Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 293 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Milton - Musicians and Musical Events or Milton - Demolished Buildings or Milton - Dr. C. Keith Stevenson or Milton - Semi-Centennial 1857-1907  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Johnson's Garage
    Johnson's Garage
    image  c.1940s,     For further information on Dr. Stevenson, see "Milton Area Biographies" by Alex Cooke.
    image  c.1940s,   For further information on Dr. Stevenson, see "Milton Area Biographies" by Alex Cooke.
    Milton Historical Society
  • Dr. Stevenson's Hospital
    Dr. Stevenson's Hospital
    image  c.1940-50s,     For further information regarding Dr. Stevenson, see "Milton Area Biographies" by Alex Cooke
    image  c.1940-50s,   For further information regarding Dr. Stevenson, see "Milton Area Biographies" by Alex Cooke
    Milton Historical Society
  • One of Milton's early tenement houses.
    One of Milton's early tenement houses.
    image  c.1905,     These houses were at 370 Main St.E. They were demolished and replaced by a bowling alley which was renovated and is now a bar. Photograph taken from "Milton Semi-Centennial 1857-1907"
    image  c.1905,   These houses were at 370 Main St.E. They were demolished and replaced by a bowling alley which was renovated and is now a bar. Photograph taken from "Milton Semi-Centennial 1857-1907"
    Milton Historical Society
  • Martin's Mill, Milton, Ont.
    Martin's Mill, Milton, Ont.
    image  c.1905,     The stone mill was built in 1856 and destroyed by fire in 1963. This photograph was taken from "Milton Semi-Centennial 1857-1907".
    image  c.1905,   The stone mill was built in 1856 and destroyed by fire in 1963. This photograph was taken from "Milton Semi-Centennial 1857-1907".
    Milton Historical Society
  • House of the late Benjamin Jones.
    House of the late Benjamin Jones.
    image  c.1905,     This house was at 235 and 239 Queen Street. The house has now been demolished. Photograph taken from "Milton Semi-Centennial 1857-1907". For further information regarding the Jones Family, please consult "The Jones Family and Alliances, 1759-1995" by Ken Jones.
    image  c.1905,   This house was at 235 and 239 Queen Street. The house has now been demolished. Photograph taken from "Milton Semi-Centennial 1857-1907". For further information regarding the Jones Family, please consult ...
    Milton Historical Society
  • Bruce Street Public School (1857-1972), Milton, Ont.
    Bruce Street Public School (1857-1972), Milton, Ont.
    image  c.1905,     The school was demolished in 1973 and the Milton Public Library erected in that space. This photograph was taken from "Milton Semi-Centennial 1857-1907". For further information see "An indelible imprint" by Jim Dills.
    image  c.1905,   The school was demolished in 1973 and the Milton Public Library erected in that space. This photograph was taken from "Milton Semi-Centennial 1857-1907". For further information see "An indelible imprint" ...
    Milton Historical Society
  • Residence of William Panton.
    Residence of William Panton.
    image  c.1905,     The house was demolished. It stood on the corner of James and Mill Streets (21 James Street) where the Scott Early Funeral Home now stands.This photograph was taken from "Milton Semi-Centennial 1857-1907".
    image  c.1905,   The house was demolished. It stood on the corner of James and Mill Streets (21 James Street) where the Scott Early Funeral Home now stands.This photograph was taken from "Milton ...
    Milton Historical Society
  • Residence of C. J. Lewis. Proprietor of Toronto Pressed Brick Co's Works, Milton.
    Residence of C. J. Lewis. Proprietor of Toronto Pressed Brick Co's Works, Milton.
    image  c.1905,     Built by lawyer Duncan McGibbon 1888. Purchased by the Children's Aid Society in 1918 and in 1919 a legacy allowed a new wing addition. In 1936 the Gordon Home was closed and later used as apartments and the public school inspector's office. The house, which was at 10 Court St. ...
    image  c.1905,   Built by lawyer Duncan McGibbon 1888. Purchased by the Children's Aid Society in 1918 and in 1919 a legacy allowed a new wing addition. In 1936 the Gordon Home was ...
    Milton Historical Society
  • Residence of Dr. M. E. Gowland.
    Residence of Dr. M. E. Gowland.
    image  c.1905,     Built by Dr. Peter Stuart in 1885. Sold to Dr. M. E. Gowland about 1907. Retained as a home by the Gowlands until sold in 1965 to developer Wm. Ollen. The house was demolished and replaced with four strip stores. The area now houses Canada Trust, 250-252 Main St. E. ...
    image  c.1905,   Built by Dr. Peter Stuart in 1885. Sold to Dr. M. E. Gowland about 1907. Retained as a home by the Gowlands until sold in 1965 to developer Wm. Ollen. ...
    Milton Historical Society
  • Milton's Electric Light Power House.
    Milton's Electric Light Power House.
    image  c.1905,     This building was on Main Street, Milton. It was approximately where Carriage Square now stands. This photograph was taken from "Milton Semi-Centennial 1857-1907".
    image  c.1905,   This building was on Main Street, Milton. It was approximately where Carriage Square now stands. This photograph was taken from "Milton Semi-Centennial 1857-1907".
