Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 94 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Port Stanley Women's Institute fonds  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Rush-Bagot Treaty Cairn, Invererie Heights Park
    Rush-Bagot Treaty Cairn, Invererie Heights Park
    image       Black and white photographs showing the cairn presented at the Cleveland Convention of Kiwanis International by the Georgia District in June 1942, for erection at Invererie Heights Park, Port Stanley, to commemorate the signing of the Rush-Bagot Treaty in 1817. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photographs showing the cairn presented at the Cleveland Convention of Kiwanis International by the Georgia District in June 1942, for erection at Invererie Heights Park, Port Stanley, ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Port Stanley Foot Bridge
    Port Stanley Foot Bridge
    image       Black and white photograph of a foot bridge in Port Stanley ca. 1930, taken from the village looking eastward. The foot bridge is over a man-made gully, created in 1844 when the Zavitz Mill was constructed. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph of a foot bridge in Port Stanley ca. 1930, taken from the village looking eastward. The foot bridge is over a man-made gully, created in 1844 ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Isabella Hepburn Forsythe
    Isabella Hepburn Forsythe
    image       Black and white photograph showing Miss Isabella Hepburn, later Mrs. Forsythe. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph showing Miss Isabella Hepburn, later Mrs. Forsythe. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    Elgin County Archives
  • St. John's Presbyterian Church, Port Stanley
    St. John's Presbyterian Church, Port Stanley
    image       Black and white photograph showing St. John's Presbyterian Church. The congregation was established in 1854 and met in the Temperance Hall. Later, the congregation purchased the Congregationalist church building for regular use. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph showing St. John's Presbyterian Church. The congregation was established in 1854 and met in the Temperance Hall. Later, the congregation purchased the Congregationalist church building for ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Port Stanley Roman Catholic Church
    Port Stanley Roman Catholic Church
    image       Black and white photograph showing a view of Port Stanley, showing the cross rising from the Roman Catholic Church, formerly the Son's Hall. St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church was built in 1912. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph showing a view of Port Stanley, showing the cross rising from the Roman Catholic Church, formerly the Son's Hall. St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church was built ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Grave of Colonel Thomas Talbot
    Grave of Colonel Thomas Talbot
    image       Black and white photograph showing the grave of Colonel Thomas Talbot (1771-1853). He is buried at St. Peter's Anglican Church near Tyrconnell. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph showing the grave of Colonel Thomas Talbot (1771-1853). He is buried at St. Peter's Anglican Church near Tyrconnell. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • London and Port Stanley Railway
    London and Port Stanley Railway
    image       Black and white photograph showing the London and Port Stanley Railway, showing Engine No. 4 of the Lake Erie and Detroit River Rail Road. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph showing the London and Port Stanley Railway, showing Engine No. 4 of the Lake Erie and Detroit River Rail Road. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • London and Port Stanley Railway Engines
    London and Port Stanley Railway Engines
    image       Two black and white photographs showing London and Port Stanley Railway engines. Identities of men in (55a) are, on the ground: Charles Finlay, William Woollat, Oddie Oatman, Harry McDonald and Frank Brown. Men on the engine are Luke Berry and Ben Nicholas. Men in (55b) are not identified. Included in ...
    image     Two black and white photographs showing London and Port Stanley Railway engines. Identities of men in (55a) are, on the ground: Charles Finlay, William Woollat, Oddie Oatman, Harry McDonald and ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Mr. William Fraser
    Mr. William Fraser
    image       Black and white photograph showing Mr. William Fraser, proprietor of the Fraser House hotel in Port Stanley. The hotel was opened on May 24, 1871. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph showing Mr. William Fraser, proprietor of the Fraser House hotel in Port Stanley. The hotel was opened on May 24, 1871. Included in Port Stanley Women's ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Mr. Batt
    Mr. Batt
    image       Black and white photograph showing Mr.Batt. Mr. Batt built the Bathing Houses on the beach below the Incline Rail Road. He built the Batt House, where the Loney House was later built. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph showing Mr.Batt. Mr. Batt built the Bathing Houses on the beach below the Incline Rail Road. He built the Batt House, where the Loney House was ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Picnic Grounds, Faser House, Steps to the Beach and photograph studio of Fred Loftus
    Picnic Grounds, Faser House, Steps to the Beach and photograph studio of Fred Loftus
    image       Black and white photographs showing scenes of Port Stanley. (72a) shows the view of the picnic grounds; (72b) shows steps to the beach (1916); (72c) shows the Fraser House and (72d) shows the photograph studio of Mr.Fred Loftus (1916). Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photographs showing scenes of Port Stanley. (72a) shows the view of the picnic grounds; (72b) shows steps to the beach (1916); (72c) shows the Fraser House and ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Port Stanley Incline Railway and Observation Tower
    Port Stanley Incline Railway and Observation Tower
    image       Black and white photograph shows the first Incline Railway and the original 85 foot observation tower at the top of Fraser Heights. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph shows the first Incline Railway and the original 85 foot observation tower at the top of Fraser Heights. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • John Ellison
    John Ellison
    image       Black and white photograph shows John Ellison Jr. (1843-1909), born at Union and went to Port Stanley as a youth to attend school. He built the incline railway and observation tower on Fraser Heights. He was a sargent under his father Major John Ellison (1814-1887) during the Fenian Raids. Included ...
