Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 143 matching items.
Media Types Images   Geographic Location Port Whitby  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Reverend Douglas B. Langford, c.1931
    Reverend Douglas B. Langford, c.1931
    image  1931     Reverend Douglas B. Langford was born in India on January 25, 1878. After his marriage he came to Toronto, Canada, as Vicar of Little Trinity Church. From 1924 to 1948 he was Rector of St. John's Anglican Church at Port Whitby. He died at Toronto on December 7, 1949, and ...
    image  1931   Reverend Douglas B. Langford was born in India on January 25, 1878. After his marriage he came to Toronto, Canada, as Vicar of Little Trinity Church. From 1924 to 1948 ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Reverend Douglas B. Langford, c.1931
    Reverend Douglas B. Langford, c.1931
    image  1931     Reverend Douglas B. Langford was born in India on January 25, 1878. After his marriage he came to Toronto, Canada, as Vicar of Little Trinity Church. From 1924 to 1948 he was Rector of St. John's Anglican Church at Port Whitby. He died at Toronto on December 7, 1949, and ...
    image  1931   Reverend Douglas B. Langford was born in India on January 25, 1878. After his marriage he came to Toronto, Canada, as Vicar of Little Trinity Church. From 1924 to 1948 ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Reverend Douglas B. Langford, October 3, 1939
    Reverend Douglas B. Langford, October 3, 1939
    image  3 October 1939     Reverend Douglas B. Langford was born in India on January 25, 1878. After his marriage he came to Toronto, Canada, as Vicar of Little Trinity Church. From 1924 to 1948 he was Rector of St. John's Anglican Church at Port Whitby. He died at Toronto on December 7, 1949, and ...
    image  3 October 1939   Reverend Douglas B. Langford was born in India on January 25, 1878. After his marriage he came to Toronto, Canada, as Vicar of Little Trinity Church. From 1924 to 1948 ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Brock Street School Room Two Students, 1929
    Brock Street School Room Two Students, 1929
    imagecomment  March 1929,     Brock Street Public School was built in 1916 on the east side of Brock Street south of Victoria Street. Also known as the Bay School, it served Port Whitby until it closed in 1969. The building was demolished in 1998.
    imagecomment  March 1929,   Brock Street Public School was built in 1916 on the east side of Brock Street south of Victoria Street. Also known as the Bay School, it served Port Whitby until ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Ontario Hospital Cottages, c.1930
    Ontario Hospital Cottages, c.1930
    image  c.1930     This photograph was taken from the top floor of the westernmost nurses' residence building, built in 1923.There were approximately twenty cottages built at the hospital between 1913 and 1916.
    image  c.1930   This photograph was taken from the top floor of the westernmost nurses' residence building, built in 1923.There were approximately twenty cottages built at the hospital between 1913 and 1916.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Oscar John Moore, November 29, 1948
    Oscar John Moore, November 29, 1948
    image  29 November 1949     Oscar John Moore (1906-1983) was born in Whitby on November 27, 1906. Mr. Moore spent several years as a resident of Regina, Saskatchewan where he was married to Eileen Truman on April 30, 1930. He returned to Whitby in 1934 to work at the Ontario Hospital, Whitby. He took leave ...
    image  29 November 1949   Oscar John Moore (1906-1983) was born in Whitby on November 27, 1906. Mr. Moore spent several years as a resident of Regina, Saskatchewan where he was married to Eileen Truman ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Richard Goldring's 80th Birthday, August 31, 1939
    Richard Goldring's 80th Birthday, August 31, 1939
    image  August 31, 1939     Richard Goldring was born at Mimico, Canada, West on August 31, 1859 and moved to Etobicoke Creek in 1862. Captain Goldring and his family moved to Port Whitby and in 1893 he purchased a house at 1750 (now 1751) Dufferin Street and lived there the rest of his life. He ...
    image  August 31, 1939   Richard Goldring was born at Mimico, Canada, West on August 31, 1859 and moved to Etobicoke Creek in 1862. Captain Goldring and his family moved to Port Whitby and in ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Richard Goldring's 80th Birthday, August 31, 1939
    Richard Goldring's 80th Birthday, August 31, 1939
    image  August 31, 1939     Richard Goldring was born at Mimico, Canada, West on August 31, 1859 and moved to Etobicoke Creek in 1862. Captain Goldring and his family moved to Port Whitby and in 1893 he purchased a house at 1750 (now 1751) Dufferin Street and lived there the rest of his life. He ...
    image  August 31, 1939   Richard Goldring was born at Mimico, Canada, West on August 31, 1859 and moved to Etobicoke Creek in 1862. Captain Goldring and his family moved to Port Whitby and in ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Advertisement for Grand Trunk Hotel
    Advertisement for Grand Trunk Hotel
    image  Unknown, "Advertisement for Grand Trunk Hotel," Whitby Gazette and Chronicle (1912), 1858     The Grand Trunk Hotel was located on the south side of the Grand Trunk Railway (Canadian National Railway), east of the Victoria Street Crossing. It was built about 1856 and was destroyed by fire on 3 August 1896. The proprietor in 1858 was Thomas Lloyd.
