Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 4119 matching items.
Contributors Burlington Historical Society  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Maplehurst School, Junior and Senior Classes, 1934
    Maplehurst School, Junior and Senior Classes, 1934
    image  1934     Front row: Robert Stevenson, Allan McMillan, Stanley Wiggins, John Thomas, Albert Stone and Joe Bigham.Second row: Verna Green, Amerna Basso, Ruth Atkins, Jean King, Alvena Merk, Norma Cutter, Joyce Scheer, Kathleen High and Audrey Green.Third row: Terasina Basso, June Breckon, Winifred ? , Henrietta Snake, Margaret Scheer, Marion Black, Mary ...
    image  1934   Front row: Robert Stevenson, Allan McMillan, Stanley Wiggins, John Thomas, Albert Stone and Joe Bigham.Second row: Verna Green, Amerna Basso, Ruth Atkins, Jean King, Alvena Merk, Norma Cutter, Joyce Scheer, ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Glenwood School grade 1 ? class (Miss Herma Bailey), October 1954 ?
    Glenwood School grade 1 ? class (Miss Herma Bailey), October 1954 ?
    image  October 1954 ?     Printed in pencil on the reverse: "Bruce McFarlane".
    image  October 1954 ?   Printed in pencil on the reverse: "Bruce McFarlane".
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Glenwood School photograph folder, October 1957
    Glenwood School photograph folder, October 1957
    text  October 1957     The pencil autographs on the reverse include "Tim Corkery", "Robert Capener", "Lance Henry" and Robert A Marr".
    text  October 1957   The pencil autographs on the reverse include "Tim Corkery", "Robert Capener", "Lance Henry" and Robert A Marr".
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Burlington Home Guard, Burlington High School grounds, May 1940
    Burlington Home Guard, Burlington High School grounds, May 1940
    imagemystery  May 1940,     A detail (trimming sky and grass) of an original photograph.J. Gordon Blair was Mayor of Burlington during World War II, from 1940 to 1945.The Hamilton Spectator, in a story datelined May 23 (1940) reported that a Citizens' War-time committee had been selected to form a home guard unit in Burlington: ...
    imagemystery  May 1940,   A detail (trimming sky and grass) of an original photograph.J. Gordon Blair was Mayor of Burlington during World War II, from 1940 to 1945.The Hamilton Spectator, in a story datelined ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 151 Panin Road, 2006
    151 Panin Road, 2006
    image  2006,    
    image  2006,  
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 2138 Brant Street, Glover residence, ca 1975
    2138 Brant Street, Glover residence, ca 1975
    image  ca 1975,     This is the "Residence of W. T. Glover, Esq., Freeman", illustrated in "The Garden of Canada (1902), page 33. Glover was the owner of the Burlington Box, Barrel and Basket Works, illustrated and described on page 34.In February 1975, Frances Day as secretary to the BHS House Survey Committee for ...
    image  ca 1975,   This is the "Residence of W. T. Glover, Esq., Freeman", illustrated in "The Garden of Canada (1902), page 33. Glover was the owner of the Burlington Box, Barrel and Basket ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 2138 Brant Street, Glover residence, ca 1975
    2138 Brant Street, Glover residence, ca 1975
    image  ca 1975,     This is the "Residence of W. T. Glover, Esq., Freeman", illustrated in "The Garden of Canada (1902), page 33. Glover was the owner of the Burlington Box, Barrel and Basket Works, illustrated and described on page 34.In February 1975, Frances Day as secretary to the BHS House Survey Committee for ...
    image  ca 1975,   This is the "Residence of W. T. Glover, Esq., Freeman", illustrated in "The Garden of Canada (1902), page 33. Glover was the owner of the Burlington Box, Barrel and Basket ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Original St. John's Roman Catholic Church, 409 Pearl Street at Pine Street, ca 1974
    Original St. John's Roman Catholic Church, 409 Pearl Street at Pine Street, ca 1974
    image  ca 1974,     Built in 1843 / 1853 on land donated by the Ogg family. Previously, a visiting priest celebrated Mass monthly in Napoleon Ogg's house on Pine Street. In 1952 the modern St John's Church was built on Brant Street, and this building was sold in 1953 to the Ukrainian Catholic Church ...
    image  ca 1974,   Built in 1843 / 1853 on land donated by the Ogg family. Previously, a visiting priest celebrated Mass monthly in Napoleon Ogg's house on Pine Street. In 1952 the modern ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • St John's Church, 409 Pearl Street, just prior to demolition in 1975
    St John's Church, 409 Pearl Street, just prior to demolition in 1975
    image  Fall 1975,     Built in 1843 / 1853 on land donated by the Ogg family. Previously, a visiting priest celebrated Mass monthly in Napoleon Ogg's house on Pine Street. In 1952 the modern St John's Church was built on Brant Street, and this building served as St MAry's Ukrainian Catholic Church from 1953 ...
    image  Fall 1975,   Built in 1843 / 1853 on land donated by the Ogg family. Previously, a visiting priest celebrated Mass monthly in Napoleon Ogg's house on Pine Street. In 1952 the modern ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Original St. John's Roman Catholic Church, later St Mary's Ukrainian Catholic Church,  409 Pearl Street at Pine Street, ca 1974
    Original St. John's Roman Catholic Church, later St Mary's Ukrainian Catholic Church, 409 Pearl Street at Pine Street, ca 1974
    image  ca 1974,     Built in 1843 / 1853 on land donated by the Ogg family. Previously, a visiting priest celebrated Mass monthly in Napoleon Ogg's house on Pine Street. In 1952 the modern St John's Church was built on Brant Street, and this building served as St MAry's Ukrainian Catholic Church from 1953 ...
