Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 89 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Heritage Resource Inventory/ LACAC  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 496 Walkers Line, 1990
    496 Walkers Line, 1990
    image  April 1990,     Walkers Line is named after the family descended from William Walker (1743 - 1819), a United Empire Loyalist who came to Canada in 1796 with nine of his ten children, after his 800-acre farm property in North Carolina had been confiscated. His descendents prospered as pioneer farmers settled in the ...
    image  April 1990,   Walkers Line is named after the family descended from William Walker (1743 - 1819), a United Empire Loyalist who came to Canada in 1796 with nine of his ten children, ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 1264 Lemonville Road, Aldershot, 1992
    1264 Lemonville Road, Aldershot, 1992
    image  1992,     Two generations of the family of Charles Lemon (1863-1923) lived at 1264 Lemonville Road after 1888, following the purchase by Wm. Thomas Lemon (1833-1926) and Mary (Budge) Lemon (1837-1907) of Beverly Township, Lynden, Ontario, of 84 to 86 acres of farmland on "the Plains" -- a plateau on the West ...
    image  1992,   Two generations of the family of Charles Lemon (1863-1923) lived at 1264 Lemonville Road after 1888, following the purchase by Wm. Thomas Lemon (1833-1926) and Mary (Budge) Lemon (1837-1907) of ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 1382 Lemonville Road, Aldershot, 1992
    1382 Lemonville Road, Aldershot, 1992
    image  1992,     Two generations of the Allan Lemon family lived at 1382 Lemonville Road after 1895. Wm. Thomas Lemon (1833-1926) and Mary (Budge) Lemon (1837-1907) of Beverly Township, Lynden, Ontario, purchased from Joseph Hancock in 1881, for $5,500, 84 to 86 acres of farmland on "the Plains" -- a plateau on the ...
    image  1992,   Two generations of the Allan Lemon family lived at 1382 Lemonville Road after 1895. Wm. Thomas Lemon (1833-1926) and Mary (Budge) Lemon (1837-1907) of Beverly Township, Lynden, Ontario, purchased from ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 1382 Lemonville Road, Aldershot, 1992
    1382 Lemonville Road, Aldershot, 1992
    image  1992,     Two generations of the Allan Lemon family lived at 1382 Lemonville Road after 1895. Wm. Thomas Lemon (1833-1926) and Mary (Budge) Lemon (1837-1907) of Beverly Township, Lynden, Ontario, purchased from Joseph Hancock in 1881, for $5,500, 84 to 86 acres of farmland on "the Plains" -- a plateau on the ...
    image  1992,   Two generations of the Allan Lemon family lived at 1382 Lemonville Road after 1895. Wm. Thomas Lemon (1833-1926) and Mary (Budge) Lemon (1837-1907) of Beverly Township, Lynden, Ontario, purchased from ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 2109 New Street, 1998
    2109 New Street, 1998
    image  1998,     Deatil
    image  1998,   Deatil
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 437 Elizabeth Street, 1978
    437 Elizabeth Street, 1978
    image  15 March 1978,     Raymond Stuart Carter, a member of LACAC in 1978, was partner in the firm CarterChamberlain, ArchitectsPlanners of the Village Square development in 1977. He died in May 1981.
    image  15 March 1978,   Raymond Stuart Carter, a member of LACAC in 1978, was partner in the firm CarterChamberlain, ArchitectsPlanners of the Village Square development in 1977. He died in May 1981.
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 546 Burlington Avenue,  2008
    546 Burlington Avenue, 2008
    image  August 2008,     Digital image.Built in 1910 by James Harrison for Dr Robert James Husband, a dentist, who according to the 25 December 1907 issue of Gazette had sold his farm on Maple Avenue, "one of the finest fruit farms in the district" to George Thorpe.16 June 1910 Gazette:As a further result of ...
    image  August 2008,   Digital image.Built in 1910 by James Harrison for Dr Robert James Husband, a dentist, who according to the 25 December 1907 issue of Gazette had sold his farm on Maple ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Barn, 496 Walkers Line, 1992
    Barn, 496 Walkers Line, 1992
    image  1992,    
    image  1992,  
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 539 Hager Avenue, 2012
    539 Hager Avenue, 2012
    image  2012,     Digital image
    image  2012,   Digital image
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 539 Hager Avenue, 1990
    539 Hager Avenue, 1990
    image  May 1990,     Viewed from the north-east, before the addition.
    image  May 1990,   Viewed from the north-east, before the addition.
