Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 112 matching items.
Contributors Magnetawan Public Library  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 325 River Road, Lot 25 Con 7, Mangetawan
    325 River Road, Lot 25 Con 7, Mangetawan
    imagetext  1910     At the top of the page:325 River RoadLot 25 Con 7At the bottom of the page:The old stone house on this farm was built in 1910 by Thomas Hicks. Lome Woodruff was granted this land and lived here in a frame house, but lost the property to the mortgage company. ...
    imagetext  1910   At the top of the page:325 River RoadLot 25 Con 7At the bottom of the page:The old stone house on this farm was built in 1910 by Thomas Hicks. Lome ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • The Wurm Farm, Magnetawan
    The Wurm Farm, Magnetawan
    imagetext  1877     The Wurm FarmLot 26, 27 Con.3 Chapman TownshipWaterfront land on Con. 4Julius Wurm came here from Kitchener, Ontario with his mother and stepfather, Mr.Mrs. Wm. Hoerner, in 1877. When he turned 18 the next November, he obtained a grant for Lot 26, and the next year acquired Lot 27. This ...
    imagetext  1877   The Wurm FarmLot 26, 27 Con.3 Chapman TownshipWaterfront land on Con. 4Julius Wurm came here from Kitchener, Ontario with his mother and stepfather, Mr.Mrs. Wm. Hoerner, in 1877. When he ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • T. J. Daly House, built circa 1925
    T. J. Daly House, built circa 1925
    imagetext  1930     Biddy Street NorthEast Side, Lot DAcross from Highway 520Tom Daley Sr. built this house after the original house burned in 1959. It is a one story frame building on a full basement. After Tom died his daughter Nancy Holborn owns the house and rents it out. Dan and Jill Fraser ...
    imagetext  1930   Biddy Street NorthEast Side, Lot DAcross from Highway 520Tom Daley Sr. built this house after the original house burned in 1959. It is a one story frame building on a ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • Biddy Street North Lot 10, West side, Magnetawan
    Biddy Street North Lot 10, West side, Magnetawan
    imagetext  1934     At the top of the photo:Biddy Street NorthLot 10, West sideAcross from Biddy and Highway 520At the bottom of the photo:Magnetawan Garage was built and operated by Tommy Miller in 1934 - 1959 when he sold to Joe Bernas and his brother-in-law Gord Molnor. Later, Joe and Betty bought out ...
    imagetext  1934   At the top of the photo:Biddy Street NorthLot 10, West sideAcross from Biddy and Highway 520At the bottom of the photo:Magnetawan Garage was built and operated by Tommy Miller in ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • West Street South, Magnetawan
    West Street South, Magnetawan
    imagetext  circa 1946     West Street SouthEast side, Lots 21, 22, 23, 24Fran-RuFrank and Ruth Fairbrother, hence the name "Fran-Ru", built this as a summer resort in 1946. There were a few cabins they rented out as well as the main lodge. Some say Mr.Mrs. Walker built and sold to Fairbrothers, however they both ...
    imagetext  circa 1946   West Street SouthEast side, Lots 21, 22, 23, 24Fran-RuFrank and Ruth Fairbrother, hence the name "Fran-Ru", built this as a summer resort in 1946. There were a few cabins they ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • 23 Bay Street, North Side, Magnetawan
    23 Bay Street, North Side, Magnetawan
    imagetext  1940     23 Bay Street, North SideSouth side Lot 12, North side Lot 13, West side Church StreetThis two story frame house was built in 1940 by Bill Russell for Archie and Lillie King, Viola, Ray and Jack. New aluminum siding replaced the red insul brick. In her later years, Lillie used ...
    imagetext  1940   23 Bay Street, North SideSouth side Lot 12, North side Lot 13, West side Church StreetThis two story frame house was built in 1940 by Bill Russell for Archie and ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • William and Lila Boettger Home, Magnetawan, 1942
    William and Lila Boettger Home, Magnetawan, 1942
    imagetext  1943     36 BayStreet. East sideLot 13, Andrews, Street access from Bay StreetThis frame story and a half house was built for Mr. Schade and his family. The back piece was added some years later and Jim Mc Lachlan lived there for a while. Lila and William Boettger bought the house about ...
