Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 143 matching items.
Media Types Images   Geographic Location Port Whitby  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Nurses at Ontario Hospital, c. 1949
    Nurses at Ontario Hospital, c. 1949
    imagemystery  The Daily Times-Gazette, Nurses at Ontario Hospital, c. 1949, "Nurses at Ontario Hospital, c. 1949," Daily Times-Gazette (Whitby, ON), 1949     A photograph of nurses at the Ontario Hospital.
    imagemystery  The Daily Times-Gazette, Nurses at Ontario Hospital, c. 1949, "Nurses at Ontario Hospital, c. 1949," Daily Times-Gazette (Whitby, ON), 1949   A photograph of nurses at the Ontario Hospital.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Nurses in Training, February 1960
    Nurses in Training, February 1960
    image  February 1960,     Back Row: Lillian Sobczak, Joan Smith, Elizabeth Rowlands, Judy Haight, Patricia DingleFront Row: Gloria MacIvor, Shirley Goodale, Lynne Sanders, Marjorie McKenzie, Joyce Harris
    image  February 1960,   Back Row: Lillian Sobczak, Joan Smith, Elizabeth Rowlands, Judy Haight, Patricia DingleFront Row: Gloria MacIvor, Shirley Goodale, Lynne Sanders, Marjorie McKenzie, Joyce Harris
    Whitby Public Library
  • Demolition of Heydenshore Park Cottages, July 1965
    Demolition of Heydenshore Park Cottages, July 1965
    image  The Oshawa Times, Demolition of Heydenshore Park Cottages, July 1965, "Demolition of Heydenshore Park Cottages, July 1965," Oshawa Times, July 1965     Heydenshore Park was established as a private resort of cottages in 1900 by the Whitby Street Railway and Park Company. The last owner of the park was Clive Hatch, son of the founder Fred Hatch, who died in 1963. In 1965 the Whitby Public Utilities Commission purchased the park from ...
    image  The Oshawa Times, Demolition of Heydenshore Park Cottages, July 1965, "Demolition of Heydenshore Park Cottages, July 1965," Oshawa Times, July 1965   Heydenshore Park was established as a private resort of cottages in 1900 by the Whitby Street Railway and Park Company. The last owner of the park was Clive Hatch, son ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 900 Gordon Street, April 1976
    900 Gordon Street, April 1976
    image  April 1976,     The Administration Building was built in 1925 and several additions were made to it in 1958. The building was demolished in 1994 to make room for the new hospital which was built from 1993 to 1996 and is now called Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences.
    image  April 1976,   The Administration Building was built in 1925 and several additions were made to it in 1958. The building was demolished in 1994 to make room for the new hospital which ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 300 Gordon Street, April 1976
    300 Gordon Street, April 1976
    image  April 1976,     The Dr. Joseph O. Ruddy Hospital was built from 1967 to 1969 and was officially opened by Ontario Premier John P. Robarts on May 14, 1970. It served as a general hospital until 1993 when it became part of the Lakeridge Health System, offering specialized treatments and a continuing care ...
    image  April 1976,   The Dr. Joseph O. Ruddy Hospital was built from 1967 to 1969 and was officially opened by Ontario Premier John P. Robarts on May 14, 1970. It served as a ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 500 Victoria Street West, April 1976
    500 Victoria Street West, April 1976
    image  April 1976,     Iroquois Park Sports Centre was first proposed in July 1971 as a massive sports complex, to be financed by a nation-wide lottery. A smaller version was built in 1973/74 after the lottery failed to get Provincial approval, and Whitby's Community Arena was condemned in 1972 when it did not meet ...
    image  April 1976,   Iroquois Park Sports Centre was first proposed in July 1971 as a massive sports complex, to be financed by a nation-wide lottery. A smaller version was built in 1973/74 after ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • St. John's Anglican Church, October 11, 1965
    St. John's Anglican Church, October 11, 1965
    image  11 October 1965,     St. John's Anglican Church was built of Kingston limestone in 1846. It is located at 150 Victoria St. East, Whitby, Ontario (on the north side of Victoria Street, east of Brock Street).
    image  11 October 1965,   St. John's Anglican Church was built of Kingston limestone in 1846. It is located at 150 Victoria St. East, Whitby, Ontario (on the north side of Victoria Street, east of ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • St. John's Anglican Church, October 11, 1965
    St. John's Anglican Church, October 11, 1965
    image  11 October 1965,     St. John's Anglican Church was built of Kingston limestone in 1846. It is located at 150 Victoria St. East, Whitby,Ontario (on the north side of Victoria Street, east of Brock Street).
    image  11 October 1965,   St. John's Anglican Church was built of Kingston limestone in 1846. It is located at 150 Victoria St. East, Whitby,Ontario (on the north side of Victoria Street, east of Brock ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Dufferin Street School, May 23, 1969
    Dufferin Street School, May 23, 1969
    image  23 May 1969,     Dufferin Street School was built in 1851 on the west side of Dufferin Street south of Victoria Street. It served as the school for Port Whitby from 1852-1915 when it was replaced by Brock Street School. Dufferin Street School has been a private residence since 1916.