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 532 Hager Avenue, 1990
    532 Hager Avenue, 1990
    image  May 1990,     East elevation, before the severance of the south side of the property.
    image  May 1990,   East elevation, before the severance of the south side of the property.
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 525 Hager Avenue, 1990
    525 Hager Avenue, 1990
    image  May 1990,     Heritage District study, 2004: "vernacular Edwardian house ... has been so reworked that its heritage qualities are unlikely tobe recoverable."It was torn down and replaced in 2007. See later image.This double lot was sold in 1910 to Colburn Gilliam, who built this house for John Clarkson Sinclair, retired, and his ...
    image  May 1990,   Heritage District study, 2004: "vernacular Edwardian house ... has been so reworked that its heritage qualities are unlikely tobe recoverable."It was torn down and replaced in 2007. See later image.This ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 537 Clark Avenue, view from  the back lane, 1990
    537 Clark Avenue, view from the back lane, 1990
    image  May 1990,     This was part of a double lot sold to George Pearse and his wife, whose house was built on the other lot at 533. In 1923 this lot was sold to Thomas Page, whose house was at 539. P age took a mortgage to build this house and sold it ...
    image  May 1990,   This was part of a double lot sold to George Pearse and his wife, whose house was built on the other lot at 533. In 1923 this lot was sold ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 537 Clark Avenue, 1990
    537 Clark Avenue, 1990
    image  May 1990,     This was part of a double lot sold to George Pearse and his wife, whose house was built on the other lot at 533. In 1923 this lot was sold to Thomas Page, whose house was at 539. P age took a mortgage to build this house and sold it ...
    image  May 1990,   This was part of a double lot sold to George Pearse and his wife, whose house was built on the other lot at 533. In 1923 this lot was sold ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 2080 Kilbride Street, December 2012
    2080 Kilbride Street, December 2012
    image  December 2012,     Digital image.A Christmas greeting from Ruth and Don Taylor:"Just a short update on 2080 Kilbride Street - there is a new roof on the two story section, a new gas furnace installed, a new water line from the well and many, many piles of junk removed from the property. It ...
    image  December 2012,   Digital image.A Christmas greeting from Ruth and Don Taylor:"Just a short update on 2080 Kilbride Street - there is a new roof on the two story section, a new gas ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Fairfield School,
    Fairfield School,
    image      
    image    
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 1131 Lockhart Road, 1992
    1131 Lockhart Road, 1992
    imagecomment  March 1992,     Built in 1914 for George and Myrtle (?) Willey. Damaged by fire and demolished ca 1995.
    imagecomment  March 1992,   Built in 1914 for George and Myrtle (?) Willey. Damaged by fire and demolished ca 1995.
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 155 Panin Road, ca 1993
    155 Panin Road, ca 1993
    imagecomment  ca 1993,     According to the assessment rolls, both houses at 151 and 155 Panin Road were built ca 1880. The 1875 Wentworth Atlas shows the property as owned by J. B. Townsend , but this seems to be an error. Thomas Brooke Townsend bought the property after the last Applegarth son left ...
    imagecomment  ca 1993,   According to the assessment rolls, both houses at 151 and 155 Panin Road were built ca 1880. The 1875 Wentworth Atlas shows the property as owned by J. B. Townsend ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 528 Hurd avenue, south elevation, 1990
    528 Hurd avenue, south elevation, 1990
    image  November 1990,     Detail of image.
    image  November 1990,   Detail of image.
    Burlington Historical Society
  • 558 Burlington Avenue, 2012
    558 Burlington Avenue, 2012
    image  July 2012,     Digital image.Built between 1915 and 1924 by George Hope.Cosmetic improvements - repainted trim and reroofing with scalloped asphalt shingles - were recognized by a Heritage Award in 1997.Heritage District Study, 2004: " craftsman cottgae. The house and the front garden wall are of moraine stone, giving a unique charm that ...
    image  July 2012,   Digital image.Built between 1915 and 1924 by George Hope.Cosmetic improvements - repainted trim and reroofing with scalloped asphalt shingles - were recognized by a Heritage Award in 1997.Heritage District Study, ...
    Burlington Historical Society
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results