevieve Jennings. Second Row: Merwyn Jennings, Gloria Boudreau, Doris Jennings, Diane Riches, Darla Clouthier, Loretta Francoeur, Mildred Boudreau, Anne Gallagher, Sandra Jennings, Justin Francoeur, Mark Francoeur. Front …
    Imagemysterycomment     Back Row: Lenora Jennings, Jowayne Boudreau, Olive McIntyre (teacher), Louise Riches, Iona Boudreau, Glenda Gallagher, Lorna Jennings, Yvonne Gagne, Joan Boudreau, Lois Boudreau, Genevieve Jennings. Second Row: Merwyn Jennings, Gloria …
    Head, Clara and Maria Public Library
  • Jean and Ferdie Boudreau's Laurentian view cabins
    Jean and Ferdie Boudreau's Laurentian view cabins
    Image       Stonework in the foreground, three terraces with Laurentian View Cabins written in stone. A cabin sits in the background.
    Image     Stonework in the foreground, three terraces with Laurentian View Cabins written in stone. A cabin sits in the background.
    Head, Clara and Maria Public Library
  • Stonecliffe Country Store
    Stonecliffe Country Store
    Imagemysterycomment       Signs: Coca Cola Pepsi Winchester Cigarettes Dunlop Black Cat Cigarettes
    Imagemysterycomment     Signs: Coca Cola Pepsi Winchester Cigarettes Dunlop Black Cat Cigarettes
    Head, Clara and Maria Public Library
  • Waterloo College football game, 1955
    Waterloo College football game, 1955
    Image       Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
    Image     Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. …
    Wilfrid Laurier University Library
  • Fire at St. John's Lutheran Church, Waterloo, Ontario
    Fire at St. John's Lutheran Church, Waterloo, Ontario
    Image       St. John's Lutheran Church (1837-2018) in Waterloo, Ontario was a member of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. The congregation was formed in 1837, and a modest church was built in uptown Waterloo, at the modern-day intersection of King and Bridgeport Streets. The congregation eventually outgrew …
    Image     St. John's Lutheran Church (1837-2018) in Waterloo, Ontario was a member of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. The congregation was formed in 1837, and a …
    Wilfrid Laurier University Library
  • Waterloo College Christmas Banquet, 1953
    Waterloo College Christmas Banquet, 1953
    Image       Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
    Image     Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. …
    Wilfrid Laurier University Library
  • Waterloo College Christmas Banquet, 1953
    Waterloo College Christmas Banquet, 1953
    Image       The photograph is damaged. Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid …
    Image     The photograph is damaged. Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing …
    Wilfrid Laurier University Library
  • Vacation Church School at St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, Waterloo
    Vacation Church School at St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, Waterloo
    Image       St. John's Lutheran Church (1837-2018) in Waterloo, Ontario was a member of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. The congregation was formed in 1837, and a modest church was built in uptown Waterloo, at the modern-day intersection of King and Bridgeport Streets. The congregation eventually outgrew …
    Image     St. John's Lutheran Church (1837-2018) in Waterloo, Ontario was a member of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. The congregation was formed in 1837, and a …
    Wilfrid Laurier University Library
  • Vacation Church School, St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, Waterloo
    Vacation Church School, St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, Waterloo
    Image       St. John's Lutheran Church (1837-2018) in Waterloo, Ontario was a member of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. The congregation was formed in 1837, and a modest church was built in uptown Waterloo, at the modern-day intersection of King and Bridgeport Streets. The congregation eventually outgrew …
    Image     St. John's Lutheran Church (1837-2018) in Waterloo, Ontario was a member of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. The congregation was formed in 1837, and a …
    Wilfrid Laurier University Library
  • Ontario County Jail, 1955
    Ontario County Jail, 1955
    Image       he Ontario County Jail was built in 1853 at the south-east corner of King and Gilbert Streets and demolished in February 1960. It was replaced by the new jail on Victoria Street in 1958.
    Image     he Ontario County Jail was built in 1853 at the south-east corner of King and Gilbert Streets and demolished in February 1960. It was replaced by the new jail on …
    Whitby Public Library
  • Waterloo College Junior Prom dance card, 1956
    Waterloo College Junior Prom dance card, 1956
    Text       Doreen Sanderson was a student in the Department of Secretarial Science at Waterloo College from 1955 to her graduation in 1958. Her married name is Doreen Smith. Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College …
    Text     Doreen Sanderson was a student in the Department of Secretarial Science at Waterloo College from 1955 to her graduation in 1958. Her married name is Doreen Smith. Wilfrid Laurier University …
    Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Web Tools:
Dublin Core | Mods
Contributors
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Media Types
Location
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
Features
Creative Commons