    image  Unknown, "Advertisement for Grand Trunk Hotel," Whitby Gazette and Chronicle (1912), 1858   The Grand Trunk Hotel was located on the south side of the Grand Trunk Railway (Canadian National Railway), east of the Victoria Street Crossing. It was built about 1856 and ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Port Whitby Post Office, 1905
    Port Whitby Post Office, 1905
    image  September 1905     Printed underneath the image: 'The Port Whitby Post Office'
    image  September 1905   Printed underneath the image: 'The Port Whitby Post Office'
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1621 Brock Street South, July 1975
    1621 Brock Street South, July 1975
    image  July 1975     Located at 1621 Brock Street South, this house was built in 1858 as a hotel by Thomas Bredin. From 1874 to 1973 it was owned by John Allingham Watson and his descendants. The basement is made of Kingston limestone, brought to Whitby in sailing vessels. This house has since been ...
    image  July 1975   Located at 1621 Brock Street South, this house was built in 1858 as a hotel by Thomas Bredin. From 1874 to 1973 it was owned by John Allingham Watson and ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1615 Brock Street South, July 1975
    1615 Brock Street South, July 1975
    image  July 1975     This brick house was built circa 1841 for Abner Nash (1785-1851) who owned a Brewery on Pringle Creek at Watson Street. The mill stones at the Port Whitby Fire Hall are from Nash's Brewery. The house was later owned by Castle Fox (1825-1909), a shoemaker. From 1894 to 1913 it ...
    image  July 1975   This brick house was built circa 1841 for Abner Nash (1785-1851) who owned a Brewery on Pringle Creek at Watson Street. The mill stones at the Port Whitby Fire Hall ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1615 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    1615 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    image  23 May 1969     This brick house was built circa 1841 for Abner Nash (1785-1851) who owned a Brewery on Pringle Creek at Watson Street. The mill stones at the Port Whitby Fire Hall are from Nash's Brewery. The house was later owned by Castle Fox (1825-1909), a shoemaker. From 1894 to 1913 it ...
    image  23 May 1969   This brick house was built circa 1841 for Abner Nash (1785-1851) who owned a Brewery on Pringle Creek at Watson Street. The mill stones at the Port Whitby Fire Hall ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1615 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    1615 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    image  23 May 1969     This brick house was built circa 1841 for Abner Nash (1785-1851) who owned a Brewery on Pringle Creek at Watson Street. The mill stones at the Port Whitby Fire Hall are from Nash's Brewery. The house was later owned by Castle Fox (1825-1909), a shoemaker. From 1894 to 1913 it ...
    image  23 May 1969   This brick house was built circa 1841 for Abner Nash (1785-1851) who owned a Brewery on Pringle Creek at Watson Street. The mill stones at the Port Whitby Fire Hall ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1615 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    1615 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    image  23 May 1969     This brick house was built circa 1841 for Abner Nash (1785-1851) who owned a Brewery on Pringle Creek at Watson Street. The mill stones at the Port Whitby Fire Hall are from Nash's Brewery. The house was later owned by Castle Fox (1825-1909), a shoemaker. From 1894 to 1913 it ...
    image  23 May 1969   This brick house was built circa 1841 for Abner Nash (1785-1851) who owned a Brewery on Pringle Creek at Watson Street. The mill stones at the Port Whitby Fire Hall ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1615 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    1615 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    image  23 May 1969     This brick house was built circa 1841 for Abner Nash (1785-1851) who owned a Brewery on Pringle Creek at Watson Street. The mill stones at the Port Whitby Fire Hall are from Nash's Brewery. The house was later owned by Castle Fox (1825-1909), a shoemaker. From 1894 to 1913 it ...
    image  23 May 1969   This brick house was built circa 1841 for Abner Nash (1785-1851) who owned a Brewery on Pringle Creek at Watson Street. The mill stones at the Port Whitby Fire Hall ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1615 Brock Street South, c.1965
    1615 Brock Street South, c.1965
    image  1965     This brick house was built circa 1841 for Abner Nash (1785-1851) who owned a Brewery on Pringle Creek at Watson Street. The mill stones at the Port Whitby Fire Hall are from Nash's Brewery. The house was later owned by Castle Fox (1825-1909), a shoemaker. From 1894 to 1913 it ...
    image  1965   This brick house was built circa 1841 for Abner Nash (1785-1851) who owned a Brewery on Pringle Creek at Watson Street. The mill stones at the Port Whitby Fire Hall ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1621 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    1621 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    image  23 May 1969     Located at 1621 Brock Street South, this house was built in 1858 as a hotel by Thomas Bredin. From 1874 to 1973 it was owned by John Allingham Watson and his descendants. The basement is made of Kingston limestone, brought to Whitby in sailing vessels.
    image  23 May 1969   Located at 1621 Brock Street South, this house was built in 1858 as a hotel by Thomas Bredin. From 1874 to 1973 it was owned by John Allingham Watson and ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1621 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    1621 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    image  23 May 1969     Located at 1621 Brock Street South, this house was built in 1858 as a hotel by Thomas Bredin. From 1874 to 1973 it was owned by John Allingham Watson and his descendants. The basement is made of Kingston limestone, brought to Whitby in sailing vessels.
    image  23 May 1969   Located at 1621 Brock Street South, this house was built in 1858 as a hotel by Thomas Bredin. From 1874 to 1973 it was owned by John Allingham Watson and ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1621 Brock Street South, c.2006
    1621 Brock Street South, c.2006
    image  2006     Located at 1621 Brock Street South, this house was built in 1858 as a hotel by Thomas Bredin. From 1874 to 1973 it was owned by John Allingham Watson and his descendants. The basement is made of Kingston limestone, brought to Whitby in sailing vessels. This house has since been ...
    image  2006   Located at 1621 Brock Street South, this house was built in 1858 as a hotel by Thomas Bredin. From 1874 to 1973 it was owned by John Allingham Watson and ...
    Whitby Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Features
Creative Commons