Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 25 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Johnston Collection  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Canadian National Railway Station, Malton
    Canadian National Railway Station, Malton
    image       Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS. Built in 1912 on the site of the original station, which was built by the Grand Trunk Railway ca 1850. The original station was of wood; the 1912 structure was of stone. This second station was torn down in 1973.
    image     Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS. Built in 1912 on the site of the original station, which was built by the Grand Trunk Railway ca 1850. The original station was of ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Robinson Shoe Shop, Malton
    Robinson Shoe Shop, Malton
    image       Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS. Airport Road, north of Derry Road. Built ca 1850; torn down in early 1970s.
    image     Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS. Airport Road, north of Derry Road. Built ca 1850; torn down in early 1970s.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Thompson�s Groceteria and Malton Hardware Store
    Thompson�s Groceteria and Malton Hardware Store
    image       Lot 10 Conc 6 EHS. North side of Derry Road, just west of Airport Road. First operated by Ernest Tomlinson. By 1946 was run by Charles Thompson and family. A hardware business run by Earl Culham shared part of the building. Destroyed in the gas fire of 1969.
    image     Lot 10 Conc 6 EHS. North side of Derry Road, just west of Airport Road. First operated by Ernest Tomlinson. By 1946 was run by Charles Thompson and family. A ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Malton Co-Op
    Malton Co-Op
    image       York Street, near Ripon Street. Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS. Built in the 1850s; torn down in 1972. In 1944 the Malton Co-Op was formed by the Malton Farmers� club. It eventually owned a warehouse, mill, and a three truck garage. The Co-Op wound up its affairs in the 1950s.
    image     York Street, near Ripon Street. Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS. Built in the 1850s; torn down in 1972. In 1944 the Malton Co-Op was formed by the Malton Farmers� club. ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Malton Co-Op
    Malton Co-Op
    image       York Street, near Ripon Street. Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS. Built in the 1850s; torn down in 1972. In 1944 the Malton Co-Op was formed by the Malton Farmers� club. It eventually owned a warehouse, mill, and a three truck garage. The Co-Op wound up its affairs in the 1950s.
    image     York Street, near Ripon Street. Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS. Built in the 1850s; torn down in 1972. In 1944 the Malton Co-Op was formed by the Malton Farmers� club. ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Malton Airport
    Malton Airport
    image       Built in 1937 on land purchased by the Port Authority of the City of Toronto, south of Malton. This land consisted of thirteen farms, some of the best farm land in the province. The purchase price ranged from $120 per acre to $210 per acre. Three runways were constructed, each ...
    image     Built in 1937 on land purchased by the Port Authority of the City of Toronto, south of Malton. This land consisted of thirteen farms, some of the best farm land ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Lysander military observation plane, Malton
    Lysander military observation plane, Malton
    image       The Westland Lysander III was manufactured in 1942 by National Steel Car Company at its Malton plant, under license from Westland Aircraft Corporation, England. Worldwide, 1660 models were made, of which 225 were built in Canada. The aircraft was designed as an STOL (short take off and landing) plane. In ...
    image     The Westland Lysander III was manufactured in 1942 by National Steel Car Company at its Malton plant, under license from Westland Aircraft Corporation, England. Worldwide, 1660 models were made, of ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Airport and Derry Roads, Malton
    Airport and Derry Roads, Malton
    image       Slide of houses at the corner of Airport and Derry Roads.
    image     Slide of houses at the corner of Airport and Derry Roads.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Malton Presbyterian Church
    Malton Presbyterian Church
    image       Burlington Street. Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS. Built in 1863; torn down in 1951.
    image     Burlington Street. Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS. Built in 1863; torn down in 1951.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Malton Public School, 1858-1923
    Malton Public School, 1858-1923
    image       Built in 1858 on lots 210 and 211. Torn down in 1923, when a modern new school was built on North Alarton Street.
    image     Built in 1858 on lots 210 and 211. Torn down in 1923, when a modern new school was built on North Alarton Street.
