Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 135 matching items.
Media Types Images   Geographic Location Nelson  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Tremaine's Map of the County of Halton - Township of Nelson II
    Tremaine's Map of the County of Halton - Township of Nelson II
    imagemystery  1858,     H.P. Zimmerman's CristFlouring Mills - _____________Residence of K.H. Munn Esquire, Munns CornersBronte Steam Mills - 5 ____ of Stones, Williams CammerCo. Proprietors
    imagemystery  1858,   H.P. Zimmerman's CristFlouring Mills - _____________Residence of K.H. Munn Esquire, Munns CornersBronte Steam Mills - 5 ____ of Stones, Williams CammerCo. Proprietors
    Oakville Public Library
  • Tremaine's Map of the County of Halton 1858 - Nelson
    Tremaine's Map of the County of Halton 1858 - Nelson
    image  1858,     This map lays out the land division and ownership of the Nelson region as of 1858. It is one of eight maps of the Halton townships. It also includes depictions of important local buildings including the Bronte Steam Mills, Wellington Square Steam Mills, and the Residence of John Triller Esq. ...
    image  1858,   This map lays out the land division and ownership of the Nelson region as of 1858. It is one of eight maps of the Halton townships. It also includes depictions ...
    Oakville Public Library
  • S. S. # 4 Nelson,  Fishers Corners School, ca 1950
    S. S. # 4 Nelson, Fishers Corners School, ca 1950
    imagecomment  ca 1950,     The original log school, built on property donated in 1835 by Peter Fisher from his farm on Guelph Line, was replaced in 1872 by a brick structure formally named Nelson Grove Academy. It burned down in March 1924 and was replaced in 1926 by this larger brick structure, which had ...
    imagecomment  ca 1950,   The original log school, built on property donated in 1835 by Peter Fisher from his farm on Guelph Line, was replaced in 1872 by a brick structure formally named Nelson ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Thomas and Charlotte Alton Homestead, 3215 Settlement Court, formerly 4083 and 4059 Dundas Street (Con 1 NDS Pt Lt 10),  2009
    Thomas and Charlotte Alton Homestead, 3215 Settlement Court, formerly 4083 and 4059 Dundas Street (Con 1 NDS Pt Lt 10), 2009
    image  July 2009     A digital image.The Thomas Alton Homestead was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act in 2007, amended in 2008. The property owners were awarded a Restoration Heritage Award in 2009.The house is featured in Mary Byers and Margaret McBurney's book, The Governor's Road (University of Toronto Press, 1982, pages 76-77.
    image  July 2009   A digital image.The Thomas Alton Homestead was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act in 2007, amended in 2008. The property owners were awarded a Restoration Heritage Award in 2009.The house ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Fireplace in  4134 Dundas Street, built in 1816 for Colonel William "White Oaks" Chisholm, 1974
    Fireplace in 4134 Dundas Street, built in 1816 for Colonel William "White Oaks" Chisholm, 1974
    image  October 1974     The oldest house in Burlington was demolished in 2004. The materials were acquired and moved out of Burlington, for possible reconstruction.
    image  October 1974   The oldest house in Burlington was demolished in 2004. The materials were acquired and moved out of Burlington, for possible reconstruction.
    Burlington Historical Society
  • The home of Martin Heslop, Dundas Street, ca 1973
    The home of Martin Heslop, Dundas Street, ca 1973
    image      
    image    
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Primary class of the Methodist Church, left half of image
    Primary class of the Methodist Church, left half of image
    image      
    image    
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Primary class of the Methodist Church, right half of image
    Primary class of the Methodist Church, right half of image
    image      
    image    
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Paul Fisher leaving for Italy with the Red Cross, 1916
    Paul Fisher leaving for Italy with the Red Cross, 1916
    image  1916    
    image  1916  
    Burlington Historical Society
  • S. S. # 4 Nelson, Fishers Corners School, Grades 5 to 8 class, 1944
    S. S. # 4 Nelson, Fishers Corners School, Grades 5 to 8 class, 1944
    image  1944     The teacher, Florence Meares, stands at the left of the back row. The school children have not been identified.
    image  1944   The teacher, Florence Meares, stands at the left of the back row. The school children have not been identified.
