Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 75 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Harold Hare Collection  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Port Credit Harbour
    Port Credit Harbour
    image       A view across the harbour in Port Credit. This is where stonehookers would be outfitted for the coming season, and also where schooners would pull in to unload their cargoes of grain. From the Harold Hare Collection.
    image     A view across the harbour in Port Credit. This is where stonehookers would be outfitted for the coming season, and also where schooners would pull in to unload their cargoes ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Port Credit Harbour, the "Lillian"
    Port Credit Harbour, the "Lillian"
    image       One of the last of the stonehookers, the "Lillian", was brought to Port Credit in the 1870s and rebuilt twice, the last time by Captain Abram Block and John Miller who replaced her bow. In 1926 she was at the end of her usefulness and was laid up with her ...
    image     One of the last of the stonehookers, the "Lillian", was brought to Port Credit in the 1870s and rebuilt twice, the last time by Captain Abram Block and John Miller ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Fisherman's Shed, Port Credit
    Fisherman's Shed, Port Credit
    image       A fisherman's shed, owned by George and Robert Corey, situated on the east bank of the Credit River. From the Harold Hare Collection.
    image     A fisherman's shed, owned by George and Robert Corey, situated on the east bank of the Credit River. From the Harold Hare Collection.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Lakeshore, Port Credit
    Lakeshore, Port Credit
    image       A view of the Port Credit lakeshore looking west. The fence in the background is around Abram Block's house. In the far background is the pier of the Port Credit Brickyard and a boarding house. From the Harold Hare Collection.
    image     A view of the Port Credit lakeshore looking west. The fence in the background is around Abram Block's house. In the far background is the pier of the Port Credit ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Port Credit Lighthouse and Harbour
    Port Credit Lighthouse and Harbour
    image       A view of the lakeshore looking towards the Port Credit Lighthouse. According to Kathleen Hicks' account in "Port Credit: Past to Present", the Department of Marine and Fisheries supervised the building of a lighthouse in 1882. This was a 36 foot high white frame building with a wooden crib, which ...
    image     A view of the lakeshore looking towards the Port Credit Lighthouse. According to Kathleen Hicks' account in "Port Credit: Past to Present", the Department of Marine and Fisheries supervised the ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Port Credit Harbour
    Port Credit Harbour
    image       A view of Stephen Peer�s sunken stonehooker, the "Madeleine", and the two-lane high arched concrete highway bridge in Port Credit, which was built in 1919 to replace the iron bridge built in 1895. The concrete bridge was nearly washed out during Hurricane Hazel in 1954. Seymour Wilcox is in the ...
    image     A view of Stephen Peer�s sunken stonehooker, the "Madeleine", and the two-lane high arched concrete highway bridge in Port Credit, which was built in 1919 to replace the iron bridge ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Port Credit Lighthouse and Pier
    Port Credit Lighthouse and Pier
    image       A view of the lakeshore looking towards the Port Credit Lighthouse. According to Kathleen Hicks' account in "Port Credit: Past to Present", the Department of Marine and Fisheries supervised the building of a lighthouse in 1882. This was a 36 foot high white frame building with a wooden crib, which ...
    image     A view of the lakeshore looking towards the Port Credit Lighthouse. According to Kathleen Hicks' account in "Port Credit: Past to Present", the Department of Marine and Fisheries supervised the ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Port Credit Harbour
    Port Credit Harbour
    image       Photograph taken from across the Credit River, showing the stonehookers "Madeleine" and "Newsboy", the latter owned by Joe Block and Louis and Jim Naish. From the Harold Hare Collection.
    image     Photograph taken from across the Credit River, showing the stonehookers "Madeleine" and "Newsboy", the latter owned by Joe Block and Louis and Jim Naish. From the Harold Hare Collection.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Main Street Bridge, Port Credit
    Main Street Bridge, Port Credit
    image       A view of the Main Street Bridge, also known as the Old Iron Bridge. The Iron Bridge was built in 1895 by Peterboro BridgeEngineering Company to replace two former wooden trestle bridges which had been destroyed in a storm. This bridge was itself replaced by a two-lane high-arched concrete bridge ...
    image     A view of the Main Street Bridge, also known as the Old Iron Bridge. The Iron Bridge was built in 1895 by Peterboro BridgeEngineering Company to replace two former wooden ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Main Street West, Port Credit
    Main Street West, Port Credit
    image       Main Street in Port Credit, also known as the Lakeshore Highway, looking west. On the left is Hamilton's store. According to Kathleen Hicks's book, "Port Credit: Past to Present", it was the first road to be cemented in Canada, in 1914. The Toronto and Mimico Radial Railway ran along the ...
