Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 5 matching items.
Media Types Images   Geographic Location Clarkson's Corners  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Alex Durie Store and the Edith Clarkson Store, Clarkson
    Alex Durie Store and the Edith Clarkson Store, Clarkson
    image       A view of Alex Durie's store (right) and the Edith Clarkson Store (left) in Clarkson. Warren Clarkson, Edith's grandfather, built the first grocery store in 1835 on what was to become Clarkson Road. Sometime in the 1860s his sons, William and Henry, took over the store and William opened the ...
    image     A view of Alex Durie's store (right) and the Edith Clarkson Store (left) in Clarkson. Warren Clarkson, Edith's grandfather, built the first grocery store in 1835 on what was to ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • William Clarkson Store and Post Office, Clarkson
    William Clarkson Store and Post Office, Clarkson
    image       Owned and operated by Edith Clarkson from 1901 until she died, November 30, 1919. Warren Clarkson, Edith's grandfather, built the first grocery store in 1835 on what was to become Clarkson Road. Sometime in the 1860s his sons, William and Henry, took over the store and William opened the first ...
    image     Owned and operated by Edith Clarkson from 1901 until she died, November 30, 1919. Warren Clarkson, Edith's grandfather, built the first grocery store in 1835 on what was to become ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • William Clarkson Store, Clarkson
    William Clarkson Store, Clarkson
    image       Miss Edith Clarkson and Miss Cora Clarkson (Mrs. William Shook) stand in front of the store. Warren Clarkson, Edith's and Cora's grandfather, built the first grocery store in 1835 on what was to become Clarkson Road. Sometime in the 1860s his sons, William and Henry, took over the store and ...
    image     Miss Edith Clarkson and Miss Cora Clarkson (Mrs. William Shook) stand in front of the store. Warren Clarkson, Edith's and Cora's grandfather, built the first grocery store in 1835 on ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Clarkson Railway Station
    Clarkson Railway Station
    image       The Clarkson railway station was originally located on the north side of the railway tracks, behind the store and Post Office on Clarkson Road. The railroad right-of-way was secured across Warren Clarkson�s lots in 1853. It brought commerce to local fruit and vegetable farmers. Corn, apples and especially strawberries were ...
    image     The Clarkson railway station was originally located on the north side of the railway tracks, behind the store and Post Office on Clarkson Road. The railroad right-of-way was secured across ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Clarkson Railway Station
    Clarkson Railway Station
    image       The railway platform at Clarkson. The caption reads: "The chief strawberry shipping station of Ontario. The railway station platform at Clarkson from which busy burg more crates of strawberries are shipped than from any other station in Ontario." Clarkson was at one time called "The strawberry capital of Ontario". From ...
    image     The railway platform at Clarkson. The caption reads: "The chief strawberry shipping station of Ontario. The railway station platform at Clarkson from which busy burg more crates of strawberries are ...
    Mississauga Library System
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results