Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 20 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Niagara-on-the-Lake Fire Hall Museum  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Don Sherlock retiring after 46 years with Niagara Fire Department
    Don Sherlock retiring after 46 years with Niagara Fire Department
    textimage  Green, Jerold, Don Sherlock retiring after 46 years with Niagara Fire Department, "Don Sherlock retiring after 46 years with Niagara Fire Department," St. Catharines Standard (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada), 17 Sep 1975     Newspaper clipping about Don Sherlock, retiring after 46 years with Niagara Fire Department.
    textimage  Green, Jerold, Don Sherlock retiring after 46 years with Niagara Fire Department, "Don Sherlock retiring after 46 years with Niagara Fire Department," St. Catharines Standard (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada), 17 Sep 1975   Newspaper clipping about Don Sherlock, retiring after 46 years with Niagara Fire Department.
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • Chief Noel Haines retires
    Chief Noel Haines retires
    newspaperimagetext  "Chief Noel Haines retires," Niagara Advance (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada), 3 Oct 1980    
    newspaperimagetext  "Chief Noel Haines retires," Niagara Advance (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada), 3 Oct 1980  
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • Niagara Fire Department - Queen Street station
    Niagara Fire Department - Queen Street station
    imagetext       The third fire hall was built in 1910 and the fire department moved from the Court House to a new location in 1911. There is a sign in upper part of the building" FIREHALL No 1 1911"
    imagetext     The third fire hall was built in 1910 and the fire department moved from the Court House to a new location in 1911. There is a sign in upper part ...
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • History of Niagara-on-the-Lake Fire Department
    History of Niagara-on-the-Lake Fire Department
    imagetext  May, 2001,     Framed print with text describing the history of Niagara Fire Department. It is displayed on the wall of the Fire Hall Museum in Niagara-on-the-Lake.Text:"In 1816, the Niagara Volunteer Fire Department recruited its first volunteers. These same firemen also built the first fire hall in Niagara in the Market Square (today's ...
    imagetext  May, 2001,   Framed print with text describing the history of Niagara Fire Department. It is displayed on the wall of the Fire Hall Museum in Niagara-on-the-Lake.Text:"In 1816, the Niagara Volunteer Fire Department ...
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • Niagara on the Lake FireEmergency Services, District One - 2009
    Niagara on the Lake FireEmergency Services, District One - 2009
    imagetext  2009,     The colour photographs of the members of Niagara-on-the-Lake Fire Department (District 1) in 2009. Between the rows, in the centre : a photograph of three fire trucks outside of new fire hall on 2 Anderson Lane and two patches of Niagara On The Lake Fire and emergency Services.Top row, left ...
    imagetext  2009,   The colour photographs of the members of Niagara-on-the-Lake Fire Department (District 1) in 2009. Between the rows, in the centre : a photograph of three fire trucks outside of new ...
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • Members of Niagara Fire Department in 1974
    Members of Niagara Fire Department in 1974
    imagetext  1974,     at right lower corner:"Arno LetkemannPhotographerNiagara"
    imagetext  1974,   at right lower corner:"Arno LetkemannPhotographerNiagara"
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • 100th anniversary of Niagara Fire Department
    100th anniversary of Niagara Fire Department
    imagetext  1926,     "Panoram photo No 1283[...?]Hamilton"
    imagetext  1926,   "Panoram photo No 1283[...?]Hamilton"
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • Members of Niagara Fire Department in 1959
    Members of Niagara Fire Department in 1959
    imagetext  1959,     Black and white photographs of the members of Fire Department in Niagara-on-the-Lake in 1959 arranged in four rows; at the bottom of this composition three photographs of NFD fire trucks.Top row, from left to right: N. Haines - Lieutenant A Company 1948; D. Reid - Captain B Coy [Company] 1929; ...
    imagetext  1959,   Black and white photographs of the members of Fire Department in Niagara-on-the-Lake in 1959 arranged in four rows; at the bottom of this composition three photographs of NFD fire trucks.Top ...
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • How it all came about
    How it all came about
    imagetext  Garrett, Doug, How it all came about, "How it all came about," Niagara Advance (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada), 27 Jul 1972     Undated photograph but probably taken in early 1900s, before 1911. The Court House is in the background - the second fire hall was located there before moving to a new location on Queen Street in 1911.
    imagetext  Garrett, Doug, How it all came about, "How it all came about," Niagara Advance (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada), 27 Jul 1972   Undated photograph but probably taken in early 1900s, before 1911. The Court House is in the background - the second fire hall was located there before moving to a new ...
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • Niagara Fire Department in 1910
    Niagara Fire Department in 1910
    imagetext  1910,     Black and white photographs of Niagara Fire Department members in 1910, together with four photos of firemen and their fire fighting equipment: ladder wagon, horse-drawn carts. The last photos were taken outside the fire hall (then located in the Court House) and the post office. The fifth picture (upper right) ...
    imagetext  1910,   Black and white photographs of Niagara Fire Department members in 1910, together with four photos of firemen and their fire fighting equipment: ladder wagon, horse-drawn carts. The last photos were ...