    image  23 May 1969,   Dufferin Street School was built in 1851 on the west side of Dufferin Street south of Victoria Street. It served as the school for Port Whitby from 1852-1915 when it ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Dufferin Street School, May 23, 1969
    Dufferin Street School, May 23, 1969
    image  23 May 1969,     Dufferin Street School was built in 1851 on the west side of Dufferin Street south of Victoria Street. It served as the school for Port Whitby from 1852-1915 when it was replaced by Brock Street School. Dufferin Street School has been a private residence since 1916.
    image  23 May 1969,   Dufferin Street School was built in 1851 on the west side of Dufferin Street south of Victoria Street. It served as the school for Port Whitby from 1852-1915 when it ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Dufferin Street School, May 1967
    Dufferin Street School, May 1967
    image  May 1967,     Dufferin Street School was built in 1851 on the west side of Dufferin Street south of Victoria Street. It served as the school for Port Whitby from 1852-1915 when it was replaced by Brock Street School. Dufferin Street School has been a private residence since 1916.
    image  May 1967,   Dufferin Street School was built in 1851 on the west side of Dufferin Street south of Victoria Street. It served as the school for Port Whitby from 1852-1915 when it ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Dufferin Street School, February 1963
    Dufferin Street School, February 1963
    image  February 1963,     Dufferin Street School was built in 1851 on the west side of Dufferin Street south of Victoria Street. It served as the school for Port Whitby from 1852-1915 when it was replaced by Brock Street School. Dufferin Street School has been a private residence since 1916.
    image  February 1963,   Dufferin Street School was built in 1851 on the west side of Dufferin Street south of Victoria Street. It served as the school for Port Whitby from 1852-1915 when it ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Dufferin Street School, February 1963
    Dufferin Street School, February 1963
    image  February 1963,     Dufferin Street School was built in 1851 on the west side of Dufferin Street south of Victoria Street. It served as the school for Port Whitby from 1852-1915 when it was replaced by Brock Street School. Dufferin Street School has been a private residence since 1916.
    image  February 1963,   Dufferin Street School was built in 1851 on the west side of Dufferin Street south of Victoria Street. It served as the school for Port Whitby from 1852-1915 when it ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1600 Brock Street South, c.2006
    1600 Brock Street South, c.2006
    image  2006,     This house was built circa 1854 for James Cameron a retired farmer who settled on the site of the Ontario Hospital lands in 1831. His son, Donald Grant Cameron then owned the house, and in turn, Donald Cameron's daughter Clara (Mrs. Charles Bottomley) owned the home. Legend states that the ...
    image  2006,   This house was built circa 1854 for James Cameron a retired farmer who settled on the site of the Ontario Hospital lands in 1831. His son, Donald Grant Cameron then ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1600 Brock Street South, c.2006
    1600 Brock Street South, c.2006
    image  2006,     This house was built circa 1854 for James Cameron a retired farmer who settled on the site of the Ontario Hospital lands in 1831. His son, Donald Grant Cameron then owned the house, and in turn, Donald Cameron's daughter Clara (Mrs. Charles Bottomley) owned the home. Legend states that the ...
    image  2006,   This house was built circa 1854 for James Cameron a retired farmer who settled on the site of the Ontario Hospital lands in 1831. His son, Donald Grant Cameron then ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • St. John's Church Rectory, c.1931
    St. John's Church Rectory, c.1931
    image  1931,     Reverend Douglas B. Langford was born in India on January 25, 1878. After his marriage he came to Toronto, Canada, as Vicar of Little Trinity Church. From 1924 to 1948 he was Rector of St. John's Anglican Church at Port Whitby. He died at Toronto on December 7, 1949, and ...
    image  1931,   Reverend Douglas B. Langford was born in India on January 25, 1878. After his marriage he came to Toronto, Canada, as Vicar of Little Trinity Church. From 1924 to 1948 ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Charles Street Looking South, 1977
    Charles Street Looking South, 1977
    image  1977,     This view was taken from the corner of Watson Street and Charles Street looking south on Charles Street.
    image  1977,   This view was taken from the corner of Watson Street and Charles Street looking south on Charles Street.
    Whitby Public Library
  • St. John's Anglican Church, 1977
    St. John's Anglican Church, 1977
    image  1977,     St. John's Anglican Church was built of Kingston limestone in 1846. It is located at 150 Victoria St. East, Whitby, Ontario (on the north side of Victoria Street, east of Brock Street).
    image  1977,   St. John's Anglican Church was built of Kingston limestone in 1846. It is located at 150 Victoria St. East, Whitby, Ontario (on the north side of Victoria Street, east of ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1710 Charles Street, 1959
    1710 Charles Street, 1959
    imagecomment  1959,     This is a front view of one of the old houses of Port Whitby. It was demolished in 1971.
    imagecomment  1959,   This is a front view of one of the old houses of Port Whitby. It was demolished in 1971.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1710 Charles Street, 1959
    1710 Charles Street, 1959
    imagecomment  1959,     This is a south side view of one of the old houses in Port Whitby. It was demolished in 1971.
    imagecomment  1959,   This is a south side view of one of the old houses in Port Whitby. It was demolished in 1971.
    Whitby Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Features
Creative Commons