Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 61 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups James Egan Collection  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • The City Hotel, London, Ontario
    The City Hotel, London, Ontario
    imagecomment  ca. 1895     The City Hotel, south-west corner of Dundas and Talbot Sts. Originally built 1865; extensive alterations and additions made in 1886. Left foreground, looking south on Talbot St. Right foreground, looking west on Dundas St., towards Ridout St. About 1895.
    imagecomment  ca. 1895   The City Hotel, south-west corner of Dundas and Talbot Sts. Originally built 1865; extensive alterations and additions made in 1886. Left foreground, looking south on Talbot St. Right foreground, looking ...
    London Public Library
  • Masonic Temple, London, Ontario
    Masonic Temple, London, Ontario
    imagecomment  ca.1890     Masonic Temple, north-west corner of King and Dundas Sts. Erected 1881. The building immediately to the north is the old City Hall on Richmond St., built in 1855.
    imagecomment  ca.1890   Masonic Temple, north-west corner of King and Dundas Sts. Erected 1881. The building immediately to the north is the old City Hall on Richmond St., built in 1855.
    London Public Library
  • John Campbell's Carriage Factory, London, Ontario
    John Campbell's Carriage Factory, London, Ontario
    image  ca. 1890     [John Campbell's Carriage factory south side King St., between Talbot and Ridout Sts. (See advertisement on opposite page.) Mr. Campbell was Mayor of London in 1872, 1880, 1881. About 1890.]
    image  ca. 1890   [John Campbell's Carriage factory south side King St., between Talbot and Ridout Sts. (See advertisement on opposite page.) Mr. Campbell was Mayor of London in 1872, 1880, 1881. About 1890.]
    London Public Library
  • Bowman & Co. Coal and Wood Yard, London, Ontario
    Bowman & Co. Coal and Wood Yard, London, Ontario
    image  ca. 1890     Bowman & Co. Coal and Wood yard, Bathurst St. See advertisement on opposite page. About 1890.
    image  ca. 1890   Bowman & Co. Coal and Wood yard, Bathurst St. See advertisement on opposite page. About 1890.
    London Public Library
  • W. Halle & Co's Piano Warehouse, London, Ontario
    W. Halle & Co's Piano Warehouse, London, Ontario
    imagemystery  ca. 1890     Interior view W. Halle & Co's piano warehouse, Masonic Temple building, north-west corner King and Dundas Sts. See advertisement on opposite page. About 1890.
    imagemystery  ca. 1890   Interior view W. Halle & Co's piano warehouse, Masonic Temple building, north-west corner King and Dundas Sts. See advertisement on opposite page. About 1890.
    London Public Library
  • Blackfriars Bridge, London, Ontario
    Blackfriars Bridge, London, Ontario
    image  ca. 1880     Blackfriars' Bridge, erected 187 . Looking north from the east bank of the river, at the foot of Ridout St. The frame building on the left of the bridge is on Blackfriars St., West London. Right background, Carling's Brewery. West London was known at this time as the village of ...
    image  ca. 1880   Blackfriars' Bridge, erected 187 . Looking north from the east bank of the river, at the foot of Ridout St. The frame building on the left of the bridge is ...
    London Public Library
  • Labatt Brewery, London, Ontario
    Labatt Brewery, London, Ontario
    imagemysterycomment  ca. 1870-1873     The Labatt Brewery, Simcoe Street, between Richmond and Talbot Streets, looking north from the river. The brewery was originally established on this location in 1828 by John Balkwill. Messrs. John K. Labatt and Samuel Eccles purchased the business in 1847. The row of houses in the left background is on ...
    imagemysterycomment  ca. 1870-1873   The Labatt Brewery, Simcoe Street, between Richmond and Talbot Streets, looking north from the river. The brewery was originally established on this location in 1828 by John Balkwill. Messrs. John ...
    London Public Library
  • Richmond Street, looking north, London, Ontario
    Richmond Street, looking north, London, Ontario
    image  ca. 1890     Richmond Street, looking north from the Tecumseh House (erected 1856) and the Grand Trunk Railway (now the C.N.R.) Station. On the left, a corner of the Tecumseh House; then the building occupied for years by the London Advertiser. The building with the mansard roof is the Masonic Temple, corner King ...
    image  ca. 1890   Richmond Street, looking north from the Tecumseh House (erected 1856) and the Grand Trunk Railway (now the C.N.R.) Station. On the left, a corner of the Tecumseh House; then the ...
    London Public Library
  • Fire Hall, London, Ontario
    Fire Hall, London, Ontario
    image  ca. 1889     [The Central Fire Hall on King St., between Richmond and Clarence Sts. Erected 1852, in the days of the volunteer fire companies. The board of five wardens, elected at that time, included Elijah Leonard, as chief engineer; William Rowland, second engineer, and James Cousins, third engineer. About 1889.]
    image  ca. 1889   [The Central Fire Hall on King St., between Richmond and Clarence Sts. Erected 1852, in the days of the volunteer fire companies. The board of five wardens, elected at that ...
    London Public Library
  • Grand Trunk Railway Depot, London, Ontario
    Grand Trunk Railway Depot, London, Ontario
    imagecomment  ca. 1890     The old Grand Trunk Railway station, Richmond St. Orig-[inally built as the London station of the Great Western Railway, when it entered London in 1853, it became the property of the Grand Trunk when the two railroads were amalgamated in 1882. The station was torn down in 19 and replaced ...
    imagecomment  ca. 1890   The old Grand Trunk Railway station, Richmond St. Orig-[inally built as the London station of the Great Western Railway, when it entered London in 1853, it became the property of ...
