Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 31 matching items.
Media Types Images   Geographic Location Brockton  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 7 Cayley Street - "Koller House"
    7 Cayley Street - "Koller House"
    image  Summer 2011,     7 Cayley Street, Walkerton, Ontario, Canada."Koller House"This house was built in 1877 by James Hargeaves, local Carpenter and builder, along with his wife, a milliner.It is one of Brocktons excellent Heritage Buildings and is acknowledged as such with a Heritage Plaque.
    image  Summer 2011,   7 Cayley Street, Walkerton, Ontario, Canada."Koller House"This house was built in 1877 by James Hargeaves, local Carpenter and builder, along with his wife, a milliner.It is one of Brocktons excellent ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 15 McNab Street - "Joseph Walker House"
    15 McNab Street - "Joseph Walker House"
    image  Summer 2011,     Built in 1860, this was one of the first buildings ever built in Walkerton; this was the house of the town's first mayor, its founder and its namesake. This houses historical value far outweighs its architectural value. Constucted near Walker's saw mill, grist mill and dam, this house is of ...
    image  Summer 2011,   Built in 1860, this was one of the first buildings ever built in Walkerton; this was the house of the town's first mayor, its founder and its namesake. This houses ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 12 Concession 10, Cargill - "Cargill House"
    12 Concession 10, Cargill - "Cargill House"
    image  Summer 2011,     Built in 1888; The first home of Henry Cargill, timber magnate, postmaster, town reeve, and MP of East Bruce for 16 years.
    image  Summer 2011,   Built in 1888; The first home of Henry Cargill, timber magnate, postmaster, town reeve, and MP of East Bruce for 16 years.
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 111 Jackson Street - Victoria Jubilee Hall
    111 Jackson Street - Victoria Jubilee Hall
    image  Summer 2011,     Constructed in 1897 to honour Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee, the hall remains a symbol of the dedication and crafting skill possessed by early Canadians at the turn of the 19th century. An imposing structure, the former town hall dominates the former market square and contrasts pointedly with the modern municipal ...
    image  Summer 2011,   Constructed in 1897 to honour Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee, the hall remains a symbol of the dedication and crafting skill possessed by early Canadians at the turn of the 19th ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 249 Durham Street East - Walkerton Public Library
    249 Durham Street East - Walkerton Public Library
    image  Summer 2011,     Built in 1911. this structure functions as the Walkerton Branch of the County library system; supplying books, meeting rooms and internet services to the public. It is historically linked as it became the permanent home of the public with a grant from American industrialist, Andrew Carnegie.
    image  Summer 2011,   Built in 1911. this structure functions as the Walkerton Branch of the County library system; supplying books, meeting rooms and internet services to the public. It is historically linked as ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 305 Colborne Street - St. Thomas Anglican Church
    305 Colborne Street - St. Thomas Anglican Church
    image  Summer 2011,     Constructed in 1910, St. Thomas Anglican Church maintains and supports the character of the neighbourhood, forming one of 4 corners occupied by a church around the central jail and court complex.
    image  Summer 2011,   Constructed in 1910, St. Thomas Anglican Church maintains and supports the character of the neighbourhood, forming one of 4 corners occupied by a church around the central jail and court ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 124 Colborne Street - "Hall House"
    124 Colborne Street - "Hall House"
    image  Summer 2011,     Built in 1888, the house was constructed for George. J. Dickson a medical doctor from Normanby. Ten years later the house was sold to Walter Allen Hall. Hall was the elected member of the House of Commons from 1925-1935, and lived in this house for over forty years. The house ...
    image  Summer 2011,   Built in 1888, the house was constructed for George. J. Dickson a medical doctor from Normanby. Ten years later the house was sold to Walter Allen Hall. Hall was the ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 120 Cayley Street - Walkerton Baptist Church
    120 Cayley Street - Walkerton Baptist Church
    image  Summer 2011,     Originally built in the early years of the 19th century, this was the first church of Walkerton that ended construction, debt free, due to the volume of donations given by parishioners. Prominent parishioners included Donald Sinclair, first Speaker of the Ontario Legislature. The building combines two architectural styles into a ...
    image  Summer 2011,   Originally built in the early years of the 19th century, this was the first church of Walkerton that ended construction, debt free, due to the volume of donations given by ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 336 Durham Street East - James Rothwell Block
    336 Durham Street East - James Rothwell Block
    image  Summer 2011,     Built in 1885. The structure burned in 1985, nothing but the brick shell remained, though it was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act to preserve the unity of the downtown look by retaining the original upper facade and brickwork.
    image  Summer 2011,   Built in 1885. The structure burned in 1985, nothing but the brick shell remained, though it was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act to preserve the unity of the downtown ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 410 Jackson Street South - "Rowland House"
    410 Jackson Street South - "Rowland House"
    image  Summer 2011,     This house was erected in 1900 by architect Rob Gray of Harriston, for John Rowland who was a prominent Walkertonian, a financier and a cattle buyer. This house has been described as being "the best unaltered example of Queen Anne Revival Style in Bruce County" by the Walkerton Walking Tour ...