    Mississauga Library System
  • T .B. Allen Store, Malton
    T .B. Allen Store, Malton
    image       Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS. First store at the Four Corners. Built ca 1860, it was later moved north of the four corners to Scarboro Street and Airport Road. Joseph B. Allen was the postmaster from 1862 to 1876. Thomas B. Allen was postmaster from 1876 till 1888, and Daniel ...
    image     Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS. First store at the Four Corners. Built ca 1860, it was later moved north of the four corners to Scarboro Street and Airport Road. Joseph ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Tomlinson-Johnston House, Malton
    Tomlinson-Johnston House, Malton
    image       16 Scarboro Street. Pt. Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS. Built in 1884 for Joseph Tomlinson, son of David Tomlinson. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
    image     16 Scarboro Street. Pt. Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS. Built in 1884 for Joseph Tomlinson, son of David Tomlinson. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Malton Circuit Methodist Churches
    Malton Circuit Methodist Churches
    image       Slide of a photo from the Johnston Collection. Also in Angus Scully, et al. The History of Malton.
    image     Slide of a photo from the Johnston Collection. Also in Angus Scully, et al. The History of Malton.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Malton Methodist Church and Parsonage
    Malton Methodist Church and Parsonage
    image       Burlington Street near Derry Road. Originally a frame building constructed in 1857 and later bricked over, it served as the Methodist Church till 1925, then as the Malton United Church till 1953 when the congregation moved to a new church on Airport Road.
    image     Burlington Street near Derry Road. Originally a frame building constructed in 1857 and later bricked over, it served as the Methodist Church till 1925, then as the Malton United Church ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Malcolm�s Store, Malton
    Malcolm�s Store, Malton
    image       Airport Road and Scarboro Street. Originally the T. B. Allen Store which was located at Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS and was the first store at the Four Corners. Built ca 1860, it was later moved north of the four corners to Scarboro Street and Airport Road. Joseph B. Allen ...
    image     Airport Road and Scarboro Street. Originally the T. B. Allen Store which was located at Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS and was the first store at the Four Corners. Built ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Malcolm�s Store, Malton
    Malcolm�s Store, Malton
    image       Airport Road and Scarboro Street. Originally the T. B. Allen Store which was located at Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS and was the first store at the Four Corners. Built ca 1860, it was later moved north of the four corners to Scarboro Street and Airport Road. Joseph B. Allen ...
    image     Airport Road and Scarboro Street. Originally the T. B. Allen Store which was located at Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS and was the first store at the Four Corners. Built ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Malton Methodist Church
    Malton Methodist Church
    image       Burlington Street near Derry Road. Originally a frame building constructed in 1857 and later bricked over, it served as the Methodist Church till 1925, then as the Malton United Church till 1953 when the congregation moved to a new church on Airport Road.
    image     Burlington Street near Derry Road. Originally a frame building constructed in 1857 and later bricked over, it served as the Methodist Church till 1925, then as the Malton United Church ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Lewis family home,  Malton
    Lewis family home, Malton
    image       22 Scarboro Street. Lot 10, 11, Conc 5, 6. On the southwest corner of York and Scarboro Streets, north of Derry and Airport Roads. Built in the 1850s. Was the Lewis home until bought by Rev. Egan who renovated it for a rectory. Demolished in 1969.
    image     22 Scarboro Street. Lot 10, 11, Conc 5, 6. On the southwest corner of York and Scarboro Streets, north of Derry and Airport Roads. Built in the 1850s. Was the ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Calathumpian Parade, Malton
    Calathumpian Parade, Malton
    image       An annual event on the first Saturday in August, when horse drawn floats on farm wagons would parade through the village, followed by a picnic and sporting events. This lasted until 1914 and the beginning of the first World War.
    image     An annual event on the first Saturday in August, when horse drawn floats on farm wagons would parade through the village, followed by a picnic and sporting events. This lasted ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Malton Spring Fair Board, ca 1912
    Malton Spring Fair Board, ca 1912
    image       Unidentified members of the Board of the Malton Spring Fair, 1912.
    image     Unidentified members of the Board of the Malton Spring Fair, 1912.
    Mississauga Library System
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Groups
Item Types