Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 37 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Lyons Women's Institute fonds  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • South Dorchester Township Council
    South Dorchester Township Council
    image       One black and white photograph showing Silas Wilson, T. G. Winder, Harry Grinsted, Harry Lyons, Charles Lutton, Duncan Taylor and James Mitchell. Included in the Lyons Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History.
    image     One black and white photograph showing Silas Wilson, T. G. Winder, Harry Grinsted, Harry Lyons, Charles Lutton, Duncan Taylor and James Mitchell. Included in the Lyons Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History.
    Elgin County Archives
  • Lyon's Store
    Lyon's Store
    image       One colour photograph showing Lyon's store and gas pump, and the house attached to the store. Included in the Lyons Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History.
    image     One colour photograph showing Lyon's store and gas pump, and the house attached to the store. Included in the Lyons Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History.
    Elgin County Archives
  • Gordon Legg's Gas Station
    Gordon Legg's Gas Station
    image       One colour photograph showing Gordon Legg's gas station ca. 1950. The building was a house that was cut in two and moved to this site May 22, 1940. Moving was delayed by a snowstorm on May 3. Included in the Lyons Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History.
    image     One colour photograph showing Gordon Legg's gas station ca. 1950. The building was a house that was cut in two and moved to this site May 22, 1940. Moving was ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Lyons'Tavern and Neil McCallum
    Lyons'Tavern and Neil McCallum
    image       Two colour photographs showing the Lyons'Tavern and Neil McCallum. 36a shows the tavern which is believed to be the oldest building in Lyons. It was built as a wayside Inn by William Hale, before 1860. Later it became a store and post office. It is now a private dwelling. 36b ...
    image     Two colour photographs showing the Lyons'Tavern and Neil McCallum. 36a shows the tavern which is believed to be the oldest building in Lyons. It was built as a wayside Inn ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Lyons'Tavern Outbuildings
    Lyons'Tavern Outbuildings
    image       Two colour photographs showing the Lyons'Tavern outbuildings 37a shows the barns that were used as stables with the Inn and 37b shows the outhouse. Included in the Lyons Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History.
    image     Two colour photographs showing the Lyons'Tavern outbuildings 37a shows the barns that were used as stables with the Inn and 37b shows the outhouse. Included in the Lyons Women's Institute ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Neil McCallum
    Neil McCallum
    image       Year taken from the car's license plate.
    image     Year taken from the car's license plate.
    Elgin County Archives
  • South Dorchester Township Hall
    South Dorchester Township Hall
    image       One black and white photograph showing the township hall. It was situated on the north-east corner at Lyons. Originally it was a Union Church on lot 6, Concession 10, South Dorchester. The Council purchased it and moved it to Lyons. Council met here until the new Township building was built ...
    image     One black and white photograph showing the township hall. It was situated on the north-east corner at Lyons. Originally it was a Union Church on lot 6, Concession 10, South ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Russell Moore's House
    Russell Moore's House
    image       Three black and white photographs. 39a shows Russell Moore's house he purchased in the 1930s. 39b is an unidentified child and 39c shows Russell Moore's corn wagons made from steel drums. Included in the Lyons Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History.
    image     Three black and white photographs. 39a shows Russell Moore's house he purchased in the 1930s. 39b is an unidentified child and 39c shows Russell Moore's corn wagons made from steel ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Lyons Cheese Factory
    Lyons Cheese Factory
    image       One colour photograph showing the original cheese factory converted to a repair shop and workshop. In 1975 it was owned by Abram Klassen and family who were manufacturers of truck campers, caps and travel trailers. Included in the Lyons Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History.
    image     One colour photograph showing the original cheese factory converted to a repair shop and workshop. In 1975 it was owned by Abram Klassen and family who were manufacturers of truck ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • The Putnam Pump Shop
    The Putnam Pump Shop
    image       Colour and black and white photographs showing the Putnam Pump Shop through the years.46a is a black and white photograph showing L. S. Putnam&Son Pump Shop in 1951.46b is a colour photograph showing L. S. Putnam&Son Pump shop in 1977.46c is a black and white photograph showing Bob Putnam displaying ...
    image     Colour and black and white photographs showing the Putnam Pump Shop through the years.46a is a black and white photograph showing L. S. Putnam&Son Pump Shop in 1951.46b is a ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Dora McNeil, Alex McNeil, Marvyn Moore, Bob Putnam and Bill Putnam
    Dora McNeil, Alex McNeil, Marvyn Moore, Bob Putnam and Bill Putnam
    image       Black and white photograph Dora McNeil, sister of Alex and Ron McNeil, pulling a sleigh of boys. The boys ar Alex McNeil, Marvyn Moore, Bob Putnam, Bill Putnam. Included in the Lyons Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History.
    image     Black and white photograph Dora McNeil, sister of Alex and Ron McNeil, pulling a sleigh of boys. The boys ar Alex McNeil, Marvyn Moore, Bob Putnam, Bill Putnam. Included in ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Willson McCredie and Ellen Crossley
    Willson McCredie and Ellen Crossley
    image       This is a tin type, with hand tinting.
    image     This is a tin type, with hand tinting.
