Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 39 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Oshawa Times  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 780 Garden St.
    780 Garden St.
    image  Unknown, 780 Garden St., "780 Garden St.," Oshawa Times, July 1959     This house was built in 1845 for Scottish settler John Thomson. It is made from blocks of limestone brought in from Kingston. At the time this picture was taken this house was being considered as a site for a museum.
    image  Unknown, 780 Garden St., "780 Garden St.," Oshawa Times, July 1959   This house was built in 1845 for Scottish settler John Thomson. It is made from blocks of limestone brought in from Kingston. At the time this picture was taken this ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Construction of New Docks, August 1960
    Construction of New Docks, August 1960
    image  The Oshawa Times, Construction of New Docks, August 1960, "Construction of New Docks, August 1960," Oshawa Times, August 1960     New concrete docks were built by the Government of Canada at Whitby Harbour in 1959-60.
    image  The Oshawa Times, Construction of New Docks, August 1960, "Construction of New Docks, August 1960," Oshawa Times, August 1960   New concrete docks were built by the Government of Canada at Whitby Harbour in 1959-60.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Demolition of Heydenshore Park Cottages, July 1965
    Demolition of Heydenshore Park Cottages, July 1965
    image  The Oshawa Times, Demolition of Heydenshore Park Cottages, July 1965, "Demolition of Heydenshore Park Cottages, July 1965," Oshawa Times, July 1965     Heydenshore Park was established as a private resort of cottages in 1900 by the Whitby Street Railway and Park Company. The last owner of the park was Clive Hatch, son of the founder Fred Hatch, who died in 1963. In 1965 the Whitby Public Utilities Commission purchased the park from ...
    image  The Oshawa Times, Demolition of Heydenshore Park Cottages, July 1965, "Demolition of Heydenshore Park Cottages, July 1965," Oshawa Times, July 1965   Heydenshore Park was established as a private resort of cottages in 1900 by the Whitby Street Railway and Park Company. The last owner of the park was Clive Hatch, son ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Roy Ormiston, November 1961
    Roy Ormiston, November 1961
    imagenewspaper  Jim Rose, Roy Ormiston, November 1961, "Roy Ormiston, November 1961," Oshawa Times, November 1961     Emilio Fernandez of Mexico, is presenting the Russell Reid Memorial Trophy to Roy Ormiston of Roybrook Farms, Brooklin, for first prize dry three year-old and second prize milking four year-old Holstein cow. Both cows are owned by Roy Ormiston.Left to right: Emilio Fernandez, Roy Ormiston, Unidentified, Unidentified.This picture was printed ...
    imagenewspaper  Jim Rose, Roy Ormiston, November 1961, "Roy Ormiston, November 1961," Oshawa Times, November 1961   Emilio Fernandez of Mexico, is presenting the Russell Reid Memorial Trophy to Roy Ormiston of Roybrook Farms, Brooklin, for first prize dry three year-old and second prize milking four year-old ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Harbour Beach, July 1959
    Whitby Harbour Beach, July 1959
    image  The Oshawa Times, Whitby Harbour Beach, July 1959, "Whitby Harbour Beach, July 1959," Oshawa Times, July 1959     At the left of the picture is the new water pumping station under construction.
    image  The Oshawa Times, Whitby Harbour Beach, July 1959, "Whitby Harbour Beach, July 1959," Oshawa Times, July 1959   At the left of the picture is the new water pumping station under construction.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Legion Members at St. John's the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church, November 1959
    Legion Members at St. John's the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church, November 1959
    image  The Oshawa Times, Legion Members at St. John's the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church, November 1959, "Legion Members at St. John's the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church, November 1959," Oshawa Times, November 1959     The St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church was built in 1958/59. The members of the Canadian Legion Branch 112, Whitby, are attending a Remembrance Day service in the church.
    image  The Oshawa Times, Legion Members at St. John's the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church, November 1959, "Legion Members at St. John's the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church, November 1959," Oshawa Times, November 1959   The St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church was built in 1958/59. The members of the Canadian Legion Branch 112, Whitby, are attending a Remembrance Day service in the church.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Rossland Road Free Methodist Church, October 1968
    Rossland Road Free Methodist Church, October 1968
    image  The Oshawa Times, Rossland Road Free Methodist Church, October 1968, "Rossland Road Free Methodist Church, October 1968," Oshawa Times, October 1968     The Rossland Road Free Methodist Church was built in 1967-68 and replaced by a new church on the same site in 1981. The sod for the church was turned on June 25, 1967 and the dedication was on November 3, 1968. The old house at left was used as a ...
    image  The Oshawa Times, Rossland Road Free Methodist Church, October 1968, "Rossland Road Free Methodist Church, October 1968," Oshawa Times, October 1968   The Rossland Road Free Methodist Church was built in 1967-68 and replaced by a new church on the same site in 1981. The sod for the church was turned on ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Public School Board, December 1955
    Whitby Public School Board, December 1955
    image  The Oshawa Times, Whitby Public School Board, December 1955, "Whitby Public School Board, December 1955," Oshawa Times, December 1955     This picture was taken at the final meeting of the Board for 1955.
    image  The Oshawa Times, Whitby Public School Board, December 1955, "Whitby Public School Board, December 1955," Oshawa Times, December 1955   This picture was taken at the final meeting of the Board for 1955.
