Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 21 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Removed from Municipal Register, 2013  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 514 Burlington Avenue, August 2008
    514 Burlington Avenue, August 2008
    image  August 2008,     Built in 1909 by George Allen and advertised in the Gazette:"For Sale. This new brick house, seven rooms; furnace, wired for electric lights; hard and soft water; fine lot, with fruit trees; centrally located. Liberal Terms to suit purchasers. Apply to GEO. ALLEN".Sold in June 1909 (with Allen taking up ...
    image  August 2008,   Built in 1909 by George Allen and advertised in the Gazette:"For Sale. This new brick house, seven rooms; furnace, wired for electric lights; hard and soft water; fine lot, with ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 504 Burlington Avenue, August 2008
    504 Burlington Avenue, August 2008
    image  August 2008,     Built in 1914 by George Allen on a lot to the north of his house at 1391 Ontario Street. Advertised for sale in the 10 June 1914 Gazette:"FOR SALE: An eight-roomed house with all modern conveniences and electric fixtures. Good locality, on Burlington Avenue, one block from Radial. Terms moderate. ...
    image  August 2008,   Built in 1914 by George Allen on a lot to the north of his house at 1391 Ontario Street. Advertised for sale in the 10 June 1914 Gazette:"FOR SALE: An ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 510 Burlington Avenue, August 2008
    510 Burlington Avenue, August 2008
    image  August 2008,     Built in 1909 by George Allen. Owned for a few years by real estate agent John MItchell, whose wife Mabel (née Filman) died in June 1915.From 1919 the home of G. H. (Harry) Nicholson, a lumber agent, his wife Mary, and Gordon Nicholson, a millman and mechanic.Harry and Gordon worked ...
    image  August 2008,   Built in 1909 by George Allen. Owned for a few years by real estate agent John MItchell, whose wife Mabel (née Filman) died in June 1915.From 1919 the home of ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 3157 Hampton Court, 1998
    3157 Hampton Court, 1998
    image  1998,     Plan 220, Roseland Court, was registered in 1925 by Virgil Ross Hart.Country Homes Building Restrictions Covenant: residential; not less than $7000; no building to be erected until plan approved by grantor; not to be conveyed to a person "of a colored race or of a foreign race"; no wall to ...
    image  1998,   Plan 220, Roseland Court, was registered in 1925 by Virgil Ross Hart.Country Homes Building Restrictions Covenant: residential; not less than $7000; no building to be erected until plan approved by ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 3139 Hampton Court, 2012
    3139 Hampton Court, 2012
    image  August 2012,     Plan 220, Roseland Court, was registered in 1925 by Virgil Ross Hart.Country Homes Building Restrictions Covenant: residential; not less than $7000; no building to be erected until plan approved by grantor; not to be conveyed to a person "of a colored race or of a foreign race"; no wall to ...
    image  August 2012,   Plan 220, Roseland Court, was registered in 1925 by Virgil Ross Hart.Country Homes Building Restrictions Covenant: residential; not less than $7000; no building to be erected until plan approved by ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 3096 Balmoral Avenue, 2012
    3096 Balmoral Avenue, 2012
    image  Aug 2012,     Removed in 2013 from the Municipal Register of Cultural Heritage Resources, for alleged lack of historical, architectural, or contextual value.Digital image.
    image  Aug 2012,   Removed in 2013 from the Municipal Register of Cultural Heritage Resources, for alleged lack of historical, architectural, or contextual value.Digital image.
