Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 119 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute fonds  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • John Gilbert Making Soap
    John Gilbert Making Soap
    image       Black and white photograph of John Gilbert included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 25. John Gilbert resided at Gilbert Hall, Lot 13, Edgeware Road, Township of Yarmouth. In this photograph he is shown making soft soap.
    image     Black and white photograph of John Gilbert included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 25. John Gilbert resided at Gilbert Hall, Lot 13, Edgeware Road, ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Yarmouth Homes
    Yarmouth Homes
    image       The Tisdale Barn. [32b]
    image     The Tisdale Barn. [32b]
    Elgin County Archives
  • The Lewis Gilbert Home
    The Lewis Gilbert Home
    image       Colour photograph of The Lewis Gilbert Home, built in 1915, located at South 1/2 Lot 12 First Range North, Edgeware Road. Photograph included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 34.
    image     Colour photograph of The Lewis Gilbert Home, built in 1915, located at South 1/2 Lot 12 First Range North, Edgeware Road. Photograph included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Gilbert Hall
    Gilbert Hall
    image       Black and white photograph of Gilbert Hall, 1953, located at South 1/2 Lot 13 First Range North, Edgeware Road, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 37. The home was built by William Gilbert in 1872 and named by John Gilbert.
    image     Black and white photograph of Gilbert Hall, 1953, located at South 1/2 Lot 13 First Range North, Edgeware Road, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Paddon Farm
    Paddon Farm
    image       Home of Ron and Joanne (Penhale) Erickson, 1980.
    image     Home of Ron and Joanne (Penhale) Erickson, 1980.
    Elgin County Archives
  • Mervyn Paddon Home
    Mervyn Paddon Home
    image       The raising of Mervyn Paddon's drive barn, taken on May 31, 1917. Shown in the photo are (from left) Isaac Williams, Harvey Fishbach, and Gordon Berry. [43b]
    image     The raising of Mervyn Paddon's drive barn, taken on May 31, 1917. Shown in the photo are (from left) Isaac Williams, Harvey Fishbach, and Gordon Berry. [43b]
    Elgin County Archives
  • Baker House
    Baker House
    image       The Baker House, ca. 1930, when it was"mud-walled", as it was from 1927-1935.
    image     The Baker House, ca. 1930, when it was"mud-walled", as it was from 1927-1935.
    Elgin County Archives
  • Mr. and Mrs. Keith Davis's House
    Mr. and Mrs. Keith Davis's House
    image       The Davis's house, ca. 1930, showing it with brick siding. It was the first brick house in North Yarmouth township.
    image     The Davis's house, ca. 1930, showing it with brick siding. It was the first brick house in North Yarmouth township.
    Elgin County Archives
  • Spurgeon and Southern Homes
    Spurgeon and Southern Homes
    image       The home of Mr. and Mrs. Percy Southern, located on Concession 11 in Yarmouth. The home was built between 1845 and 1860 by the Daniel Curtis Family. [49b]
    image     The home of Mr. and Mrs. Percy Southern, located on Concession 11 in Yarmouth. The home was built between 1845 and 1860 by the Daniel Curtis Family. [49b]
    Elgin County Archives
  • McLean and Martin Houses
    McLean and Martin Houses
    image       The home of Robert Martin, located on Edgeware Road, north of Yarmouth Centre. The rear part of the house was built ca. 1850 and the main brick portion in the 1860s. [50b]
    image     The home of Robert Martin, located on Edgeware Road, north of Yarmouth Centre. The rear part of the house was built ca. 1850 and the main brick portion in the ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Proud House
    Proud House
    image       Black and white photograph of the home of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Proud, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 51. The home was built in 1865 by James Locke.
    image     Black and white photograph of the home of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Proud, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 51. The home was built ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Sinclair Family
    Sinclair Family
    image       Black and white photograph of the Sinclair Family at their homestead, ca. 1920, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 54. The home is located on Lot 6, Concession 10 in Yarmouth. Seen from left to right are James Sinclair, Matilda Bingham (McMurray) Sinclair, Fred ...
    image     Black and white photograph of the Sinclair Family at their homestead, ca. 1920, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 54. The home is located ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Westlake Mud House
    Westlake Mud House
    image       Colour photograph of The Westlake Mud House, ca. 1975, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 57.
    image     Colour photograph of The Westlake Mud House, ca. 1975, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 57.
    Elgin County Archives
  • Baker Mud House
    Baker Mud House
    image       Black and white photograph of the Baker Mud House, ca. 1930, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 58. The house is located on Concession 10.
    image     Black and white photograph of the Baker Mud House, ca. 1930, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 58. The house is located on Concession ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Kilmartin Church
    Kilmartin Church
    image       Black and white photograph of the Kilmartin Church, located in North Yarmouth, ca. 1890, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 68. The Church is the predecessor to the present St. James Church and was built in 1858.
    image     Black and white photograph of the Kilmartin Church, located in North Yarmouth, ca. 1890, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 68. The Church is ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • St. James Church Anniversaries
    St. James Church Anniversaries
    image       Church officers at the St. James Church 125th Anniversary, 1983. The front row includes session members, left to right, Allan Gillies, Elder; G. Herman Taylor, Clerk; Rev. W. A. Knicaid, moderator; Bruce Smith, Elder; Duncan Taylor, Elder and Board of Management member. The back row includes members of the Board ...
    image     Church officers at the St. James Church 125th Anniversary, 1983. The front row includes session members, left to right, Allan Gillies, Elder; G. Herman Taylor, Clerk; Rev. W. A. Knicaid, ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • St. James Church
    St. James Church
    image       Colour photograph of St. James Church, ca. 1980, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 74.
    image     Colour photograph of St. James Church, ca. 1980, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 74.
    Elgin County Archives
  • Kilmartin Cemetery
    Kilmartin Cemetery
    image       Two colour photographs of Kilmartin Cemetery, 1967, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 78.
    image     Two colour photographs of Kilmartin Cemetery, 1967, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 78.
    Elgin County Archives
  • Tombstone of James and Margaret Campbell
    Tombstone of James and Margaret Campbell
    image       Black and white photograph of Ferguson Campbell and his son, Douglas, at the grave of Ferguson's grandparents James and Margaret Campbell at Kilmartin Cemetery, ca. 1950, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 79. James Campbell died on July 30, 1859 and his wife on ...
    image     Black and white photograph of Ferguson Campbell and his son, Douglas, at the grave of Ferguson's grandparents James and Margaret Campbell at Kilmartin Cemetery, ca. 1950, included in the Yarmouth ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Kilmartin Cemetery Dedication
    Kilmartin Cemetery Dedication
    image       Black and white photograph of the Kilmartin Cemetery dedication on June 23, 1963, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 80. From left is Mrs. J. C. Penhale, who led the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute in helping with the restoration; Mrs. Julien Martin, 1963 President ...
    image     Black and white photograph of the Kilmartin Cemetery dedication on June 23, 1963, included in the Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume 1, page 80. From left is Mrs. ...
    Elgin County Archives
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
  • Location unidentified (119)
Groups