    Whitby Public Library
  • First Letter Carriers in Whitby
    First Letter Carriers in Whitby
    imagenewspaper  The Oshawa Times, First Letter Carriers in Whitby, "First Letter Carriers in Whitby," Oshawa Times, 2 November 1959     Whitby's first letter carrier service was inaugurated on November 2, 1959. Standing at the Whitby Post Office at 200 Dundas Street East, left to right, are: Kenneth Brown, William Skitteral, Keith Laundry, Gordon Wilde, Jerry Parson, William Vaughan and Harold Collins.
    imagenewspaper  The Oshawa Times, First Letter Carriers in Whitby, "First Letter Carriers in Whitby," Oshawa Times, 2 November 1959   Whitby's first letter carrier service was inaugurated on November 2, 1959. Standing at the Whitby Post Office at 200 Dundas Street East, left to right, are: Kenneth Brown, William Skitteral, ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 605 Rossland Road East, September 1964
    605 Rossland Road East, September 1964
    imagenewspaper  The Oshawa Times, 605 Rossland Road East, September 1964, "605 Rossland Road East, September 1964," Oshawa Times, September 1964     The Ontario County Courthouse and Administrative Building was built in 1963-64, and demolished in September, 2010. Ontario County Warden J. Sherman Scott and Oshawa Mayor Lyman A. Gifford laid the corner stone on November 28, 1963 and the building was opened on September 30, 1964 by Ontario Premier John P. ...
    imagenewspaper  The Oshawa Times, 605 Rossland Road East, September 1964, "605 Rossland Road East, September 1964," Oshawa Times, September 1964   The Ontario County Courthouse and Administrative Building was built in 1963-64, and demolished in September, 2010. Ontario County Warden J. Sherman Scott and Oshawa Mayor Lyman A. Gifford laid the ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 605 Rossland Road East
    605 Rossland Road East
    imagenewspaper  The Oshawa Times, 605 Rossland Road East, "605 Rossland Road East," Oshawa Times, June 1967     The Ontario County Courthouse and Administration Building was built in 1963-64, and demolished in September, 2010. Ontario County Warden J. Sherman Scott and Oshawa Mayor Lyman A. Gifford laid the corner stone on November 28, 1963, and the building was opened on September 30, 1964 by Ontario Premier John P. ...
    imagenewspaper  The Oshawa Times, 605 Rossland Road East, "605 Rossland Road East," Oshawa Times, June 1967   The Ontario County Courthouse and Administration Building was built in 1963-64, and demolished in September, 2010. Ontario County Warden J. Sherman Scott and Oshawa Mayor Lyman A. Gifford laid the ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 200 Victoria Street West, April 1958
    200 Victoria Street West, April 1958
    imagenewspaper  The Oshawa Times, 200 Victoria Street West, April 1958, "200 Victoria Street West, April 1958," Oshawa Times, April 1958     The new Ontario County Jail was built in 1957-58 and demolished in 2004 after the prisoners were moved to a new "Super Jail" in Lindsay. The jail was officially opened on June 19, 1958 by Hon. Ray Connell, Ontario Minister of Reform Institutions.
    imagenewspaper  The Oshawa Times, 200 Victoria Street West, April 1958, "200 Victoria Street West, April 1958," Oshawa Times, April 1958   The new Ontario County Jail was built in 1957-58 and demolished in 2004 after the prisoners were moved to a new "Super Jail" in Lindsay. The jail was officially opened ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Brooklin Legion Hall, June 6, 1970
    Brooklin Legion Hall, June 6, 1970
    image  The Oshawa Times, Brooklin Legion Hall, June 6, 1970, "Brooklin Legion Hall, June 6, 1970," Oshawa Times, 6 June 1970     In 1967, the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 152, Brooklin, purchased the old Brooklin House Hotel at 26 Baldwin Street. Striking workers at General Motors in Oshawa renovated the old hotel into a Legion Hall in 1970 and it was officially opened on June 6, 1970, the 26th anniversary of D-Day. ...
    image  The Oshawa Times, Brooklin Legion Hall, June 6, 1970, "Brooklin Legion Hall, June 6, 1970," Oshawa Times, 6 June 1970   In 1967, the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 152, Brooklin, purchased the old Brooklin House Hotel at 26 Baldwin Street. Striking workers at General Motors in Oshawa renovated the old hotel ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 34th Ontario Regiment, October 23, 1966
    34th Ontario Regiment, October 23, 1966
    image  The Oshawa Times, 34th Ontario Regiment, October 23, 1966, "34th Ontario Regiment, October 23, 1966," Oshawa Times, 23 October 1966     This picture shows the Regiment marching past the reviewing stand at the Whitby Municipal Building, 405 Dundas Street West. The man wearing the chain of office is Mayor Desmond G. Newman and the man in the white coat beside him is Reeve George R. Brooks. The presentation was made on ...