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • Old fire hall on Queen Street in Niagara-on-the-Lake
    Old fire hall on Queen Street in Niagara-on-the-Lake
    image       "In 1948 the townspeople collected donations to purchase an ambulance. This service ran until 1980 when the Ontario Health Department took it over."Noel Haines: "History of Niagara-on-the-Lake Fire Department"
    image     "In 1948 the townspeople collected donations to purchase an ambulance. This service ran until 1980 when the Ontario Health Department took it over."Noel Haines: "History of Niagara-on-the-Lake Fire Department"
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • Mutual Aid Fire Services Association - Regional Niagara Fire Chiefs
    Mutual Aid Fire Services Association - Regional Niagara Fire Chiefs
    imagetext  1990,     Group photograph of the fire chiefs in Niagara region in 1990. The picture was taken in the front of the fire hall on King Street in Niagara-on-the-Lake.REGIONAL NIAGARA FIRE CHIEFS 1990:Back Row L-R: Larry Jane-Thorold, Tom Cartwright-Fort Erie, Joe Fitzgibbon-St. Catharines, Gerry Whittaker-Niagara-on-the-Lake, Jack Suess-Wainfleet, Morris Piett-Grimsby, Wilf Minor-Pelham.Front Row ...
    imagetext  1990,   Group photograph of the fire chiefs in Niagara region in 1990. The picture was taken in the front of the fire hall on King Street in Niagara-on-the-Lake.REGIONAL NIAGARA FIRE CHIEFS ...
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • Members of Niagara Fire Department, District One - 1996
    Members of Niagara Fire Department, District One - 1996
    imagetext  1996,     The colour photographs of the members of Niagara Fire Department (District 1) in 1996, arranged in five rows and framed for a wall display. In the centre - a photograph of the fire hall on King Street in Niagara-on-the-Lake.Top row , left to right: D. Cumpson 1983; M. Vriens 1984 ...
    imagetext  1996,   The colour photographs of the members of Niagara Fire Department (District 1) in 1996, arranged in five rows and framed for a wall display. In the centre - a photograph ...
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • Niagara Fire Department - 1950
    Niagara Fire Department - 1950
    imagetext  1950,     Black and white photograph of the members of Fire Department in Niagara-on-the-Lake in 1950. Framed for a wall display.BACK : E. SMITH, J. NESBITT, H. DICK, W. RICHARDSON, W. GALLOP, N. HAINES, R. CLARK, C. RICHES, F. BALLCENTER : E.J. SAUNDERS, P. STEVENS, W. SUMMERS, G. CROCKER, C. WARD, A. ...
    imagetext  1950,   Black and white photograph of the members of Fire Department in Niagara-on-the-Lake in 1950. Framed for a wall display.BACK : E. SMITH, J. NESBITT, H. DICK, W. RICHARDSON, W. GALLOP, ...
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • Licence to operate an ambulance service.
    Licence to operate an ambulance service.
    imagetext  1968,     "In 1948 the townspeople collected donations to purchase an ambulance. This service ran until 1980 when the Ontario Health Department took it over."Noel Haines: "History of Niagara-on-the-Lake Fire Department"
    imagetext  1968,   "In 1948 the townspeople collected donations to purchase an ambulance. This service ran until 1980 when the Ontario Health Department took it over."Noel Haines: "History of Niagara-on-the-Lake Fire Department"
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • Men posing in front of old fire station in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
    Men posing in front of old fire station in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
    image       The firemen moved to their second fire hall in 1842 when the Court House was built. They slept and the equipment was stored in the Court House's lower level. The third fire hall was built in 1910 and the Niagara Fire Department moved from the Court House to a new ...
    image     The firemen moved to their second fire hall in 1842 when the Court House was built. They slept and the equipment was stored in the Court House's lower level. The ...
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • Niagara fire fighters in front of the Court House
    Niagara fire fighters in front of the Court House
    image       The firemen moved to their second fire hall in 1842 when the Court House was built where they slept and the equipment was stored in the Court House's lower level. The third fire hall was built in 1910 and the Niagara Fire Department moved from the Court House to a ...
    image     The firemen moved to their second fire hall in 1842 when the Court House was built where they slept and the equipment was stored in the Court House's lower level. ...
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • Niagara Fire Department at the Court House.
    Niagara Fire Department at the Court House.
    image       "The firemen moved to their second fire hall in 1842 when the Court House was built. The firemen slept and the equipment was stored in the Court House's lower level (the present home of the NOTL Chamber of Commerce)."Noel Haines: "History of Niagara-on-the-Lake Fire Department"
    image     "The firemen moved to their second fire hall in 1842 when the Court House was built. The firemen slept and the equipment was stored in the Court House's lower level ...
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • Niagara Fire Department at the Court House.
    Niagara Fire Department at the Court House.
    imagetext       "The firemen moved to their second fire hall in 1842 when the Court House was built. The firemen slept and the equipment was stored in the Court House's lower level (the present home of the NOTL Chamber of Commerce)."Noel Haines: "History of Niagara-on-the-Lake Fire Department"
    imagetext     "The firemen moved to their second fire hall in 1842 when the Court House was built. The firemen slept and the equipment was stored in the Court House's lower level ...
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
  • Niagara Hockey team
    Niagara Hockey team
    image       Black and white group photograph of seven members of Niagara Hockey team (many firemen among them) wearing hockey uniforms with letter "N" and skates. There are three men in civilian clothes sitting in the middle of this group. Undated but probably taken in the 1920s.Pictured from left to right (front ...
    image     Black and white group photograph of seven members of Niagara Hockey team (many firemen among them) wearing hockey uniforms with letter "N" and skates. There are three men in civilian ...
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
Groups
Item Types
Years
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009