    Burlington Historical Society
  • S. S. # 4 Nelson, Fishers Corners school, ca 1880
    S. S. # 4 Nelson, Fishers Corners school, ca 1880
    image  ca 1880     In ink on the reverse: "Fishers Corner School - pre 1900 / Clarence Wood - third from left back row. "
    image  ca 1880   In ink on the reverse: "Fishers Corner School - pre 1900 / Clarence Wood - third from left back row. "
    Burlington Historical Society
  • S. S. # 4 Nelson, Fishers Corners school, ca 1930
    S. S. # 4 Nelson, Fishers Corners school, ca 1930
    image  ca 1930     The children's names are not known; the teacher is Phyllis Segsworth, later Mrs Wood.
    image  ca 1930   The children's names are not known; the teacher is Phyllis Segsworth, later Mrs Wood.
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Ruby glass window, originally fixed above the front door of the John Cline House on the north west corner of Middle Road (now the QEW) and Walkers Line, 2010
    Ruby glass window, originally fixed above the front door of the John Cline House on the north west corner of Middle Road (now the QEW) and Walkers Line, 2010
    image  1 Jan 2010    
    image  1 Jan 2010  
    Burlington Historical Society
  • S. S. # 4 Nelson, Fishers Corners School, ca 1900
    S. S. # 4 Nelson, Fishers Corners School, ca 1900
    image  ca 1900    
    image  ca 1900  
    Burlington Historical Society
  • S. S. # 4 Nelson, Fishers Corners school, ca 1938
    S. S. # 4 Nelson, Fishers Corners school, ca 1938
    imagecomment  ca 1938,     The teacher was Miss M. Lambshead.The boy in the back row, third from the left, has been identified (by his son Jonathan) as Albert Gordon Barber, born in 1929. Louie (Young) Armour is fifth from the left. In the same row, from the left: Ruth Funston, unidentified, Mary Rusk, and ...
    imagecomment  ca 1938,   The teacher was Miss M. Lambshead.The boy in the back row, third from the left, has been identified (by his son Jonathan) as Albert Gordon Barber, born in 1929. Louie ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Kathy Powell, St. George's Anglican Church, Lowville
    Kathy Powell, St. George's Anglican Church, Lowville
    image  1996,     Seniors' Pastoral Care Resource Person at St. George's Anglican Church, Lowville. Author of the book "Comfort and caring through Christ; Lay pastoral care visiting - by and for laity". Photograph from "The Canadian Champion"
    image  1996,   Seniors' Pastoral Care Resource Person at St. George's Anglican Church, Lowville. Author of the book "Comfort and caring through Christ; Lay pastoral care visiting - by and for laity". Photograph ...
    Milton Historical Society
  • 5519 Derry, Milton, Ontario
    5519 Derry, Milton, Ontario
    image  2000,     For further information, see "Historic Homes and Buildings of Milton, Volume II"
    image  2000,   For further information, see "Historic Homes and Buildings of Milton, Volume II"
    Milton Historical Society
  • Past Presidents, Mount Union Women's Institute
    Past Presidents, Mount Union Women's Institute
    imagecomment  1974,     This Institute was named after the Mountain Union Sunday School which was located on the Bell School Line. Their first meeting was held on the farm on which the Sunday School was located, originally a Bell farm. SCAN ONLY
    imagecomment  1974,   This Institute was named after the Mountain Union Sunday School which was located on the Bell School Line. Their first meeting was held on the farm on which the Sunday ...
    Milton Historical Society
  • School House #SS13, Nelson Township, Halton, Ontario
    School House #SS13, Nelson Township, Halton, Ontario
    image  c.1890s,     The school was erected in 1878. It is situated at the corner of the Bell School Line and Derry Road in Milton
    image  c.1890s,   The school was erected in 1878. It is situated at the corner of the Bell School Line and Derry Road in Milton
    Milton Historical Society
  • Grave marker at De Forest Cemetery
    Grave marker at De Forest Cemetery
    image  c.2007,     Scan only
    image  c.2007,   Scan only
    Milton Historical Society
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
18001800180118021803180418051806180718081809
18101810181118121813181418151816181718181819
18201820182118221823182418251826182718281829
18301830183118321833183418351836183718381839
18401840184118421843184418451846184718481849
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Creative Commons