Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 28 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Streetsville Review Collection  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Dixie Public School
    Dixie Public School
    image       1120 Flagship Drive. Built 1960. Additions were made in 1963 and 1965
    image     1120 Flagship Drive. Built 1960. Additions were made in 1963 and 1965
    Mississauga Library System
  • T. L. Kennedy Secondary School, Cooksville
    T. L. Kennedy Secondary School, Cooksville
    image       3100 Hurontario Street. Built 1952, with additions in 1957, 1962, 1963 and 1968. This is the Vocational School addition
    image     3100 Hurontario Street. Built 1952, with additions in 1957, 1962, 1963 and 1968. This is the Vocational School addition
    Mississauga Library System
  • Cherry Hill House, Dixie
    Cherry Hill House, Dixie
    image       Cherry Hill was the family home of Joseph Silverthorn and his wife, Jane Chisholm. Silverthorn, a United Empire Loyalist, received a crown grant of 200 acres on Lot 11, Concession 1, NDS, on 6 November 1807. Cherry Hill may be the oldest house in Mississauga. The stone foundation is said ...
    image     Cherry Hill was the family home of Joseph Silverthorn and his wife, Jane Chisholm. Silverthorn, a United Empire Loyalist, received a crown grant of 200 acres on Lot 11, Concession ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Lakeview Generating Station
    Lakeview Generating Station
    image       800 Hydro Road, Lakeview. The coal-fired Lakeview Generating Station was opened by Premier John Robarts June 20, 1962. At that time it was expected to have a generating capacity equal to Ontario Hydro's two major Niagara River developments and was expected to cost an estimated $217,000,000. Construction of the Lakeview ...
    image     800 Hydro Road, Lakeview. The coal-fired Lakeview Generating Station was opened by Premier John Robarts June 20, 1962. At that time it was expected to have a generating capacity equal ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Mississauga Hospital, Model, Cooksville
    Mississauga Hospital, Model, Cooksville
    image       100 Queensway West. Originally known as the South Peel Hospital it was officially opened in May 1958 with 115 beds. On October 24, 1976, the newly expanded and renovated hospital opened with 270 beds. In 1968 Psychiatric and Extended Care wings were added. In 1970 the name was changed to ...
    image     100 Queensway West. Originally known as the South Peel Hospital it was officially opened in May 1958 with 115 beds. On October 24, 1976, the newly expanded and renovated hospital ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Timothy Street House, Streetsville
    Timothy Street House, Streetsville
    image       41 Mill Street. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 4. The first brick house in Peel, built by the founder of Streetsville in 1825, and probably the last remaining house in Streetsville from that period. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act
    image     41 Mill Street. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 4. The first brick house in Peel, built by the founder of Streetsville in 1825, and probably the last remaining house in ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • McCarthy Milling Company, Streetsville
    McCarthy Milling Company, Streetsville
    image       1770 Barbertown Road. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 1 E�. The first mill on this location was owned by William J. Comfort, who had a sawmill and probably a grist mill in operation before 1826. Comfort gave shelter to William Lyon Mackenzie during the 1837 Rebellion and was consequently jailed. ...
    image     1770 Barbertown Road. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 1 E�. The first mill on this location was owned by William J. Comfort, who had a sawmill and probably a grist ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Cooksville Post Office
    Cooksville Post Office
    image       47 Dundas Street West. Plan Tor 12, Lot 9. On this site, at the corner of Cook and Dundas Streets, Herbert Henry Shaver, who was appointed postmaster October 16, 1898, operated the post office out of his house. The first post office in Cooksville may have been opened about 1837 ...
    image     47 Dundas Street West. Plan Tor 12, Lot 9. On this site, at the corner of Cook and Dundas Streets, Herbert Henry Shaver, who was appointed postmaster October 16, 1898, ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Reid Milling Company, Streetsville
    Reid Milling Company, Streetsville
    image       27 Reid Drive. Conc 4 WHS Lot 2. Photograph shows the loading area. The mill site, established by the Beaty family in the 1830s, remained in continuous operation under several managers, including Noah Barnhart in the 1850s, until taken over by D. W. Reid in 1895. The plant, with continuing ...