    image     Main Street in Port Credit, also known as the Lakeshore Highway, looking west. On the left is Hamilton's store. According to Kathleen Hicks's book, "Port Credit: Past to Present", it ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Port Credit Lighthouse
    Port Credit Lighthouse
    image       A view of the lakeshore looking towards the Port Credit Lighthouse. According to Kathleen Hicks' account in "Port Credit: Past to Present", the Department of Marine and Fisheries supervised the building of a lighthouse in 1882. This was a 36 foot high white frame building with a wooden crib, which ...
    image     A view of the lakeshore looking towards the Port Credit Lighthouse. According to Kathleen Hicks' account in "Port Credit: Past to Present", the Department of Marine and Fisheries supervised the ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Port Credit Harbour
    Port Credit Harbour
    image       A view of the harbour, looking west from the Post Office. From the Harold Hare Collection.
    image     A view of the harbour, looking west from the Post Office. From the Harold Hare Collection.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Port Credit Harbour
    Port Credit Harbour
    image       Port Credit Harbour, showing the east bank of the Credit River. This is where stonehookers would be outfitted for the coming season, and also where schooners would pull in to unload their cargoes of grain. From the Harold Hare Collection.
    image     Port Credit Harbour, showing the east bank of the Credit River. This is where stonehookers would be outfitted for the coming season, and also where schooners would pull in to ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Schooner, Port Credit
    Schooner, Port Credit
    image       A schooner in the Port Credit Harbour. From the Harold Hare Collection.
    image     A schooner in the Port Credit Harbour. From the Harold Hare Collection.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Port Credit Harbour
    Port Credit Harbour
    image       A view of the Port Credit Harbour, looking west. The Port Credit Lighthouse is to the extreme left of the picture. In the background, on the left, is the smokestack of St. Lawrence Starch Company, while to the right are the chimneys of the refinery. From the Harold Hare Collection.
    image     A view of the Port Credit Harbour, looking west. The Port Credit Lighthouse is to the extreme left of the picture. In the background, on the left, is the smokestack ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Port Credit Harbour
    Port Credit Harbour
    image       A view of the Port Credit Harbour, looking west, showing stonehookers moored there. From the Harold Hare Collection.
    image     A view of the Port Credit Harbour, looking west, showing stonehookers moored there. From the Harold Hare Collection.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Wilbur House, Port Credit
    Wilbur House, Port Credit
    image       Situated at the mouth of the Credit River on the east bank, the Wilbur House was located near the Government Inn. Built in 1847 by Robert Lynd, who had lived in the Government Inn until it was torn down, it was originally called the Commercial Hotel. Lynd initially leased out ...
    image     Situated at the mouth of the Credit River on the east bank, the Wilbur House was located near the Government Inn. Built in 1847 by Robert Lynd, who had lived ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Lakeview Inn, Port Credit
    Lakeview Inn, Port Credit
    image       Conc 3 SDS, Lot 17. Built for A. Wilbur in 1912 on the same property as the Wilbur House which was demolished in 1913. The Lakeview Inn was damaged by three fires. The last, on August 8, 1964, when the hotel was known as the Le Surf, made it unsafe ...
    image     Conc 3 SDS, Lot 17. Built for A. Wilbur in 1912 on the same property as the Wilbur House which was demolished in 1913. The Lakeview Inn was damaged by ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Wilcox Inn, Port Credit
    Wilcox Inn, Port Credit
    image       32 Front Street South. Plan 300-W, Pt. 12. Built in the late 1840s by James Wilcox and used as a hotel for some years, until the building of the Great Western Railway between Toronto and Hamilton, and the 1855 fire in Port Credit, as a result of which, much of ...
    image     32 Front Street South. Plan 300-W, Pt. 12. Built in the late 1840s by James Wilcox and used as a hotel for some years, until the building of the Great ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Helene Street, Port Credit
    Helene Street, Port Credit
    image       A view of Helene Street, looking south. On the left is Hare's Horse Stable. On the right is the Naish residence and beyond it is Joe Block's house. Kane's Blacksmith Shop is in the distance. From the Harold Hare Collection.
    image     A view of Helene Street, looking south. On the left is Hare's Horse Stable. On the right is the Naish residence and beyond it is Joe Block's house. Kane's Blacksmith ...
    Mississauga Library System
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results