    image     Black and white photograph shows John Ellison Jr. (1843-1909), born at Union and went to Port Stanley as a youth to attend school. He built the incline railway and observation ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Annie Pixley Fulford, Thomas Fulford, Emma Fulford Fraser and Robert Fulford.
    Annie Pixley Fulford, Thomas Fulford, Emma Fulford Fraser and Robert Fulford.
    image       Four black and white photographs shows (78a) Annie Pixley Fulford (1855-1893), an American stage actress and wife of actor and theatrical manager Robert Fulford; (78b) Thomas Rowland Fulford (1874-1886), son of Robert Fulford and Annie Pixley Fulford; (78c) Emma Fulford Fraser (1839-1898), first wife of William Fraser, owner of the ...
    image     Four black and white photographs shows (78a) Annie Pixley Fulford (1855-1893), an American stage actress and wife of actor and theatrical manager Robert Fulford; (78b) Thomas Rowland Fulford (1874-1886), son ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Martin Fraser
    Martin Fraser
    image       Black and white photograph shows Martin Fraser, brother of William Fraser who owned the Fraser House hotel. Martin Fraser drove the horses and carriage for the hotel guests. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph shows Martin Fraser, brother of William Fraser who owned the Fraser House hotel. Martin Fraser drove the horses and carriage for the hotel guests. Included in ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Gun-boat"Rescue"
    Gun-boat"Rescue"
    image       Black and white photograph shows the gun-boat"Rescue"which was in service on Lake Erie and the Detroit River during the Fenian Raid of 1866. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph shows the gun-boat"Rescue"which was in service on Lake Erie and the Detroit River during the Fenian Raid of 1866. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Velma Brown and Wilma McDonald
    Velma Brown and Wilma McDonald
    image       Black and white photograph shows Velma Brown and Wilma McDonald. In the background, from the left is Brown's Fish house, the old broom factory and Reg. Moore's Fish house. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph shows Velma Brown and Wilma McDonald. In the background, from the left is Brown's Fish house, the old broom factory and Reg. Moore's Fish house. Included ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • "Cuba"
    "Cuba"
    image       Black and white photograph shows the boat"Cuba", known to make regular trips from Port Stanley to Montreal or Cleveland. The"Cuba"was one of three boats in the Merchant Line Co. established ca. 1896 and carried both freight and passengers. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph shows the boat"Cuba", known to make regular trips from Port Stanley to Montreal or Cleveland. The"Cuba"was one of three boats in the Merchant Line Co. established ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • "Cuba"and"Flora"
    "Cuba"and"Flora"
    image       Black and white photograph shows the boat"Cuba"and"Flora"."Cuba"was known to make regular trips from Port Stanley to Montreal or Cleveland, and one of three boats in the Merchant Line Transportation Co. established ca. 1896 and carried both freight and passengers. Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph shows the boat"Cuba"and"Flora"."Cuba"was known to make regular trips from Port Stanley to Montreal or Cleveland, and one of three boats in the Merchant Line Transportation Co. ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • The Sweeney Hotel or the Russell House
    The Sweeney Hotel or the Russell House
    image       Black and white photograph shows the Sweeney Hotel or the Russell House in Port Stanley. It was purchased by Captain John Sweeney before his death in 1877. A sign in the window reads"Sweeney Hotel". Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph shows the Sweeney Hotel or the Russell House in Port Stanley. It was purchased by Captain John Sweeney before his death in 1877. A sign in ...
    Elgin County Archives
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
  • Location unidentified (94)
Groups