Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 126 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Cooksville Scrapbook  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Mary Caroline Langdon, Cooksville
    Mary Caroline Langdon, Cooksville
    image       Mary Caroline Cook, the daughter of Jacob Cook and Anna Cook, wife of Henry Langdon, and mother-in-law of George McClelland, on the steps of the McClelland house. She was born in 1826 and lived to the age of 101, and is buried in Dixie Union Cemetery
    image     Mary Caroline Cook, the daughter of Jacob Cook and Anna Cook, wife of Henry Langdon, and mother-in-law of George McClelland, on the steps of the McClelland house. She was born ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Moody/Trachsler House, Cooksville
    Moody/Trachsler House, Cooksville
    image       174 King Street East. Plan A27, pt. Blk A. Probably built about 1830, it is also known as the Manners House. It was sold by William Moodie in 1893 to Elizabeth Edwards, and bought in 1927 by Mr. Trachsler. As of April 2007 ownership was listed under the late Alice ...
    image     174 King Street East. Plan A27, pt. Blk A. Probably built about 1830, it is also known as the Manners House. It was sold by William Moodie in 1893 to ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Moody/Trachsler House, Cooksville
    Moody/Trachsler House, Cooksville
    image       174 King Street East. Plan A27, pt. Blk A. Probably built about 1830, it is also known as the Manners House. It was sold by William Moodie in 1893 to Elizabeth Edwards, and bought in 1927 by Mr. Trachsler. As of April 2007 ownership was listed under the late Alice ...
    image     174 King Street East. Plan A27, pt. Blk A. Probably built about 1830, it is also known as the Manners House. It was sold by William Moodie in 1893 to ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Ethel Burrow�s Store, Cooksville
    Ethel Burrow�s Store, Cooksville
    image       Mrs Ethel Burrow's store, located at the corner of Ogden and Dundas Streets. Ethel Burrows was the wife of Charles Burrows, whose fathe;r, William Burrows, sold bread and cakes for the Canada Bread Company from his two-horse wagon in Cooksville and area. Photo shows Mrs. Burrows and her son, Leslie, ...
    image     Mrs Ethel Burrow's store, located at the corner of Ogden and Dundas Streets. Ethel Burrows was the wife of Charles Burrows, whose fathe;r, William Burrows, sold bread and cakes for ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Cooksville Post Office, 1910
    Cooksville Post Office, 1910
    image       This building was the home of Herbert Henry Shaver at the corner of Cook and Dundas Streets. Shaver was appointed postmaster on October 16, 1898 and operated the post office out of his house. The first postmaster, J. H. Savigny, had been appointed about 1837. After him several others had ...
    image     This building was the home of Herbert Henry Shaver at the corner of Cook and Dundas Streets. Shaver was appointed postmaster on October 16, 1898 and operated the post office ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • River scene, Cooksville
    River scene, Cooksville
    image       Most likely a photograph of Cooksville Creek, possibly from a postcard.
    image     Most likely a photograph of Cooksville Creek, possibly from a postcard.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Philip Pardy's Harness Shop, Cooksville
    Philip Pardy's Harness Shop, Cooksville
    image       Philip Pardy, shown here on the left in this photo, was born in Somerset, England, in 1851 and came to Canada in 1875, settling first in Oakville, where he had an uncle who was a harness maker. He married Jemima Flewelling, of Oakville, in 1882, and moved with his family ...
    image     Philip Pardy, shown here on the left in this photo, was born in Somerset, England, in 1851 and came to Canada in 1875, settling first in Oakville, where he had ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Cooksville Public School teachers
    Cooksville Public School teachers
    image       Photo shows three unidentified teachers standing outside Cooksville School.
    image     Photo shows three unidentified teachers standing outside Cooksville School.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Cooksville Four Corners
    Cooksville Four Corners
    image       The photo shows the Revere House (Hotel) and across the street, the Cooksville Inn, sometime in the 1900s. Cooksville School is in the background.
    image     The photo shows the Revere House (Hotel) and across the street, the Cooksville Inn, sometime in the 1900s. Cooksville School is in the background.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Cooksville Public School
    Cooksville Public School
    image       This was the first Cooksville Public School, built in 1873, before expansion in 1919. By 1919 it was decided that a bigger school was needed, so the current school was built in 1920, and additions made in 1922, 1925, 1948 and 1951. The school was closed in June 1978 and ...