    imagetext  1943   36 BayStreet. East sideLot 13, Andrews, Street access from Bay StreetThis frame story and a half house was built for Mr. Schade and his family. The back piece was added ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • Andrew Street, Part lot 12 or 13, Magnetawan
    Andrew Street, Part lot 12 or 13, Magnetawan
    imagetext  circa 1990     Andrew Street, East sidePart Lot 12 or 13, Access from Bay StreetThe former George Osborne house was sold to Ed Ross. The owner in 1998 is Wanda Lecuyer. The house was dismantled after years of no one living in it. A family by the name of Douglas once lived here. ...
    imagetext  circa 1990   Andrew Street, East sidePart Lot 12 or 13, Access from Bay StreetThe former George Osborne house was sold to Ed Ross. The owner in 1998 is Wanda Lecuyer. The house ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • 22 Bay Street, Magnetawan
    22 Bay Street, Magnetawan
    imagetext  circa 1950     22 Bay Street, south sidePart Lot 7This property belonged to Frank Osborne in the 1940s and he built two cottages on the lot. The property lines in this part of town seemed to be in question between Dolly McLaughlan and Frank, who were brother and sister and whose properties adjoined. ...
    imagetext  circa 1950   22 Bay Street, south sidePart Lot 7This property belonged to Frank Osborne in the 1940s and he built two cottages on the lot. The property lines in this part of ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • Dolly Osborne/McLaughlan House, Magnetawan
    Dolly Osborne/McLaughlan House, Magnetawan
    imagetext  1928     20 Bay Street, south sideMurray and Pearl Osborne lived in this house for many years. It was originally a two story with insul brick siding. Dolly Osborne McLachlan owned it and for a long time it was used only in the summers. The top floor was removed and a new ...
    imagetext  1928   20 Bay Street, south sideMurray and Pearl Osborne lived in this house for many years. It was originally a two story with insul brick siding. Dolly Osborne McLachlan owned it ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • Sparks Street North, Lot 9, Magnetawan
    Sparks Street North, Lot 9, Magnetawan
    imagetext  1978     At the top of the page:Sparks Street NorthThe Back RoomSouth Part Lot 9. North Part Lot, West sideAt the bottom of the page:This building was the United Church Manse. The land was purchased in 1892 but there is no building date. In 1894, it was registered to F.W. Raoch and ...
    imagetext  1978   At the top of the page:Sparks Street NorthThe Back RoomSouth Part Lot 9. North Part Lot, West sideAt the bottom of the page:This building was the United Church Manse. The ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • Family Home at 4271 Sparks Street North, Magnetawan
    Family Home at 4271 Sparks Street North, Magnetawan
    imagetext  1996     4271 Sparks Street NorthSouth Part Lot 7, West sideFrancis and Ellen Stewart built this retirement home in 1925, when they sold the farm to Dave. After their deaths, the house belonged to three sons - Bill, Tom and John. Bill lived here after the war until his death in 1966.When ...
    imagetext  1996   4271 Sparks Street NorthSouth Part Lot 7, West sideFrancis and Ellen Stewart built this retirement home in 1925, when they sold the farm to Dave. After their deaths, the house ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • 4275 Sparks Street North, Magnetawan
    4275 Sparks Street North, Magnetawan
    imagetext  1994     Written on the back L. to R. Dr. Freeborns, Troyers, Orange Hall, about 1930, 19294275 Sparks Street NorthNorth half, Lot 7, South half, Lot 6, West sideDr. Freeborn built this house about 1910 on land that originally belonged to the Irwin-Stewart farm. He ran his medical practice here and also ...
    imagetext  1994   Written on the back L. to R. Dr. Freeborns, Troyers, Orange Hall, about 1930, 19294275 Sparks Street NorthNorth half, Lot 7, South half, Lot 6, West sideDr. Freeborn built this ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • Family Home, Sparks Street North Lot 6, Magnetawan
    Family Home, Sparks Street North Lot 6, Magnetawan
    imagetext  1929     Sparks Street NorthNorth half, Lot 6J. Wilfred Troyer built this house for his family in 1915. It is a two story brick house with attic and a basement. Ted and Vickie Nelson bought the property in 1954 or 55. When they were no longer able to care for the house, ...
