Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 27 matching items.
Media Types Images   Geographic Location Glenorchy  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Farmhouse, Fourth Line
    Farmhouse, Fourth Line
    image       There is one other photograph of this house in the Trafalgar Township Historical Society collection, taken in 2010 or 2011 - search by the address "4022 Fourth Line" to find it.
    image     There is one other photograph of this house in the Trafalgar Township Historical Society collection, taken in 2010 or 2011 - search by the address "4022 Fourth Line" to find ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Arthur Beattie & Mary Beattie Nee Ludlow
    Arthur Beattie & Mary Beattie Nee Ludlow
    image       George Ludlow, b.1805 England, married Frances Cruise b. 1815, Ireland, in 1835 in Trafalgar Township. The family home was at the west of Burnhamthorpe Road, where it meets the Sixteen creek, now the address is 1495 Burnhamthorpe Road West. Children: Jennie b. 1838 married Samuel DEARING Martha b. 1843 married ...
    image     George Ludlow, b.1805 England, married Frances Cruise b. 1815, Ireland, in 1835 in Trafalgar Township. The family home was at the west of Burnhamthorpe Road, where it meets the Sixteen ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Slacer Family
    Slacer Family
    image       The family home was at the west of Burnhamthorpe Road, where it meets the Sixteen creek, now the address is 1495 Burnhamthorpe Road West.
    image     The family home was at the west of Burnhamthorpe Road, where it meets the Sixteen creek, now the address is 1495 Burnhamthorpe Road West.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • The Ludlow Cabin, 1495 Burnhamthorpe Road West
    The Ludlow Cabin, 1495 Burnhamthorpe Road West
    image       George LUDLOW b. 1805 England married Frances CRUISE b. 1815 Ireland. They married in 1835 in Trafalgar Twp. Children: Jennie b. 1838 married Samuel DEARING Martha b. 1843 married John SLACER Mary b. 1848 married Arthur BEATTY Barbara b. 1851 married George LONG Elizabeth b. 1854 married Thomas FREEMAN Lilly ...
    image     George LUDLOW b. 1805 England married Frances CRUISE b. 1815 Ireland. They married in 1835 in Trafalgar Twp. Children: Jennie b. 1838 married Samuel DEARING Martha b. 1843 married John ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Exterior and Interior of the Ludlow/Slacer Log Cabin, 1495 Burnhamthorpe Road West
    Exterior and Interior of the Ludlow/Slacer Log Cabin, 1495 Burnhamthorpe Road West
    image       A link to other photographs of this log cabin, including one with family descendent George Long is provided for your further information.
    image     A link to other photographs of this log cabin, including one with family descendent George Long is provided for your further information.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy Village Sign, 1991
    Glenorchy Village Sign, 1991
    imagetextcomment  1991     Welcome to Glenorchy. Population 18. Est. 1837
    imagetextcomment  1991   Welcome to Glenorchy. Population 18. Est. 1837
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy School
    Glenorchy School
    image       Painting of Glenorchy Schoolhouse and bridge at Fourth line just below Lower Baseline. The painting represents the site in 1870. The plaque on the photo says the picture was presented by The Devlin Family in 1966
    image     Painting of Glenorchy Schoolhouse and bridge at Fourth line just below Lower Baseline. The painting represents the site in 1870. The plaque on the photo says the picture was presented ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14
    Glenorchy School, S.S. #14
    imagecomment       Ruth (McCann) Brownridge taught the school in the 1930's.
    imagecomment     Ruth (McCann) Brownridge taught the school in the 1930's.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Henderson Park, October 1979
    Henderson Park, October 1979
    imagetext       Photographs in the collection are courtesy of Janet Lees and Ross Wark, camp leaders 1957-1959. This is one of a series of photographs and memories of working as a leader at one of the Oakville Recreation Commission summer day camps in the late 1950's. To see all the records, click ...
    imagetext     Photographs in the collection are courtesy of Janet Lees and Ross Wark, camp leaders 1957-1959. This is one of a series of photographs and memories of working as a leader ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Frances Ludlow (nee Cruise)
    Frances Ludlow (nee Cruise)
    image       Linked are photographs of the log cabin.
    image     Linked are photographs of the log cabin.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 4022 Fourth Line, Oakville, Ontario in May 2015
    4022 Fourth Line, Oakville, Ontario in May 2015
    image  May 2015     Google Maps has the address as 4030 Fourth Line. To see the Google Maps photograph, enter "43.4787804,-79.764091" into the Google search query box and click on "maps" rather than "search" or pressing "return" on your keyboard.
