Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 26 matching items.
Contributors Greenstone Public Library   Media Types Images  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Geraldton Gold Camp Historical Plaque
    Geraldton Gold Camp Historical Plaque
    image       Photo of the historic Gold Camp Plaque erected in Geraldton on the southwest corner of Main Street and Fourth Avenue South by the Archaeological and Historic Sites Board of Ontario.
    image     Photo of the historic Gold Camp Plaque erected in Geraldton on the southwest corner of Main Street and Fourth Avenue South by the Archaeological and Historic Sites Board of Ontario.
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Geraldton - Hardrock Mine
    Geraldton - Hardrock Mine
    image       View looking east down Mine Road to No.2 headframe and mill. Inscription reads 'Hard Rock Gold Mine Ltd'. At the extreme left of photo is the office and residence.
    image     View looking east down Mine Road to No.2 headframe and mill. Inscription reads 'Hard Rock Gold Mine Ltd'. At the extreme left of photo is the office and residence.
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Hardrock Mine - Porphyry Hill
    Hardrock Mine - Porphyry Hill
    image       View looking west up Mine Rd. at No.2 headframe and mill. Inscription reads 'Hard Rock Gold Mine'. In 1936, the company began sinking No.2 shaft on the porphyry outcrop, and erected a mill in 1937. Hard Rock Mine became the gold camp's 3rd producer in 1938.
    image     View looking west up Mine Rd. at No.2 headframe and mill. Inscription reads 'Hard Rock Gold Mine'. In 1936, the company began sinking No.2 shaft on the porphyry outcrop, and ...
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Geraldton - Gold Camp
    Geraldton - Gold Camp
    image       Photo showing an underground drilling operation of a gold mine.
    image     Photo showing an underground drilling operation of a gold mine.
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Bankfield Mine
    Bankfield Mine
    image       A winter view of Bankfield Mine looking west. Note the water line running to the water tower serving both Bankfield and Tombill Mines. The Bankfield Gold Mines began shaft-sinking in 1934, and three years later poured its first gold bricks.
    image     A winter view of Bankfield Mine looking west. Note the water line running to the water tower serving both Bankfield and Tombill Mines. The Bankfield Gold Mines began shaft-sinking in ...
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Man Holding a Gold Brick at the Mine
    Man Holding a Gold Brick at the Mine
    image      
    image    
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Magnet Mine
    Magnet Mine
    image       View looking southeast from the old Bankfield Highway at Magnet Mine. Today, Highway 11 is beyond the buildings shown here. Inscription reads 'Magnet Consolidated Gold Mine.' Magnet Consolidated Gold Mines Ltd.(1936), began sinking a shaft that year,and in 1938, became the gold camp's 5th producer.
    image     View looking southeast from the old Bankfield Highway at Magnet Mine. Today, Highway 11 is beyond the buildings shown here. Inscription reads 'Magnet Consolidated Gold Mine.' Magnet Consolidated Gold Mines ...
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Masonic Opening and Mines - Geraldton
    Masonic Opening and Mines - Geraldton
    image       Black and white photo of mining operation near Geraldton, Ontario.
    image     Black and white photo of mining operation near Geraldton, Ontario.
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Group of Prospectors, One Man Holding Gold Brick
    Group of Prospectors, One Man Holding Gold Brick
    imagemystery       Group of unidentified prospectors, one of them holding a gold brick.
    imagemystery     Group of unidentified prospectors, one of them holding a gold brick.
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Geraldton - Little Long Lac Mine
    Geraldton - Little Long Lac Mine
    image  ~1934,     View of Little Long Lac mining office. From left to right, T.H. Rea, George Rayner, Tony Oklend, Joseph Errington, J.H.C Waite, and two pilots, Boual and George. Rayner Construction had the contracts with Ontario Department of Northern Development to link local mines with roads. Tony Okeland was co-discoverer of Little ...
    image  ~1934,   View of Little Long Lac mining office. From left to right, T.H. Rea, George Rayner, Tony Oklend, Joseph Errington, J.H.C Waite, and two pilots, Boual and George. Rayner Construction had ...
    Greenstone Public Library
  • MacLeod Mine's First Brick (1938)
    MacLeod Mine's First Brick (1938)
    image  1938,     Inscription reads 'Pouring of first Gold Brick at MacLeod Cockshutt Gold Mine, May 20th, 1938'.
    image  1938,   Inscription reads 'Pouring of first Gold Brick at MacLeod Cockshutt Gold Mine, May 20th, 1938'.
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Bankfield Mine - First Gold Brick (1937)
    Bankfield Mine - First Gold Brick (1937)
    image  1937,     Inscription reads 'First Gold Brick - Bankfield Consolidated Mine June 12, 1937'. The first brick weighed in at 601.19 ounces. The Bankfield Mine was one of the most modern mills in the gold mining industry for the time. The whole mill was entirely powered by electricity.
    image  1937,   Inscription reads 'First Gold Brick - Bankfield Consolidated Mine June 12, 1937'. The first brick weighed in at 601.19 ounces. The Bankfield Mine was one of the most modern mills ...