    London Public Library
  • Bank of British North America and Huron and Erie Savings and Loan Society, London, Ontario
    Bank of British North America and Huron and Erie Savings and Loan Society, London, Ontario
    image  ca. 1875     The Bank of British North America, south-east corner North St. (Queen's Ave.) and Richmond St. Erected 1856-7. Now (1939) occupied by the Bank of Montreal. To the right of the bank, the Huron and Erie Savings and Loan Society building, erected 1872; now occupied by the London Free Press. Photo ...
    image  ca. 1875   The Bank of British North America, south-east corner North St. (Queen's Ave.) and Richmond St. Erected 1856-7. Now (1939) occupied by the Bank of Montreal. To the right of the ...
    London Public Library
  • Atlantic Petroleum Works, London, Ontario
    Atlantic Petroleum Works, London, Ontario
    image  ca. 1875     The Atlantic Petroleum Works, Hamilton Road, about 1875. This refinery was established in 1866 by Herman and Isaac Waterman, when the oil business was at its height in London. The works covered four acres of ground.
    image  ca. 1875   The Atlantic Petroleum Works, Hamilton Road, about 1875. This refinery was established in 1866 by Herman and Isaac Waterman, when the oil business was at its height in London. The ...
    London Public Library
  • Carling's Brewery, London, Ontario
    Carling's Brewery, London, Ontario
    image  ca. 1875 - 1880     Carling's Brewery, Talbot Street, foot of Piccadilly Street. Established in 1843 by William and John (later Sir John)Carling. Originally located on the corner of Waterloo and Pall Mall Streets. About 1875-80.
    image  ca. 1875 - 1880   Carling's Brewery, Talbot Street, foot of Piccadilly Street. Established in 1843 by William and John (later Sir John)Carling. Originally located on the corner of Waterloo and Pall Mall Streets. About ...
    London Public Library
  • Dundas Street looking east from Talbot Street, London, Ontario
    Dundas Street looking east from Talbot Street, London, Ontario
    image  ca. 1871-1875     Dundas Street looking east from Talbot Street, about 1871-5. right foreground, present Bank of Toronto building, south-east corner, Dundas and Talbot Streets. In left foreground, third building, B.A. Mitchell's drug store, established 1846, known [as "Gothic Hall" still standing 1939.]
    image  ca. 1871-1875   Dundas Street looking east from Talbot Street, about 1871-5. right foreground, present Bank of Toronto building, south-east corner, Dundas and Talbot Streets. In left foreground, third building, B.A. Mitchell's drug ...
    London Public Library
  • W.L. Graham's Bon Ton Furnishing Emporium, London, Ontario
    W.L. Graham's Bon Ton Furnishing Emporium, London, Ontario
    image  ca. 1890     Interior view of W.L.Graham's Bon Ton Furnishing Emporium, 159 Dundas St. About 1890-5.
    image  ca. 1890   Interior view of W.L.Graham's Bon Ton Furnishing Emporium, 159 Dundas St. About 1890-5.
    London Public Library
  • The Custom House, London, Ontario
    The Custom House, London, Ontario
    image  ca. 1875     The Custom House, north-east corner Queen's Avenue and Richmond Street. Erected 1872. The spire of North Street(Queen's Avenue) Methodist Church in the left background. The concrete and iron fence shown here in front of the Custom House was later moved in front of St. Paul's Cathedral where it remains today. ...
    image  ca. 1875   The Custom House, north-east corner Queen's Avenue and Richmond Street. Erected 1872. The spire of North Street(Queen's Avenue) Methodist Church in the left background. The concrete and iron fence shown ...
    London Public Library
  • O.E. Brener Cigar Factory, London, Ontario
    O.E. Brener Cigar Factory, London, Ontario
    image  ca. 1890     O.E. Brener cigar factory, Ridout St., east side, north of King St. See advertisement, opposite page. This building was once known as Stansfield's Hotel, and during the '60s, was occupied by the Imperial troops, when London was a garrison town. About 1890.
    image  ca. 1890   O.E. Brener cigar factory, Ridout St., east side, north of King St. See advertisement, opposite page. This building was once known as Stansfield's Hotel, and during the '60s, was occupied ...
    London Public Library
  • Fire Hall, London, Ontario
    Fire Hall, London, Ontario
    image  ca. 1889     [The Central Fire Hall on King St., north side, near Clarence. Erected in 1852. Picture taken about 1889.]
    image  ca. 1889   [The Central Fire Hall on King St., north side, near Clarence. Erected in 1852. Picture taken about 1889.]
    London Public Library
  • Union School, London, Ontario
    Union School, London, Ontario
    image  ca. 1875     The old Central, or Union School, King St., between Waterloo and Colborne Sts. The block of land bounded by King, Waterloo, Colborne and York Sts. was purchased by the London Board of School Trustees in 1848, and the Union School erected thereon in 1849. After having served its purpose, the ...
    image  ca. 1875   The old Central, or Union School, King St., between Waterloo and Colborne Sts. The block of land bounded by King, Waterloo, Colborne and York Sts. was purchased by the London ...
    London Public Library
  • City Hospital, London, Ontario
    City Hospital, London, Ontario
    image  ca. 1875     The City Hospital, South Street (now Ottaway Ave.) Erected 1875, this building now (1939) forms the nucleus of the present Victoria Hospital. Before the erection of this building, the old military hospital on the barracks grounds (the present Victoria Park) was used as a city hospital.
    image  ca. 1875   The City Hospital, South Street (now Ottaway Ave.) Erected 1875, this building now (1939) forms the nucleus of the present Victoria Hospital. Before the erection of this building, the old ...
    London Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
Groups
Item Types
Years
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
Features
Creative Commons