Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 30 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Port Credit Library Collection  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Clarkson Road North
    Clarkson Road North
    image       Photograph taken by the railway tracks, ca 1905
    image     Photograph taken by the railway tracks, ca 1905
    Mississauga Library System
  • St. Lawrence Starch Company, Port Credit
    St. Lawrence Starch Company, Port Credit
    image       141 Lakeshore Road East. Plan 300E, Lot 10,11. A view of the Starch Company, ca 1910. The St. Lawrence Starch Company was built on this site in 1889 under the management of John Gray. At this time the plant ground about 2,000 bushels of corn per week to produce corn ...
    image     141 Lakeshore Road East. Plan 300E, Lot 10,11. A view of the Starch Company, ca 1910. The St. Lawrence Starch Company was built on this site in 1889 under the ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Queen Elizabeth Way, Cloverleaf, Port Credit
    Queen Elizabeth Way, Cloverleaf, Port Credit
    image       Early photograph (ca 1940s) showing the first cloverleaf interchange in Canada, at the QEW and Hurontario Street. (The interchange of the former Middle Road and Hurontario Street.) Construction of the cloverleaf began in 1937. This photograph shows Hurontario Street going over the QEW. In 1962 another interchange was completed at ...
    image     Early photograph (ca 1940s) showing the first cloverleaf interchange in Canada, at the QEW and Hurontario Street. (The interchange of the former Middle Road and Hurontario Street.) Construction of the ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Port Credit Harbour
    Port Credit Harbour
    image       Early photograph of Port Credit Harbour showing the Lakeshore Highway bridge and the marshes, at the mouth of the Credit River.
    image     Early photograph of Port Credit Harbour showing the Lakeshore Highway bridge and the marshes, at the mouth of the Credit River.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Port Credit
    Port Credit
    image       Copy of photograph ca 1934
    image     Copy of photograph ca 1934
    Mississauga Library System
  • House, Cawthra Road, Dixie
    House, Cawthra Road, Dixie
    image       Unidentified building, south of Dundas Street on Cawthra Road, by the railroad tracks
    image     Unidentified building, south of Dundas Street on Cawthra Road, by the railroad tracks
    Mississauga Library System
  • House, Cawthra Road, Dixie
    House, Cawthra Road, Dixie
    image       Unidentified building, south of Dundas Street on Cawthra Road, by the railroad tracks
    image     Unidentified building, south of Dundas Street on Cawthra Road, by the railroad tracks
    Mississauga Library System
  • St. Peter�s Anglican Church, Erindale
    St. Peter�s Anglican Church, Erindale
    image       1745 Dundas Street West. Range 1 CIR, NDS, pt. Lot 3. The slide shows the church before the 1958 addition. This is the second church on this site. The original church, built in 1827, was of white frame construction, 52 feet long and 52 feet wide. The parcel of land ...
    image     1745 Dundas Street West. Range 1 CIR, NDS, pt. Lot 3. The slide shows the church before the 1958 addition. This is the second church on this site. The original ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • St. Peter�s Anglican Church, Erindale
    St. Peter�s Anglican Church, Erindale
    image       1745 Dundas Street West. Range 1 CIR, NDS, pt. Lot 3. The second church on this site. The original church, built in 1827, was of white frame construction, 52 feet long and 52 feet wide. The parcel of land on which the church was built was purchased for ten shillings ...
    image     1745 Dundas Street West. Range 1 CIR, NDS, pt. Lot 3. The second church on this site. The original church, built in 1827, was of white frame construction, 52 feet ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Benares, Clarkson
    Benares, Clarkson
    image       1503 Clarkson Road North. Conc 2 SDS, pt. Lot 28. Most of this house was built in 1857, in Georgian Survival style though the rear stone part of the building dates back to 1835. The first construction of the house was begun by Edgar Neave who sold the property and ...
    image     1503 Clarkson Road North. Conc 2 SDS, pt. Lot 28. Most of this house was built in 1857, in Georgian Survival style though the rear stone part of the building ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Benares, Bake Oven and Drive Shed, Clarkson
    Benares, Bake Oven and Drive Shed, Clarkson
    image       1503 Clarkson Road North. Conc 2 SDS, pt. Lot 28. Most of this house was built in 1857, in Georgian Survival style though the rear stone part of the building dates back to 1835. The first construction of the house was begun by Edgar Neave who sold the property and ...
    image     1503 Clarkson Road North. Conc 2 SDS, pt. Lot 28. Most of this house was built in 1857, in Georgian Survival style though the rear stone part of the building ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Summerville Blacksmith Shop
    Summerville Blacksmith Shop
    image       2199 Dundas Street East. North side of Dundas Street East, one-half mile west of Hwy 427. It was the only blacksmith shop in Summerville. The first blacksmith shop on this site was built by John Silverthorne in 1816. The second structure was built in 1867 for Isaac Wilcox, of dark ...
