Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 143 matching items.
Media Types Images   Geographic Location Port Whitby  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Station Gallery, July 1975
    Station Gallery, July 1975
    image  July 1975,     The Whitby Junction Station was built at the foot of Byron Street on the Grand Trunk Railway in 1903 near the current GO Transit platform. The station closed in 1969 and in 1970 it was moved to the north-east corner of Victoria and Henry Streets for use as an art ...
    image  July 1975,   The Whitby Junction Station was built at the foot of Byron Street on the Grand Trunk Railway in 1903 near the current GO Transit platform. The station closed in 1969 ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Methodist Fresh Air Home, c. 1918
    Methodist Fresh Air Home, c. 1918
    image  1918,     Recto of postcard:Methodist Deaconess Fresh Air Home Heydnshore Park Whitby Ont.Verso of postcard:Left side: The weather is fine heream having a nice time HildaRight side: Mrs. G. F. Heathfield 58 Hounslow Heath Rd. Toronto
    image  1918,   Recto of postcard:Methodist Deaconess Fresh Air Home Heydnshore Park Whitby Ont.Verso of postcard:Left side: The weather is fine heream having a nice time HildaRight side: Mrs. G. F. Heathfield 58 ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Old Customs House, c. 1969
    Old Customs House, c. 1969
    image  23 May 1969,     The Old Customs House was located in Port Whitby on the south side of Victoria Street at the railway tracks.
    image  23 May 1969,   The Old Customs House was located in Port Whitby on the south side of Victoria Street at the railway tracks.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1600 Brock Street South, July 1975
    1600 Brock Street South, July 1975
    image  July 1975,     This house was built circa 1854 for James Cameron a retired farmer who settled on the site of the Ontario Hospital lands in 1831. His son, Donald Grant Cameron then owned the house, and in turn, Donald Cameron's daughter Clara (Mrs. Charles Bottomley) owned the home. Legend states that the ...
    image  July 1975,   This house was built circa 1854 for James Cameron a retired farmer who settled on the site of the Ontario Hospital lands in 1831. His son, Donald Grant Cameron then ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1733 Dufferin Street, July 1975
    1733 Dufferin Street, July 1975
    image  July 1975,     This house was built in 1857 by John Watson (1806-1879) who was partners with James Rowe and John Welsch in the grain dealership of James RoweCo. The second owner was David Galbraith (1849-1926) who purchased the Whitby Harbour in 1879 and served for many years as Harbourmaster. When the Theodore ...
    image  July 1975,   This house was built in 1857 by John Watson (1806-1879) who was partners with James Rowe and John Welsch in the grain dealership of James RoweCo. The second owner was ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 124 Front Street East, c. 1969
    124 Front Street East, c. 1969
    image  1969,     The house located in Port Whitby belonged to Melvin Matthew Perry.
    image  1969,   The house located in Port Whitby belonged to Melvin Matthew Perry.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Old Customs House, c. 1969
    Old Customs House, c. 1969
    image  23 May 1969,     The Old Customs House was located in Port Whitby on the south side of Victoria Street at the railway tracks.
    image  23 May 1969,   The Old Customs House was located in Port Whitby on the south side of Victoria Street at the railway tracks.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1718 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    1718 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    image  23 May 1969,     This house was demolished in 1976.
    image  23 May 1969,   This house was demolished in 1976.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1718 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    1718 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    image  23 May 1969,     This house was demolished in 1976.
    image  23 May 1969,   This house was demolished in 1976.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1805 Dufferin Street, May 23, 1969
    1805 Dufferin Street, May 23, 1969
    image  23 May 1969,     This house was demolished in 1974.
    image  23 May 1969,   This house was demolished in 1974.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 124 Front Street East, May 23, 1969
    124 Front Street East, May 23, 1969
    image  23 May 1969,     The house located in Port Whitby belonged to Melvin Matthew Perry.
    image  23 May 1969,   The house located in Port Whitby belonged to Melvin Matthew Perry.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1700 Charles Street, May 23, 1969
    1700 Charles Street, May 23, 1969
    imagecomment  23 May 1969,     This house stood at the west end of Watson Street and was the residence of Blake McCoy. It was demolished in 1978.
    imagecomment  23 May 1969,   This house stood at the west end of Watson Street and was the residence of Blake McCoy. It was demolished in 1978.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1510 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    1510 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    image  23 May 1969,     The house at 1510 Brock Street South was located next to the Goldring Store in Port Whitby.
    image  23 May 1969,   The house at 1510 Brock Street South was located next to the Goldring Store in Port Whitby.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 15181520 Brock Street South, March 1962
    15181520 Brock Street South, March 1962
    image  March 1962,     This large frame house was built possibly as early as the 1840s on the west side of Brock Street, south of Victoria Street in Port Whitby (at 1518 Brock Street South).
    image  March 1962,   This large frame house was built possibly as early as the 1840s on the west side of Brock Street, south of Victoria Street in Port Whitby (at 1518 Brock Street ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 15181520 Brock Street South, c. 1969
    15181520 Brock Street South, c. 1969
    image  1969,     This large frame house was built possibly as early as the 1840s on the west side of Brock Street, south of Victoria Street in Port Whitby (at 1518 Brock Street South).
    image  1969,   This large frame house was built possibly as early as the 1840s on the west side of Brock Street, south of Victoria Street in Port Whitby (at 1518 Brock Street ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Unidentified House Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    Unidentified House Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    imagemystery  23 May 1969,     The unidentified house was located at the end of Brock Street South on the west side. The house was demolished is 1974.
    imagemystery  23 May 1969,   The unidentified house was located at the end of Brock Street South on the west side. The house was demolished is 1974.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Unidentified House Byron Street South, May 23, 1969
    Unidentified House Byron Street South, May 23, 1969
    imagemystery  23 May 1969,     This identified house was located on the east side of Byron Street South. It was demolished in 1970.
    imagemystery  23 May 1969,   This identified house was located on the east side of Byron Street South. It was demolished in 1970.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1616 Dufferin Street, May 23, 1969
    1616 Dufferin Street, May 23, 1969
    image  23 May 1969,     This house was located on the west side of Dufferin Street between Victoria and Watson Streets (at 1616 Dufferin Street). It was opposite the Seymour Whitney Residence.
    image  23 May 1969,   This house was located on the west side of Dufferin Street between Victoria and Watson Streets (at 1616 Dufferin Street). It was opposite the Seymour Whitney Residence.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Goldring Store, May 1967
    Goldring Store, May 1967
    image  May 1967,     This frame store, on the south-west corner of Brock and Victoria Streets, was operated in the early 1900s by the Jackson family. In 1911, the store was purchased by Captain Richard Goldring. The Goldring family owned the store until it was demolished in December 1967.Richard Goldring's daughter, Olive, was a ...
    image  May 1967,   This frame store, on the south-west corner of Brock and Victoria Streets, was operated in the early 1900s by the Jackson family. In 1911, the store was purchased by Captain ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Goldring Store, May 1967
    Goldring Store, May 1967
    image  May 1967,     This frame store, on the south-west corner of Brock and Victoria Streets, was operated in the early 1900s by the Jackson family. In 1911, the store was purchased by Captain Richard Goldring. The Goldring family owned the store until it was demolished in 1967.Richard Goldring's daughter, Olive, was a postmistress ...
    image  May 1967,   This frame store, on the south-west corner of Brock and Victoria Streets, was operated in the early 1900s by the Jackson family. In 1911, the store was purchased by Captain ...
    Whitby Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Features
Creative Commons