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 3078 First Street, 2012
    3078 First Street, 2012
    image  Aug 2012,     Plan 205, Chestnut Grove, was registered in 1921 by Virgil Ross Hart.Sold in 1922 to Colonel Bertram Osmer Hooper. The architect was H.E. Murton of Hamilton.Illustrated in the Roseland Park brochure, page 6.In an undated typescript from circa 1950, "the present home of Col. Hooper (First St. and Hart Ave.)" ...
    image  Aug 2012,   Plan 205, Chestnut Grove, was registered in 1921 by Virgil Ross Hart.Sold in 1922 to Colonel Bertram Osmer Hooper. The architect was H.E. Murton of Hamilton.Illustrated in the Roseland Park ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 3061 Balmoral Avenue, 2012
    3061 Balmoral Avenue, 2012
    image  Aug 2012,     Plan 212, Roseland, was registered by Hughes Cleaver in 1923.This house and properrty are featured twice in the "Roseland Park" Brochure; the drawing on the front cover and a photograph on the centre page spread, pages 4 and 5.The three saplings in the "Roseland Park" photo are now grand silver ...
    image  Aug 2012,   Plan 212, Roseland, was registered by Hughes Cleaver in 1923.This house and properrty are featured twice in the "Roseland Park" Brochure; the drawing on the front cover and a photograph ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 3030 Lakeshore Road, 2012
    3030 Lakeshore Road, 2012
    image  Aug 2012,     Plan 136, Pine Cove Survey, was registered 1911 by W. D. Flatt.Lot 27 and Part Lot 28.Illustrated in "Roseland Park" on page one, "WHERE LIFE IS WORTH LIVING".Was owned by James Pringle "Jim" Morton and his wife, Jean (née Nicholson) after their marriage in 1945, in the 1960s.Awarded a Heritage ...
    image  Aug 2012,   Plan 136, Pine Cove Survey, was registered 1911 by W. D. Flatt.Lot 27 and Part Lot 28.Illustrated in "Roseland Park" on page one, "WHERE LIFE IS WORTH LIVING".Was owned by ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 3022 South Drive, 2012
    3022 South Drive, 2012
    image  Aug 2012,     Plan 218, Roseland Park, was registered by Hughes Cleaver in 1923.In 1925 Hughes Cleaver sold Lot 86 and Part Lots 83 and 85 toCatherine Jane Bell; sold in 1946 to HelenWilfred Imber; in 1950 to Jacob Gill (Jake) GaudaurIsabel Grace Gaudaur.Removed in 2013 from the Municipal Register of Cultural Heritage ...
    image  Aug 2012,   Plan 218, Roseland Park, was registered by Hughes Cleaver in 1923.In 1925 Hughes Cleaver sold Lot 86 and Part Lots 83 and 85 toCatherine Jane Bell; sold in 1946 to ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 543 Burlington Avenue, 2011
    543 Burlington Avenue, 2011
    image  31 October 2011,     Built in 1915 by carpenter Rowland Beck as his own residence.Sold by his widow ca 1927 to Philip Oliver Rhynas, son of Oliver William Rhynas. Both were lumber merchants. Oliver (O. W.) bought Harrison's lumber mill on Ontario Street and sold it later to Allan S. Nicholson.In 1994 a reshingling ...
    image  31 October 2011,   Built in 1915 by carpenter Rowland Beck as his own residence.Sold by his widow ca 1927 to Philip Oliver Rhynas, son of Oliver William Rhynas. Both were lumber merchants. Oliver ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Barn, 496 Walkers Line, 1992
    Barn, 496 Walkers Line, 1992
    image  1992,    
    image  1992,  
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 528 Hurd Avenue, 1990
    528 Hurd Avenue, 1990
    image  summer 1990,     Detail of image.Fred Knife. a painter, and his wife Elizabeth bought this lot from Walter Gage in 1908. 15 September 1909 Gazette: For Sale. Building lot on Hurd avenue. Apply to Mrs Fred Knife, Burlington.Built in 1912 for Agnes and Edwin (E. B.} Hersee, a manufacturer. The property remained in ...