    Milton Historical Society
  • Bank of Hamilton and residence of H. P. Wanzer, Manager.
    Bank of Hamilton and residence of H. P. Wanzer, Manager.
    image  c.1905,     Both the bank and the house were demolished and replaced by the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce building at 147 Main St. E. This photograph was taken from "Milton Semi-Centennial 1857-1907".
    image  c.1905,   Both the bank and the house were demolished and replaced by the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce building at 147 Main St. E. This photograph was taken from "Milton Semi-Centennial ...
    Milton Historical Society
  • Metropolitan Bank - W. R. Clements, Manager.
    Metropolitan Bank - W. R. Clements, Manager.
    image  c.1905,     The building, which was demolished, was at 244 Main St. E. In its place is a building for the Bank of Nova Scotia.
    image  c.1905,   The building, which was demolished, was at 244 Main St. E. In its place is a building for the Bank of Nova Scotia.
    Milton Historical Society
  • The Canada Carpet Co's Factory.  S. Syer, Proprietor.
    The Canada Carpet Co's Factory. S. Syer, Proprietor.
    image  c.1905,     The building has been demolished. It was on Commercial Street at the south-west corner of Main and Commercial. In its place is now a Car wash and a Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet.
    image  c.1905,   The building has been demolished. It was on Commercial Street at the south-west corner of Main and Commercial. In its place is now a Car wash and a Kentucky Fried ...
    Milton Historical Society
  • R.C. H. Burling's Block.
    R.C. H. Burling's Block.
    image  c.1905,     The building has been demolished. It was on the corner of Main St. E. and Charles St. In its place is a parkette and the Spice o'Life gift store - 254 Main St. E.
    image  c.1905,   The building has been demolished. It was on the corner of Main St. E. and Charles St. In its place is a parkette and the Spice o'Life gift store - ...
    Milton Historical Society
  • The McGibbon House.  J. D. McGibbon, Proprietor.
    The McGibbon House. J. D. McGibbon, Proprietor.
    image  c.1905,     The hotel was situated on Main Street. Photograph in "Milton Semi-Centennial 1857-1907". Building later burned and was demolished in 1973
    image  c.1905,   The hotel was situated on Main Street. Photograph in "Milton Semi-Centennial 1857-1907". Building later burned and was demolished in 1973
    Milton Historical Society
  • Junior Pipe Band, Milton, Ontario
    Junior Pipe Band, Milton, Ontario
    image       The Milton Junior Pipe Band turning onto Main Street from Pine Street. The house in the background was demolished c.2000
    image     The Milton Junior Pipe Band turning onto Main Street from Pine Street. The house in the background was demolished c.2000
    Milton Historical Society
  • Tombstone of Florence May Babington and Carroll Keith Stevenson
    Tombstone of Florence May Babington and Carroll Keith Stevenson
    imagecomment  c.2000s,     Dr. and Mrs. Stevenson are buried in Evergreen Cemetery, Milton, Ontario. For further information on Dr. Stevenson see "Milton Area Biographies" by Alex Cooke
    imagecomment  c.2000s,   Dr. and Mrs. Stevenson are buried in Evergreen Cemetery, Milton, Ontario. For further information on Dr. Stevenson see "Milton Area Biographies" by Alex Cooke
    Milton Historical Society
  • Dr. and Mrs. Keith Stevenson
    Dr. and Mrs. Keith Stevenson
    image  c.1930s,     Dr. Stevenson started the first hospital in Milton. For further information see "Milton Area Biographies" by Alex Cooke.
    image  c.1930s,   Dr. Stevenson started the first hospital in Milton. For further information see "Milton Area Biographies" by Alex Cooke.
    Milton Historical Society
  • Florence Babington and Keith Stevenson, Wedding photograph
    Florence Babington and Keith Stevenson, Wedding photograph
    image  1932,     Dr. Carroll Keith Stevenson, 1901-1977 and Florence May Babington 1900-1979, married 1932. Dr. Stevenson started the first hospital in Milton, Ont. For further information on Dr. Stevenson see "Milton Area Biographies" by Alex Cooke
    image  1932,   Dr. Carroll Keith Stevenson, 1901-1977 and Florence May Babington 1900-1979, married 1932. Dr. Stevenson started the first hospital in Milton, Ont. For further information on Dr. Stevenson see "Milton Area ...
    Milton Historical Society
  • Dr. Stevenson operating at the new Milton District Hospital
    Dr. Stevenson operating at the new Milton District Hospital
    image  c.1960,     Dr. Stevenson started the first hospital in Milton. The hospital closed in late 1959 when the new Milton District Hospital opened on Derry Road. Dr. Stevenson was the first chief of surgical staff at the new hospital. For further information see "Milton Area Biographies" by Alex Cooke.
    image  c.1960,   Dr. Stevenson started the first hospital in Milton. The hospital closed in late 1959 when the new Milton District Hospital opened on Derry Road. Dr. Stevenson was the first chief ...
    Milton Historical Society
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Features