    Elgin County Archives
  • Willson McCredie, Ellen Crossley McCredie, Allie McCredie, Austin McCredie and Edith McCredie
    Willson McCredie, Ellen Crossley McCredie, Allie McCredie, Austin McCredie and Edith McCredie
    image       Black and white photograph of Willson McCreadie and Ellen Crossley McCredie, with their children Allie, Austin and Edith. Included in the Lyons Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History.
    image     Black and white photograph of Willson McCreadie and Ellen Crossley McCredie, with their children Allie, Austin and Edith. Included in the Lyons Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History.
    Elgin County Archives
  • Willson McCredie
    Willson McCredie
    image       Black and white photograph of Willson McCreadie. Included in the Lyons Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History.
    image     Black and white photograph of Willson McCreadie. Included in the Lyons Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History.
    Elgin County Archives
  • The McCredie Tile Yard
    The McCredie Tile Yard
    image       Black and white photograph of the McCredie Tile Yard. As a young man Willson McCredie was interested in mechanics and ceramics. Early tests had shown a rich source of pottery clay on the northwest corner of Highway 73 and the 9th Concession of South Dorchester. On these 21 acres, in ...
    image     Black and white photograph of the McCredie Tile Yard. As a young man Willson McCredie was interested in mechanics and ceramics. Early tests had shown a rich source of pottery ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • The McCredie Tile Yard
    The McCredie Tile Yard
    image       Two black and white photographs of the McCredie Tile Yard. 61a shows Russell Moore on top of one of the brick kilns. 61b shows an unidentified man with a team of horses and clay cart. Included in the Lyons Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History.
    image     Two black and white photographs of the McCredie Tile Yard. 61a shows Russell Moore on top of one of the brick kilns. 61b shows an unidentified man with a team ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • The McCredie Tile Yard
    The McCredie Tile Yard
    image       Four black and white photographs of the McCredie Tile Yard.62a shows the coal for the kilns piled beside the kilns. The coal was bought by the carload from Pennsylvania to the MCR station on Highway 73 and trucked to the tile yard.62b and 62c show piles of McCredie tile.62d shows ...
    image     Four black and white photographs of the McCredie Tile Yard.62a shows the coal for the kilns piled beside the kilns. The coal was bought by the carload from Pennsylvania to ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • The McCredie Tile Yard
    The McCredie Tile Yard
    image       Three black and white photographs of the McCredie Tile Yard.63a shows Jack Tuff, Elmore Martin, Claude Chalk, Bert Davenport and Lorne Martin by a cartload of wet tile.63b shows Jim Berdan, Joe Paget, Bill Hopkins, Jock White, Neil McCallum and Bob Paget.63c shows Bill Maker, Jim Berdan, Lloyd McCallum, Jim ...
    image     Three black and white photographs of the McCredie Tile Yard.63a shows Jack Tuff, Elmore Martin, Claude Chalk, Bert Davenport and Lorne Martin by a cartload of wet tile.63b shows Jim ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Ditching Machine
    Ditching Machine
    image       One black and white photograph of a ditching machine for laying drainage tile. This machine was owned and operated by James Reid, a nephew of Willson McCreadie who operated the tile yard for a time before Russell Moore, McCreadie's grandson, who took over the business. Included in the Lyons Women's ...
    image     One black and white photograph of a ditching machine for laying drainage tile. This machine was owned and operated by James Reid, a nephew of Willson McCreadie who operated the ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • The McCredie Home
    The McCredie Home
    image       Two black and white photographs of the McCredie home, located across the road and east of the tile plant.65a shows the house built of McCredie brick in 1908. McCredies Ford car with brass front was one of the first in the area.65b shows the round, brick barn built on the ...
    image     Two black and white photographs of the McCredie home, located across the road and east of the tile plant.65a shows the house built of McCredie brick in 1908. McCredies Ford ...
    Elgin County Archives
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
  • Location unidentified (37)
Groups