    image     27 Reid Drive. Conc 4 WHS Lot 2. Photograph shows the loading area. The mill site, established by the Beaty family in the 1830s, remained in continuous operation under several ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Vista Heights Public School, Streetsville
    Vista Heights Public School, Streetsville
    image       89 Vista Blvd. Built 1956, with additions in 1958, 1961, 1963 and 1965
    image     89 Vista Blvd. Built 1956, with additions in 1958, 1961, 1963 and 1965
    Mississauga Library System
  • Ray Underhill Public School, Streetsville
    Ray Underhill Public School, Streetsville
    image       32 Suburban Drive. Built 1958, with an addition in 1967.
    image     32 Suburban Drive. Built 1958, with an addition in 1967.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Barbertown Bridge, Streetsville
    Barbertown Bridge, Streetsville
    image       Barbertown Road. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 1 E�. This is a simple flat bridge consisting of wide ten foot planks laid vertically, while ten steel beams, five per side, now support the bridge with cross bars forming the arcade of beams overhead. The wooden posts originally supporting the structure ...
    image     Barbertown Road. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 1 E�. This is a simple flat bridge consisting of wide ten foot planks laid vertically, while ten steel beams, five per side, ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Credit River, Streetsville
    Credit River, Streetsville
    image       Photograph taken ca July 1964 of children playing in the Credit River
    image     Photograph taken ca July 1964 of children playing in the Credit River
    Mississauga Library System
  • Credit River, Streetsville
    Credit River, Streetsville
    image       Photograph taken ca July 1964.
    image     Photograph taken ca July 1964.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Streetsville Junction CPR Station
    Streetsville Junction CPR Station
    image       20 Ontario Street. Built in 1914 by the Canadian Pacific Railway, and typical of the stations built for small towns in the early 20th century. The brick building consisted of a waiting room, ticket office, express office and baggage room with some attached service areas. Passenger train service was discontinued ...
    image     20 Ontario Street. Built in 1914 by the Canadian Pacific Railway, and typical of the stations built for small towns in the early 20th century. The brick building consisted of ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • St. Andrew�s Presbyterian Church, Streetsville
    St. Andrew�s Presbyterian Church, Streetsville
    image       295 Queen Street South. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 3 W�. The fourth Presbyterian church, this one was erected in 1868. There was probably a log church in 1819. Early records point to a small building at the corner of Pearl and Queen Streets in 1821. This was followed by ...
    image     295 Queen Street South. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 3 W�. The fourth Presbyterian church, this one was erected in 1868. There was probably a log church in 1819. Early ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Streetsville United Church
    Streetsville United Church
    image       274 Queen Street South. Conc 5 WHS, pt. Lot 3 E�. The first church was built in 1821 for the Methodist congregation which started in 1820. It was a small log building. The second church, a frame building, was built on Maiden Lane in 1835. Owing to a split in ...
    image     274 Queen Street South. Conc 5 WHS, pt. Lot 3 E�. The first church was built in 1821 for the Methodist congregation which started in 1820. It was a small ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church, Streetsville
    St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church, Streetsville
    image       1775 Bristol Road (formerly 74 Main Street). Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 3 E�. The original church was built in 1856 on the east bank of the Credit River, on land given by Richard Cuthbert who lived opposite. The church was consecrated in July 1858 by Bishop De Charbonnel. It ...
    image     1775 Bristol Road (formerly 74 Main Street). Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 3 E�. The original church was built in 1856 on the east bank of the Credit River, on ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Streetsville Baptist Church
    Streetsville Baptist Church
    image       Located at 121 Vista Blvd.
    image     Located at 121 Vista Blvd.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Canada Brick, Streetsville
    Canada Brick, Streetsville
    image       2121 Britannia Road West. Aerial photograph of the brickworks of Canada�s oldest manufacturer of genuine burned clay brick. Photo taken ca 1967
    image     2121 Britannia Road West. Aerial photograph of the brickworks of Canada�s oldest manufacturer of genuine burned clay brick. Photo taken ca 1967
    Mississauga Library System
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results