    image  summer 1990,   Detail of image.Fred Knife. a painter, and his wife Elizabeth bought this lot from Walter Gage in 1908. 15 September 1909 Gazette: For Sale. Building lot on Hurd avenue. Apply ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 529 Clark Avenue, 2012
    529 Clark Avenue, 2012
    imagetext  2012     Digital image. This lot was sold in 1912 to Archie Kenneth Camp, a carpenter who took a mortage in 1913 to build or renovate this house. It is believed to be an former farm house dating perhaps from the 1870s. Archie and Emily (née Powers) married in August 1909 and ...
    imagetext  2012   Digital image. This lot was sold in 1912 to Archie Kenneth Camp, a carpenter who took a mortage in 1913 to build or renovate this house. It is believed to ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 547 Clark Avenue, 2012
    547 Clark Avenue, 2012
    image       Digital image, cropped. Wellington Park, Plan 117, was registered by J. Walter Gage in 1908. Coal Dealer Phil Patriarche, who lived at 1419 Ontario Street, owned this and other property on Clark Avenue from 1912. The Hamilton & North Western (later Grand Trunk) Railway to the west of Clark (the ...
    image     Digital image, cropped. Wellington Park, Plan 117, was registered by J. Walter Gage in 1908. Coal Dealer Phil Patriarche, who lived at 1419 Ontario Street, owned this and other property ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 538 Hager Avenue, 2012
    538 Hager Avenue, 2012
    image  July 2012     Digital image. Heritage District Study, 2004: "vernacular California bungalow ... retains orignal 6 oover windows, but aluminum conceals the original fascia and balustrade on the verandah and the former siding." A more recent owner replaced the aluminum with wood clapboard siding. In 1913 this double lot was bought by A. ...
    image  July 2012   Digital image. Heritage District Study, 2004: "vernacular California bungalow ... retains orignal 6 oover windows, but aluminum conceals the original fascia and balustrade on the verandah and the former siding." ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 517 Hurd Avenue, 2012
    517 Hurd Avenue, 2012
    imagetext  August 2012     Digital image. Built in 1911 by John Wray as a residence for T. W. (Thomas William) Snelling, this house was offered at a public auction sale in 1915. It was bought by Charles Finlay Coleman, brother of Burlington's most eminent builder and developer A. B. Coleman. Charles Coleman continued to ...
    imagetext  August 2012   Digital image. Built in 1911 by John Wray as a residence for T. W. (Thomas William) Snelling, this house was offered at a public auction sale in 1915. It was ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 532 Hurd Avenue, 2012
    532 Hurd Avenue, 2012
    imagetext  August 2012     Digital image.
    imagetext  August 2012   Digital image.
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 528 Hurd Avnue, 2012
    528 Hurd Avnue, 2012
    imagetext  2012     Plan 117, Lot 96 1912 B. 60 The Hersee House HISTORY: 1909 Assessment Roll: Eliza Sarah Knife & Fred Knife, Hurd Ave, Lot 96. 15 September 1909 Gazette: For Sale. Building lot on Hurd avenue. Apply to Mrs Fred Knife, Burlington. Built in 1912 for Agnes & Edwin Hersee, who ...
    imagetext  2012   Plan 117, Lot 96 1912 B. 60 The Hersee House HISTORY: 1909 Assessment Roll: Eliza Sarah Knife & Fred Knife, Hurd Ave, Lot 96. 15 September 1909 Gazette: For Sale. ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 555 Hurd Avenue, Burlington, ON
    555 Hurd Avenue, Burlington, ON
    imagetext  July 2012     Digital image. Built in 1910 for Robert Farroway, a laborer, and his wife Alice. In 1919 they bought 496 Hurd, where they lived until 1940. This house was bought by Fred Lawrence,a machinist, and his wife Mattie, who lived here until the 1930s or later. The one-and-a-half-storey front-gabled frame structure ...
    imagetext  July 2012   Digital image. Built in 1910 for Robert Farroway, a laborer, and his wife Alice. In 1919 they bought 496 Hurd, where they lived until 1940. This house was bought by ...
    Burlington Historical Society
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results