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Hutchison Lake Mine Site (1936)
    Hutchison Lake Mine Site (1936)
    image  1936,     Hutchinson Lake Gold Mines Ltd., incorporated in 1935, dug a series of trenches and test pits, but not until 1936 did the company begin it's shaft-sinking operation. The photo shows the site after the Geraldton fire in July, 1936.
    image  1936,   Hutchinson Lake Gold Mines Ltd., incorporated in 1935, dug a series of trenches and test pits, but not until 1936 did the company begin it's shaft-sinking operation. The photo shows ...
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Tombill Mine (~1937)
    Tombill Mine (~1937)
    image  -1937,     View looking west at Tombill mine. Note the water line to a short water tower in the foreground of the photo. Tombill Gold Mines was incorporated in 1935 and shaft-sinking began the following year. By 1938, Tombill mine became a producer, the sixth in the Geraldton district.
    image  -1937,   View looking west at Tombill mine. Note the water line to a short water tower in the foreground of the photo. Tombill Gold Mines was incorporated in 1935 and shaft-sinking ...
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Bankfield, Tombill and Jellicoe Mines (~1934)
    Bankfield, Tombill and Jellicoe Mines (~1934)
    image  -1936,     Aerial View looking west towards Wildgoose Lake. The inscription reads 'Air view of Bankfield Consolidated Mine, Tombill Mine, and Jellicoe Mine'. Highway 11 and Bankfield Mine are in the foreground. Beyond,on an elevation, is Tombill Mine, and in the distance is Jellicoe Mine. Jellicoe Consolidated Gold Mines Limited was incorporated ...
    image  -1936,   Aerial View looking west towards Wildgoose Lake. The inscription reads 'Air view of Bankfield Consolidated Mine, Tombill Mine, and Jellicoe Mine'. Highway 11 and Bankfield Mine are in the foreground. ...
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Hardrock Mine - Discovery Point (1938)
    Hardrock Mine - Discovery Point (1938)
    image  -1938,     Aerial view looking north, along the shoreline of Kenogamisis Lake. Hard Rock Gold Mine was incorporated in 1934 and in 1935 the No.1 shaft was sunk on Discovery Point. Work ceased in 1937 in order to concentrate on the No.2 shaft on Porphyry Hill, farther west(not shown). Hardrock Townsite, seen ...
    image  -1938,   Aerial view looking north, along the shoreline of Kenogamisis Lake. Hard Rock Gold Mine was incorporated in 1934 and in 1935 the No.1 shaft was sunk on Discovery Point. Work ...
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Elmos Mine - Barton Bay (~1938)
    Elmos Mine - Barton Bay (~1938)
    image  ~1938,     Aerial view looking northeast. Inscription reads 'Elmos Mine'. The name of Elmos is a composite for Ellis and Mosher. In the centre is the headframe site on a tiny island, and to the left is a cluster of buildings. The two sites and the mainland are linked by a trestle. ...
    image  ~1938,   Aerial view looking northeast. Inscription reads 'Elmos Mine'. The name of Elmos is a composite for Ellis and Mosher. In the centre is the headframe site on a tiny island, ...
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Discovery Point - Geraldton Gold Camp (~1936)
    Discovery Point - Geraldton Gold Camp (~1936)
    image  ~1936,     Aerial view looking west from Kenogamisis Lake. In the foreground is the No.1 headframe of Hardrock Mine. To the extreme right is Hardrock Townsite. In the centre is No.2 headframe of the Hardrock Mine on Porphyry Hill. Beyond this cluster is MacLeod Cockshutt Mine, and to the extreme upper right ...
    image  ~1936,   Aerial view looking west from Kenogamisis Lake. In the foreground is the No.1 headframe of Hardrock Mine. To the extreme right is Hardrock Townsite. In the centre is No.2 headframe ...
    Greenstone Public Library
  • MacLeod-Cockshutt Mine (1937)
    MacLeod-Cockshutt Mine (1937)
    image  ~1937,     Aerial view looking northwest. Inscription reads 'MacLeod Cockshutt Gold Mine showing Hard Rock Gold mine in the foreground, December, 1937.' Upper portion shows the hills on which MacLeod Townsite is rising, and beyond it, the clearing for the Kenogamisis Golf Course. There is no sign of the future Highway 11 ...
    image  ~1937,   Aerial view looking northwest. Inscription reads 'MacLeod Cockshutt Gold Mine showing Hard Rock Gold mine in the foreground, December, 1937.' Upper portion shows the hills on which MacLeod Townsite is ...
    Greenstone Public Library
  • Little Long Lac Mine and Townsite (~1937)
    Little Long Lac Mine and Townsite (~1937)
    image  ~1936-1937,     Aerial view looking northeast across Barton Bay. Inscription reads 'Little Long Lac Gold mine'. In the foreground is the clearing for Errington Avenue. It would later be called Arena Road and in 1939, it would become part of Highway 11. At the extreme left is the townsite of Little Long ...
    image  ~1936-1937,   Aerial view looking northeast across Barton Bay. Inscription reads 'Little Long Lac Gold mine'. In the foreground is the clearing for Errington Avenue. It would later be called Arena Road ...
    Greenstone Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
Item Types
Years
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
Features