    image     2199 Dundas Street East. North side of Dundas Street East, one-half mile west of Hwy 427. It was the only blacksmith shop in Summerville. The first blacksmith shop on this ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Dr. Dixie�s House, Erindale
    Dr. Dixie�s House, Erindale
    image       1437 Dundas Crescent North. Range 1, CIR, SDS, Pt. Lot 5-6. Most probably built before 1854. Marjorie Twitchell reported that the house was willed to Dr. Beaumont Wilson Bowen Dixie by his aunt, Christina Wilson, of Stamford Township. The original house was a single storey frame structure with a stone ...
    image     1437 Dundas Crescent North. Range 1, CIR, SDS, Pt. Lot 5-6. Most probably built before 1854. Marjorie Twitchell reported that the house was willed to Dr. Beaumont Wilson Bowen Dixie ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Falconer House, Erindale
    Falconer House, Erindale
    image       2132 Dundas Street West. Conc 1 SDS, pt. Lot 31. Probably built in the 1840s on crown land which was originally granted to Joseph Pollard in 1811. In 1817 James Falconer bought 50 acres. It is said that this farm had the first barn-raising in Toronto Township. George Falconer took ...
    image     2132 Dundas Street West. Conc 1 SDS, pt. Lot 31. Probably built in the 1840s on crown land which was originally granted to Joseph Pollard in 1811. In 1817 James ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Bush�s Inn, Clarkson
    Bush�s Inn, Clarkson
    image       822 Clarkson Road South. Conc 3 SDS, pt. Lot 29. Built in the 1830s by Russell Bush on land bought from Amos Merigold. The inn served as a halfway house for people travelling by stagecoach between Lakeshore Road and Dundas Street. Once the railway took over from the stagecoach Bush, ...
    image     822 Clarkson Road South. Conc 3 SDS, pt. Lot 29. Built in the 1830s by Russell Bush on land bought from Amos Merigold. The inn served as a halfway house ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Bush�s Inn, Clarkson
    Bush�s Inn, Clarkson
    image       822 Clarkson Road South. Conc 3 SDS, pt. Lot 29. Built in the 1830s by Russell Bush on land bought from Amos Merigold. The inn served as a halfway house for people travelling by stagecoach between Lakeshore Road and Dundas Street. Once the railway took over from the stagecoach Bush, ...
    image     822 Clarkson Road South. Conc 3 SDS, pt. Lot 29. Built in the 1830s by Russell Bush on land bought from Amos Merigold. The inn served as a halfway house ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Cawthra-Elliot Estate (Lotten), Dixie
    Cawthra-Elliot Estate (Lotten), Dixie
    image       1507 Cawthra Road. Conc 2 SDS, Lot 10. This two-and-a-half storey, five bay facade house in Georgian Revival style was built in 1926 by Grace Cawthra-Elliot on land granted to Joseph Cawthra in 1808. Grace was the granddaughter of Joseph Cawthra. Although she lived at Yeadon Hall in Toronto, this ...
    image     1507 Cawthra Road. Conc 2 SDS, Lot 10. This two-and-a-half storey, five bay facade house in Georgian Revival style was built in 1926 by Grace Cawthra-Elliot on land granted to ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Hammond-Gable House, Clarkson
    Hammond-Gable House, Clarkson
    image       Winston Churchill Blvd., just north of Hwy. 122. Conc 3 SDS, Lot 35. Do not confuse this house with the Hammond House in Erindale! Built some time after 1817 by Henry Gable, it is a basic Loyalist house, 1 � storey with a centre hall plan. Henry Gable�s daughter, Lucinda, ...
    image     Winston Churchill Blvd., just north of Hwy. 122. Conc 3 SDS, Lot 35. Do not confuse this house with the Hammond House in Erindale! Built some time after 1817 by ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • McCarthy Milling Company, Streetsville.
    McCarthy Milling Company, Streetsville.
    image       1770 Barbertown Road. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 1 E�. The first mill on this location was owned by William J. Comfort, who had a sawmill and probably a grist mill in operation before 1826. Comfort gave shelter to William Lyon Mackenzie during the 1837 Rebellion and was consequently jailed. ...
    image     1770 Barbertown Road. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 1 E�. The first mill on this location was owned by William J. Comfort, who had a sawmill and probably a grist ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • William Barber House, Streetsville
    William Barber House, Streetsville
    image       5155 Mississauga Road North. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 1 W�. The home of William Barber, one of the Barber Brothers, who owned and operated the Barber Woollen Mills from 1843 to 1882. It has been converted to a restaurant and is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage ...
    image     5155 Mississauga Road North. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 1 W�. The home of William Barber, one of the Barber Brothers, who owned and operated the Barber Woollen Mills from ...
    Mississauga Library System
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results