Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 43 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Iona Station Women's Institute fonds  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Iona Station
    Iona Station
    image       Black and white postcard photograph showing Iona Station, ca. 1910. Iona came into being due to the establishment of the Canadian Southern Railway in 1872. Included in the Iona Station Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white postcard photograph showing Iona Station, ca. 1910. Iona came into being due to the establishment of the Canadian Southern Railway in 1872. Included in the Iona Station ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Pupils and parents of Iona School, S. S. No. 6 and No. 22
    Pupils and parents of Iona School, S. S. No. 6 and No. 22
    image       Black and white photograph of parents and pupils of S. S. No. 6 and 22, taken at the school picnic, ca. 1930. Included in the Iona Station Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph of parents and pupils of S. S. No. 6 and 22, taken at the school picnic, ca. 1930. Included in the Iona Station Women's Institute Tweedsmuir ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Iona Station Baptist Church Parsonage
    Iona Station Baptist Church Parsonage
    image       Black and white photograph of the Baptist Church Parsonage at Iona Station, ca. 1915. Included in the Iona Station Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph of the Baptist Church Parsonage at Iona Station, ca. 1915. Included in the Iona Station Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    Elgin County Archives
  • Iona Station School
    Iona Station School
    image       Black and white photograph of the Iona Station School in the winter of 1952. Included in the Iona Station Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph of the Iona Station School in the winter of 1952. Included in the Iona Station Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    Elgin County Archives
  • "Kelligrew"home
    "Kelligrew"home
    image       Black and white photograph of"Kelligrew", the country home for Dr. and Mrs. Crane. Later belonged to their nephew Arthur Crane. Sold in 1960 to Mr. and Mrs. McCallum. The house was originally built by Mr. John E. McCallum. Mrs. Crane died in 1952 and Dr. Crane made it his permanent ...
    image     Black and white photograph of"Kelligrew", the country home for Dr. and Mrs. Crane. Later belonged to their nephew Arthur Crane. Sold in 1960 to Mr. and Mrs. McCallum. The house ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • "Kelligrew"home
    "Kelligrew"home
    image       Black and white photograph of"Kelligrew", the country home for Dr. and Mrs. Crane. Later belonged to their nephew Arthur Crane. Sold in 1960 to Mr. and Mrs. McCallum. The house was originally built by Mr. John E. McCallum, son of Zacariah McCallum. Mrs. Crane died in 1952 and Dr. Crane ...
    image     Black and white photograph of"Kelligrew", the country home for Dr. and Mrs. Crane. Later belonged to their nephew Arthur Crane. Sold in 1960 to Mr. and Mrs. McCallum. The house ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • "Braithwood"farm
    "Braithwood"farm
    image       Black and white photograph of"Braithwood"farm, owned by the Gilchrist family. First purchased by John D. Gilchrist, his son James Gilchrist farmed until his death in 1918. His son John Duncan Gilchrist continued to farm the 125 acres, and added an additional 75 acres. John Duncan Gilchrist died in 1964.Included in ...
    image     Black and white photograph of"Braithwood"farm, owned by the Gilchrist family. First purchased by John D. Gilchrist, his son James Gilchrist farmed until his death in 1918. His son John Duncan ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • "Kerr Haven"Farm
    "Kerr Haven"Farm
    image       Black and white photograph of"Kerr Haven"farm, located on Shackleton Street, Iona Station. The property was aquired from the Crown by Henry Humphries in 1848. In 1891, Henry Humphries Jr. took over the farm and built the house. In 1909 the farm was sold to George Carroll, who in turn sold ...
    image     Black and white photograph of"Kerr Haven"farm, located on Shackleton Street, Iona Station. The property was aquired from the Crown by Henry Humphries in 1848. In 1891, Henry Humphries Jr. took ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Ardah McCallum Farm
    Ardah McCallum Farm
    image       Black and white photograph of Ardah McCallum farm. Ardah and J. C. McCallum, sons of John McCallum and Margaret Kerr lived on this farm. The house was built in 1874. Included in the Iona Station Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph of Ardah McCallum farm. Ardah and J. C. McCallum, sons of John McCallum and Margaret Kerr lived on this farm. The house was built in 1874. ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • "The Mapels"and Ross Family farm
    "The Mapels"and Ross Family farm
    image       Two black and white photographs show"The Maples"farm, lot 24, Concession A, Dunwich township.75a shows the farm house ca. 1960 and 75b shows the farm ca. 1890.This farm was originally purchased from the Crown by William and Isabella Ross in 1848. William and Isabella had three sons, William, Alex and James. ...