    image  May 2015   Google Maps has the address as 4030 Fourth Line. To see the Google Maps photograph, enter "43.4787804,-79.764091" into the Google search query box and click on "maps" rather than "search" ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Oakville Recreation Commission Day Camp, Pine Ridge Camp Site, July 1956
    Oakville Recreation Commission Day Camp, Pine Ridge Camp Site, July 1956
    image       Counseler Janet Lees with day campers at the Pine Ridge Camp location of the Oakbille Recreation Commission Day Camps in July 1956. This Rotary Park site was closed in the 1980's. The old bridge crossing the Sixteen Mile Creek at Henderson Park was demolished and a new one built in ...
    image     Counseler Janet Lees with day campers at the Pine Ridge Camp location of the Oakbille Recreation Commission Day Camps in July 1956. This Rotary Park site was closed in the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Oakville Recreation Commission Day Camp, Pine Ridge Camp Site, July 1956
    Oakville Recreation Commission Day Camp, Pine Ridge Camp Site, July 1956
    image       Counseler Janet Lees with day campers at the Pine Ridge Camp location of the Oakbille Recreation Commission Day Camps in July 1956. This Rotary Park site was closed in the 1980's. The old bridge crossing the Sixteen Mile Creek at Henderson Park was demolished and a new one built in ...
    image     Counseler Janet Lees with day campers at the Pine Ridge Camp location of the Oakbille Recreation Commission Day Camps in July 1956. This Rotary Park site was closed in the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Oakville Recreation Commission Day Camp, Pine Ridge Camp Site, July 1956
    Oakville Recreation Commission Day Camp, Pine Ridge Camp Site, July 1956
    imagetext       Counseler Janet Lees with day campers at the Pine Ridge Camp location of the Oakbille Recreation Commission Day Camps in July 1956. This Rotary Park site was closed in the 1980's. The old bridge crossing the Sixteen Mile Creek at Henderson Park was demolished and a new one built in ...
    imagetext     Counseler Janet Lees with day campers at the Pine Ridge Camp location of the Oakbille Recreation Commission Day Camps in July 1956. This Rotary Park site was closed in the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Potato Truck Accident at the Glenorchy Bridge, 1964
    Potato Truck Accident at the Glenorchy Bridge, 1964
    image       To view the 2nd image, click on "Pages" "Select".
    image     To view the 2nd image, click on "Pages" "Select".
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Likely 4116 Fourth Line, 1991
    Likely 4116 Fourth Line, 1991
    image       This photograph is in the Trafalgar Township Historical Society digital collection courtesy of the Heritage Planner, District East/Central, Town of Oakville.
    image     This photograph is in the Trafalgar Township Historical Society digital collection courtesy of the Heritage Planner, District East/Central, Town of Oakville.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy Bridge Construction, mid1980's
    Glenorchy Bridge Construction, mid1980's
    image       Construction of the level bridge crossing of the Sixteen Mile Creek at Glenorchy sometime in the 1980's. This was the second bridge to be built here. It was built on the same abutments as the first, but in 2001, the crossing became a bicycle/pedestrian crossing only as the area is ...
    image     Construction of the level bridge crossing of the Sixteen Mile Creek at Glenorchy sometime in the 1980's. This was the second bridge to be built here. It was built on ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Eli Askin Funeral Card
    Eli Askin Funeral Card
    image       Died at Glenorky, on Sunday, November 29th, 1914 Eli Askin aged 87 years. The Funeral Service will be held at his late residence, 4th line, Glenorky, on Wednesday afternoon, december 2nd, at 1 o'clock. Interment in St. Jude's Cemetery, Oakville. Friends and acquaintances will please accept this intimation.
    image     Died at Glenorky, on Sunday, November 29th, 1914 Eli Askin aged 87 years. The Funeral Service will be held at his late residence, 4th line, Glenorky, on Wednesday afternoon, december ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Gary Askin at Glenorchy Bridge
    Gary Askin at Glenorchy Bridge
    image       The Askin family were early settlers in the area of Glenorchy, Agerton and Lisgar in Trafalgar Township. The children attended S.S. #14, Glenorchy School and the family lived on Lot 21, Con.2 NDS, or at Fourth Line near Lower Base Line, near the east branch of the Sixteen Mile Creek. ...
    image     The Askin family were early settlers in the area of Glenorchy, Agerton and Lisgar in Trafalgar Township. The children attended S.S. #14, Glenorchy School and the family lived on Lot ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 showing the shed over the well
    Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 showing the shed over the well
    image       The Glenorchy (aka Glenorky) schoolhouse was located on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on Fourth Line just below Lower Baseline Road. It was also known as "Pleasant Valley School". The building shown here is the shed protecting the well, the school building can faintly be seen behind it ...
    image     The Glenorchy (aka Glenorky) schoolhouse was located on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on Fourth Line just below Lower Baseline Road. It was also known as "Pleasant Valley ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
Groups
Item Types
Years
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Creative Commons