    image  The Oshawa Times, 34th Ontario Regiment, October 23, 1966, "34th Ontario Regiment, October 23, 1966," Oshawa Times, 23 October 1966   This picture shows the Regiment marching past the reviewing stand at the Whitby Municipal Building, 405 Dundas Street West. The man wearing the chain of office is Mayor Desmond G. ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 8 Vipond Road, December 1960
    8 Vipond Road, December 1960
    image  The Oshawa Times, 8 Vipond Road, December 1960, "8 Vipond Road, December 1960," Oshawa Times, December 1960     The Brooklin Library was built in 1960/61 and demolished in 2010 when a new library was opened on the same site. The building was officially opened on February 8, 1961 by the Honourable John P. Robarts, Ontario's Minister of Education. A large portion of the funding for this building came ...
    image  The Oshawa Times, 8 Vipond Road, December 1960, "8 Vipond Road, December 1960," Oshawa Times, December 1960   The Brooklin Library was built in 1960/61 and demolished in 2010 when a new library was opened on the same site. The building was officially opened on February 8, 1961 ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 101 Winchester Road East, May 1970
    101 Winchester Road East, May 1970
    image  The Oshawa Times, 101 Winchester Road East, May 1970, "101 Winchester Road East, May 1970," Oshawa Times, May 1970     St. Thomas' Anglican Church was built in 1869 and designed by Toronto Architect Henry Langley. Additions were made to the church in 1986/87 and 2008/09. This picture shows the original church at the time it celebrated its Centennial in May 1970.
    image  The Oshawa Times, 101 Winchester Road East, May 1970, "101 Winchester Road East, May 1970," Oshawa Times, May 1970   St. Thomas' Anglican Church was built in 1869 and designed by Toronto Architect Henry Langley. Additions were made to the church in 1986/87 and 2008/09. This picture shows the original ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Roy Ormiston, October 1959
    Roy Ormiston, October 1959
    image  Jim Rose, Roy Ormiston, October 1959, "Roy Ormiston, October 1959," Oshawa Times, 21 October 1959     This picture was taken at the 18th Annual East Central Ontario Championship Holstein Show in Peterborough. Left to right: Hardy Shore; Roy Ormiston; Harold Jebson; George R. McLaughlin.Hardy Shore was a judge at the show. Roy Ormiston, of Roybrook Farms, Brooklin, is holding the Grand Champion Female, Balsam Brae Pluto ...
    image  Jim Rose, Roy Ormiston, October 1959, "Roy Ormiston, October 1959," Oshawa Times, 21 October 1959   This picture was taken at the 18th Annual East Central Ontario Championship Holstein Show in Peterborough. Left to right: Hardy Shore; Roy Ormiston; Harold Jebson; George R. McLaughlin.Hardy Shore was ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Warner Woodruff Lynde, February 13, 1968
    Warner Woodruff Lynde, February 13, 1968
    image  The Oshawa Times, Warner Woodruff Lynde, February 13, 1968, "Warner Woodruff Lynde, February 13, 1968," Oshawa Times, 13 February 1968     Warner Woodruff Lynde (1869-1969) was born in Whitby Township on February 14, 1869 and lived in the Brooklin-Ashburn area all his life. He was a farmer, who retired in 1948 after farming for 60 years. He was an accomplished fiddle player and was still playing music at the age of ...
    image  The Oshawa Times, Warner Woodruff Lynde, February 13, 1968, "Warner Woodruff Lynde, February 13, 1968," Oshawa Times, 13 February 1968   Warner Woodruff Lynde (1869-1969) was born in Whitby Township on February 14, 1869 and lived in the Brooklin-Ashburn area all his life. He was a farmer, who retired in 1948 ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Sklar Furniture Limited, c. 1967
    Sklar Furniture Limited, c. 1967
    image  The Oshawa Times, Sklar Furniture Limited, c. 1967, "Sklar Furniture Limited, c. 1967," Oshawa Times, 1967     Sklar Furniture's plant was built in 1962/63 and demolished in July 2008. It was located at 617 Victoria Street East.
    image  The Oshawa Times, Sklar Furniture Limited, c. 1967, "Sklar Furniture Limited, c. 1967," Oshawa Times, 1967   Sklar Furniture's plant was built in 1962/63 and demolished in July 2008. It was located at 617 Victoria Street East.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Bathurst Containers, March 1969
    Bathurst Containers, March 1969
    image  The Oshawa Times, Bathurst Containers, March 1969, "Bathurst Containers, March 1969," Oshawa Times, March 1969     Bathurst Containers, which makes cardboard boxes, was built on Water Street in 1955/56 and opened in April 1956.
    image  The Oshawa Times, Bathurst Containers, March 1969, "Bathurst Containers, March 1969," Oshawa Times, March 1969   Bathurst Containers, which makes cardboard boxes, was built on Water Street in 1955/56 and opened in April 1956.
    Whitby Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Groups
Item Types
Years
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Features
Creative Commons