    image  ca 1974,   Built in 1843 / 1853 on land donated by the Ogg family. Previously, a visiting priest celebrated Mass monthly in Napoleon Ogg's house on Pine Street. In 1952 the modern ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • S. S. # 4 Nelson,  Fishers Corners School, ca 1950
    S. S. # 4 Nelson, Fishers Corners School, ca 1950
    imagecomment  ca 1950,     The original log school, built on property donated in 1835 by Peter Fisher from his farm on Guelph Line, was replaced in 1872 by a brick structure formally named Nelson Grove Academy. It burned down in March 1924 and was replaced in 1926 by this larger brick structure, which had ...
    imagecomment  ca 1950,   The original log school, built on property donated in 1835 by Peter Fisher from his farm on Guelph Line, was replaced in 1872 by a brick structure formally named Nelson ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Gravestone of Elizabeth Van Norman, 1974
    Gravestone of Elizabeth Van Norman, 1974
    image  1974,     "IN MEMORY / of / ELIZABETH / Wife of / EPHRAIM VAN NORMAN /dau. of / JACOBCATHARINE / MINER, / who died J [...] / 18[3]6 / [Ae ?4 Y's / [garland of leaves ] / "memory of the righteous / ...] BLESSED"The quotation may be based on Proverbs 10: ...
    image  1974,   "IN MEMORY / of / ELIZABETH / Wife of / EPHRAIM VAN NORMAN /dau. of / JACOBCATHARINE / MINER, / who died J [...] / 18[3]6 / [Ae ?4 Y's ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Bob and  Earl Klodt with an unidentified girl and little child in a melon field, with wheelbarrows full of melons, ca 1920
    Bob and Earl Klodt with an unidentified girl and little child in a melon field, with wheelbarrows full of melons, ca 1920
    image  1920s,     Descendents of ... Fonger .
    image  1920s,   Descendents of ... Fonger .
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Burlington (later Central) High School football team, 1925
    Burlington (later Central) High School football team, 1925
    image  1925,    
    image  1925,  
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Home Made Candies Store, now 401 Brant Street,  with proprietor Cam Johnston standing by the door, 1922
    Home Made Candies Store, now 401 Brant Street, with proprietor Cam Johnston standing by the door, 1922
    image  1922,    
    image  1922,  
    Burlington Historical Society
  • William Isaac Hannon standing in front of his store, Hannon Flour and Feed, at the southwest corner of Pine and John Streets, ca 1912
    William Isaac Hannon standing in front of his store, Hannon Flour and Feed, at the southwest corner of Pine and John Streets, ca 1912
    image  ca 1912,     This two-storey brick flourfeed store was built in 1912 for William Hannon, according to the Gazette of March 20, 1912. In 1916 Russell H. Wilson dealt in flour, feed and grain at Pine and John Streets; he had married Lillian Tuck in 1909.The 1919 Voters List shows E. C. Tuck ...
    image  ca 1912,   This two-storey brick flourfeed store was built in 1912 for William Hannon, according to the Gazette of March 20, 1912. In 1916 Russell H. Wilson dealt in flour, feed and ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Dakota Mill
    Dakota Mill
    image  1980,     The 4th page of this "Historic Burlington, Ontario" section is devoted to "Cougar Shoes Sports Flashbacks" written by Larry Robertson. The writer of the first three pages is not identified.
    image  1980,   The 4th page of this "Historic Burlington, Ontario" section is devoted to "Cougar Shoes Sports Flashbacks" written by Larry Robertson. The writer of the first three pages is not identified.
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Detail of stencil on door, Dakota Mill, Cedar Springs Road, 1974
    Detail of stencil on door, Dakota Mill, Cedar Springs Road, 1974
    image  1974,     Originally a flour mill, the Dakota GristLumber Mill was destroyed by fire November 17, 1979.The millers included Andrew GageSon, James Harvey, Daniel Smith, David Kirkwood, ThomasSpencer Bennett, Charles Williams, Samuel Ecker, Clark Eaton, William Pegg, and George PeggSon.George Pegg died in 1974. The mill was inherited by his son Clark ...
    image  1974,   Originally a flour mill, the Dakota GristLumber Mill was destroyed by fire November 17, 1979.The millers included Andrew GageSon, James Harvey, Daniel Smith, David Kirkwood, ThomasSpencer Bennett, Charles Williams, Samuel ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Door, Dakota Mill, Cedar Springs Road, 1974
    Door, Dakota Mill, Cedar Springs Road, 1974
    image  1974,     Originally a flour mill, the Dakota GristLumber Mill was destroyed by fire November 17, 1979.The millers included Andrew GageSon, James Harvey, Daniel Smith, David Kirkwood, ThomasSpencer Bennett, Charles Williams, Samuel Ecker, Clark Eaton, William Pegg, and George PeggSon.George Pegg died in 1974. The mill was inherited by his son Clark ...
    image  1974,   Originally a flour mill, the Dakota GristLumber Mill was destroyed by fire November 17, 1979.The millers included Andrew GageSon, James Harvey, Daniel Smith, David Kirkwood, ThomasSpencer Bennett, Charles Williams, Samuel ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 1436 Ontario Street, 1973
    1436 Ontario Street, 1973
    imagecomment  1973     Mrs Gilbert's caption: "[Image no.] 24. 1436 Ontario Street. This building displays the firewall style of structure with squared corners extending above the eaves.""It would seem tht the area around Ontario Street has most of the older homes that definitely should be retained as a record of early architectural history ...
    imagecomment  1973   Mrs Gilbert's caption: "[Image no.] 24. 1436 Ontario Street. This building displays the firewall style of structure with squared corners extending above the eaves.""It would seem tht the area around ...
    Burlington Historical Society
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
Features
Creative Commons
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...