    imagetext  1929   Sparks Street NorthNorth half, Lot 6J. Wilfred Troyer built this house for his family in 1915. It is a two story brick house with attic and a basement. Ted and ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • The Orange Hall, Magnetawan
    The Orange Hall, Magnetawan
    imagetext  1970     4289 Sparks Street NorthIRWIN HAD A SMALLSHOP FOR BIKESBETWEEN ORANGEHALLTROYERS ABOUT1908South half, Lot 5, West sideBefore this Orange Lodge was built in 1913 -14, the LOL 502 met somewhere at the corner of Sparks and Burrows, then at Lot 11 Bay Street. The building now has a full basement, but ...
    imagetext  1970   4289 Sparks Street NorthIRWIN HAD A SMALLSHOP FOR BIKESBETWEEN ORANGEHALLTROYERS ABOUT1908South half, Lot 5, West sideBefore this Orange Lodge was built in 1913 -14, the LOL 502 met somewhere at ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • Magnetawan Car Care, 4303 Sparks Street North
    Magnetawan Car Care, 4303 Sparks Street North
    imagetext  1949     4303 Sparks Street North, Magnetawan Car CareSouth Part Lot 3, North Part Lot 4, West sideArchie King bought this land from Cleve Miller (George Stewart's son-in-law) after George died in 1944. Archie built a one-story block garage about 1949. He died in 1952, and his son Ray King took over ...
    imagetext  1949   4303 Sparks Street North, Magnetawan Car CareSouth Part Lot 3, North Part Lot 4, West sideArchie King bought this land from Cleve Miller (George Stewart's son-in-law) after George died in ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • Agricultural Hall, Magnetawan, 1985
    Agricultural Hall, Magnetawan, 1985
    imagetext  1985     Three page history of the Magnetawan's Agricultural Hall. This history is accompanied by a colour photograph of the Agricultural Hall. The hall is a red barn like structure, a few cars are to the left of the building. There is a white fence with a 4-H sign to the left ...
    imagetext  1985   Three page history of the Magnetawan's Agricultural Hall. This history is accompanied by a colour photograph of the Agricultural Hall. The hall is a red barn like structure, a few ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • Old School House, 4288 Sparks Street North, Magnetawan
    Old School House, 4288 Sparks Street North, Magnetawan
    imagetext  circa 1980     4288 Sparks Street NorthLot 5, East side, Formerly 5 Sparks StreetThe present building on this lot was erected in 1888, the second School to be built in Magnetawan. It was frame construction with one room, heated by a wood stove, which was cared for by students who lived close by. ...
    imagetext  circa 1980   4288 Sparks Street NorthLot 5, East side, Formerly 5 Sparks StreetThe present building on this lot was erected in 1888, the second School to be built in Magnetawan. It was ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • Stan Black in front of the Telephone Building, Sparks Street, Magnetawan, circa 1950
    Stan Black in front of the Telephone Building, Sparks Street, Magnetawan, circa 1950
    imagetext  circa 1950     At the top of the page, 'Sparks Street North Part Lot 6 East Side,' was typed on the page.Below the picture, 'TELEPHONE BUILDING - STAN BLACK' is handwritten in black ink.At the bottom of the photograph: 'This lot is owned by the Royal Canadian Legion , Dunchurch-Magnetawan Branch. In the ...
    imagetext  circa 1950   At the top of the page, 'Sparks Street North Part Lot 6 East Side,' was typed on the page.Below the picture, 'TELEPHONE BUILDING - STAN BLACK' is handwritten in black ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
  • House at 4252 Sparks Street North, Lot 9, East Side, Magnetawan
    House at 4252 Sparks Street North, Lot 9, East Side, Magnetawan
    imagetext  2001     At the top of the page:"4252 Sparks Street North, Lot 9, East side"In between the two photos:"Main Street, Magnetawan, Ont."At the bottom of the page:"This house was built about 1909 by James Jenkins, who was a carpenter. It was later occupied by the Bill Lennox family for many years. Later ...
    imagetext  2001   At the top of the page:"4252 Sparks Street North, Lot 9, East side"In between the two photos:"Main Street, Magnetawan, Ont."At the bottom of the page:"This house was built about 1909 ...
    Magnetawan Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Groups
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Features
Creative Commons