    image  Summer 2011,   This house was erected in 1900 by architect Rob Gray of Harriston, for John Rowland who was a prominent Walkertonian, a financier and a cattle buyer. This house has been ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 104264 Grey Road 10 - St John's Lutheran Pioneer Cemetery
    104264 Grey Road 10 - St John's Lutheran Pioneer Cemetery
    image  Summer 2011,     Established in 1886. The site continues to serve as the resting place of Brant township and Elmwood's earliest settlers.
    image  Summer 2011,   Established in 1886. The site continues to serve as the resting place of Brant township and Elmwood's earliest settlers.
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 106 Colborne Street North - Binder Twine Factory
    106 Colborne Street North - Binder Twine Factory
    image  Summer 2011,     Built in 1900. The site of a major industry to early Walkerton, the Walkerton Binder Twine Company Limited. This building is the largest industrial structure remaining in proximity to the downtown of Walkerton. A long, low building, the Binder Twine factory is still in use in a commercial context.
    image  Summer 2011,   Built in 1900. The site of a major industry to early Walkerton, the Walkerton Binder Twine Company Limited. This building is the largest industrial structure remaining in proximity to the ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 10 Yonge Street North "Hampson's Foundry"
    10 Yonge Street North "Hampson's Foundry"
    image  Summer 2011,     Built in 1873 by John Hampson, this structure functioned as a blacksmith, foundry and machine shop for over 118 years. The building style is Ontario Vernacular. This simple heavy timber structure was clad with board and batten siding. The type of foundation is not certain but it is most likely ...
    image  Summer 2011,   Built in 1873 by John Hampson, this structure functioned as a blacksmith, foundry and machine shop for over 118 years. The building style is Ontario Vernacular. This simple heavy timber ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 11 Victoria Street South
    11 Victoria Street South
    image  Summer 2011,     Built in 1873, this was one of the only downtown properties to survive the "Big Fire" in Walkerton of 1877 unscathed. Sternall's, once a livery, has been converted into residential rentals.
    image  Summer 2011,   Built in 1873, this was one of the only downtown properties to survive the "Big Fire" in Walkerton of 1877 unscathed. Sternall's, once a livery, has been converted into residential ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 106 Cayley Street
    106 Cayley Street
    image  Summer 2011,     Built in 1933, this structure was the home of local sheriff Ewart "Tex" Cameron.
    image  Summer 2011,   Built in 1933, this structure was the home of local sheriff Ewart "Tex" Cameron.
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 107 Cayley Street
    107 Cayley Street
    image  Summer 2011,     Erected in 1890 by Dr. Malcolm Stalker, a prominent member of the Walkerton community.
    image  Summer 2011,   Erected in 1890 by Dr. Malcolm Stalker, a prominent member of the Walkerton community.
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 108 Cayley Street
    108 Cayley Street
    image  Summer 2011,     Built in 1880, this was the home of local blacksmith Charles B. Stevens.
    image  Summer 2011,   Built in 1880, this was the home of local blacksmith Charles B. Stevens.
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 209 Cayley - "Walkerton Court House Complex"
    209 Cayley - "Walkerton Court House Complex"
    image  Summer 2011,     The Walkerton Jail has been a part of the community and has been serving the county since 1867. It is an integral part of the Justice complex in Walkerton. Many of Walkerton's foremost politicians and citizens have had their start in the legal halls of the court complex.
    image  Summer 2011,   The Walkerton Jail has been a part of the community and has been serving the county since 1867. It is an integral part of the Justice complex in Walkerton. Many ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 215 Jane Street - Armoury
    215 Jane Street - Armoury
    image  Summer 2011,     Erected by the Dominion of Canada in 1908, this building was as an effort to reinforce the idea of nation-building, prior to the Great War by creating a space for militia training and armament. For many years now it has served as a municipally run daycare.
    image  Summer 2011,   Erected by the Dominion of Canada in 1908, this building was as an effort to reinforce the idea of nation-building, prior to the Great War by creating a space for ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
  • 220 Victoria Street - Sacred Heart Catholic Church
    220 Victoria Street - Sacred Heart Catholic Church
    image  Summer 2011,     Sacred Heart Catholic Church was constructed in 1874 by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton. Before this, mass was celebrated in private homes, an old school and a court house. In 1895, the church was enlarged, and a sanctuary was added. In 1927, the pastor, Father Maloney, noticed the foundation ...
    image  Summer 2011,   Sacred Heart Catholic Church was constructed in 1874 by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton. Before this, mass was celebrated in private homes, an old school and a court house. ...
    Brockton Heritage Committee
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
Groups
Item Types
Years
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
Creative Commons