    image     Two black and white photographs show"The Maples"farm, lot 24, Concession A, Dunwich township.75a shows the farm house ca. 1960 and 75b shows the farm ca. 1890.This farm was originally purchased ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • "Kemridge"Farm
    "Kemridge"Farm
    image       Black and white photograph shows the"Kemridge"farm house, located on Part A and Part B, Concession South of A, Dunwich township. This farm was purchased from the Crown by the McLean family. Other owners include Mr. and Mrs. Leslie Kendall, Harvey Kendall and George Drum. Included in the Iona Station Women's ...
    image     Black and white photograph shows the"Kemridge"farm house, located on Part A and Part B, Concession South of A, Dunwich township. This farm was purchased from the Crown by the McLean ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Fermanagh Farm
    Fermanagh Farm
    image       Colour photograph of Fermanagh Farm, located at the corner of Shakleton and Cowal Sideroads. The two hundred acre farm was home to Mr. and Mrs. David E. Carroll at the time the photograph was taken. For a number of years the farm was known as Lodge Farm. John Lodge, a ...
    image     Colour photograph of Fermanagh Farm, located at the corner of Shakleton and Cowal Sideroads. The two hundred acre farm was home to Mr. and Mrs. David E. Carroll at the ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Mulligan Homestead
    Mulligan Homestead
    image       Black and white photographs of the Mulligan homestead. The 100 acre farm was first settled by Alexander Mulligan and his wife Mary Niles Mulligan in 1843. The farm was passed down from father to son, and in 1948, Harry Mulligan and Catherine McIntyre Mulligan were operating the farm. Included in ...
    image     Black and white photographs of the Mulligan homestead. The 100 acre farm was first settled by Alexander Mulligan and his wife Mary Niles Mulligan in 1843. The farm was passed ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Iona Station Railway Station
    Iona Station Railway Station
    image       Black and white photograph of the Iona Station Railway Station. Included in the Iona Station Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph of the Iona Station Railway Station. Included in the Iona Station Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    Elgin County Archives
  • Annual Reunion, Iona Station
    Annual Reunion, Iona Station
    image       Black and white photograph of the annual reunion held at Iona Station, September 4, 1922. The crowd is watching the ball game. Included in the Iona Station Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph of the annual reunion held at Iona Station, September 4, 1922. The crowd is watching the ball game. Included in the Iona Station Women's Institute Tweedsmuir ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Iona Station School Class Trip
    Iona Station School Class Trip
    image       Black and white photograph at an unidentified location. Students and adults are identified, left to right.First row: Russel and Shirley vd Dries, Cobi Veraart, Jim and Janice Hath, Norman Mac., Michael Kilmer, --, David Hath, Marjorie Kil.Second row: Jaas V., James MacP., Frank Aeressen, Ria V., Jeanette A., Arthur Mc., ...
    image     Black and white photograph at an unidentified location. Students and adults are identified, left to right.First row: Russel and Shirley vd Dries, Cobi Veraart, Jim and Janice Hath, Norman Mac., ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Emma&Jim; Pyatt's Home
    Emma&Jim Pyatt's Home
    image       Black and white photograph shows the home of Emma and Jim Pyatt in the winter of 1966. The Pyatt's purchased the home in July 1929 from Mrs. John Carroll. The home is located at PL 156, Block C, lots 1 and 2, Carleton Street, Iona Station. Included in the Iona ...
    image     Black and white photograph shows the home of Emma and Jim Pyatt in the winter of 1966. The Pyatt's purchased the home in July 1929 from Mrs. John Carroll. The ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Iona Station School, Dunwich SS No 6 and Southwold SS No 22
    Iona Station School, Dunwich SS No 6 and Southwold SS No 22
    image       Black and white photograph shows students and teacher in front of the school at Iona Station. Named SS No 6 Dunwich and SS No 22 Southwold, the school built in 1879 served students from both townships until 1967.Back row: George Milligan, Harodl Dundas, George Elliot, Harold Dell, Carl McBride, Jim ...
    image     Black and white photograph shows students and teacher in front of the school at Iona Station. Named SS No 6 Dunwich and SS No 22 Southwold, the school built in ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • Iona Station School, SS No 6 Reunion
    Iona Station School, SS No 6 Reunion
    image       Colour photograph shows former students gathered at a school reunion for SS No 6. The school built in 1879 served students unntil 1967. Included in the Iona Station Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Colour photograph shows former students gathered at a school reunion for SS No 6. The school built in 1879 served students unntil 1967. Included in the Iona Station Women's Institute ...
    Elgin County Archives
  • View from the Milton Home, Iona Station
    View from the Milton Home, Iona Station
    image       Black and white photograph shows a view out towards the road from the Milton home. James Milton and Boots Dundas are shoveling snow. Included in the Iona Station Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
    image     Black and white photograph shows a view out towards the road from the Milton home. James Milton and Boots Dundas are shoveling snow. Included in the Iona Station Women's Institute ...
    Elgin County Archives
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
  • Location unidentified (43)
Groups