    image     This was the first Cooksville Public School, built in 1873, before expansion in 1919. By 1919 it was decided that a bigger school was needed, so the current school was ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Cooksville Public School
    Cooksville Public School
    image       This was the first Cooksville Public School, built in 1873, before expansion in 1919. By 1919 it was decided that a bigger school was needed, so the current school was built in 1920, and additions made in 1922, 1925, 1948 and 1951. The school was closed in June 1978 and ...
    image     This was the first Cooksville Public School, built in 1873, before expansion in 1919. By 1919 it was decided that a bigger school was needed, so the current school was ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Tolman's market, Cooksville
    Tolman's market, Cooksville
    image       Dundas Street East, on the south side, at the corner of Edenhurst.. Photograph also shows Colwell House.
    image     Dundas Street East, on the south side, at the corner of Edenhurst.. Photograph also shows Colwell House.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Tolman house, Cooksville
    Tolman house, Cooksville
    image       The Tolman house was originally located on the corner of Agnes Street and Cyrus Street. Built in 1875, many alterations were made to the house, which was demolished in 1989. Previously listed on the Heritage Inventory.
    image     The Tolman house was originally located on the corner of Agnes Street and Cyrus Street. Built in 1875, many alterations were made to the house, which was demolished in 1989. ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Cooksville School fair
    Cooksville School fair
    image       Photograph shows Cooksville Public School teachers, Miss Jermyn and Miss Fligg, with a group at the school fair.
    image     Photograph shows Cooksville Public School teachers, Miss Jermyn and Miss Fligg, with a group at the school fair.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Miss Goldthorpe's class, Cooksville Creek
    Miss Goldthorpe's class, Cooksville Creek
    image       Miss Goldthorpe�s class from Cooksville Public School paddle in Cooksville Creek, ca 1911
    image     Miss Goldthorpe�s class from Cooksville Public School paddle in Cooksville Creek, ca 1911
    Mississauga Library System
  • Price Homestead, Cooksville
    Price Homestead, Cooksville
    image       The house was built by John Charters Price in the 1880s at the east end of his property on the Dundas Highway, just clear of the flats. John Charters Price (1826-1917) was the son of Colonel Samuel Price, Jr. (1799-1891) and his wife, Mary Hawkins. Samuel, Jr., the first Reeve ...
    image     The house was built by John Charters Price in the 1880s at the east end of his property on the Dundas Highway, just clear of the flats. John Charters Price ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Teachers at the Cooksville Fair
    Teachers at the Cooksville Fair
    image       Cooksville teachers, Miss Jermyn and Miss Fligg, with Mr. Hodge and Mr. Whalley at the Cooksville Fair, ca 1900.
    image     Cooksville teachers, Miss Jermyn and Miss Fligg, with Mr. Hodge and Mr. Whalley at the Cooksville Fair, ca 1900.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Kee farm, Cooksville
    Kee farm, Cooksville
    image       Originally located at the southwest corner of Burnhamthorpe Road West and Hurontario Street, at Conc 1 NDS, Lot 16 pt N�. This branch of the Kee family was originally from County Down, Ireland. Built ca 1840. Demolished.
    image     Originally located at the southwest corner of Burnhamthorpe Road West and Hurontario Street, at Conc 1 NDS, Lot 16 pt N�. This branch of the Kee family was originally from ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Walterhouse residence, Cooksville
    Walterhouse residence, Cooksville
    image       The Walterhouse home, on the "back street". It belonged to Frank Walterhouse and was demolished in 1981.
    image     The Walterhouse home, on the "back street". It belonged to Frank Walterhouse and was demolished in 1981.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Ward�s Drug Store, (Revere Building), Cooksville
    Ward�s Drug Store, (Revere Building), Cooksville
    image       Probably built about 1840 as the Walterhouse family home, it was later run as a hotel by Edway Walterhouse. It later became the Union Bank, Alfred Ward�s Rexall Drug Store, then a jewellery store, a men�s wear shop, and a beauty salon. The building was demolished in 1974 to make ...
    image     Probably built about 1840 as the Walterhouse family home, it was later run as a hotel by Edway Walterhouse. It later became the Union Bank, Alfred Ward�s Rexall Drug Store, ...
    Mississauga Library System
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Groups
Item Types