Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 40 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Barnett Scrapbook volume 5  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Second No. 5 School, Clarkson
    Second No. 5 School, Clarkson
    image       The second no. 5 school was built 1873 at the northeast corner of Lot 31, Conc 2 SDS. It was demolished around 1958. The first no. 5 school was located at the northwest corner of Lot 31. The first minutes of the school that have survived are for 1855, but ...
    image     The second no. 5 school was built 1873 at the northeast corner of Lot 31, Conc 2 SDS. It was demolished around 1958. The first no. 5 school was located ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Class of 1905, Clarkson S. S. No. 5
    Class of 1905, Clarkson S. S. No. 5
    image       The second school house, built about 1875. The original S. S. no. 5, then located on the northwest corner of Lot 31,Conc 2 SDS, may have been built about 1826. When this building fell into disrepair it was decided to build a second school house on the northeast corner of ...
    image     The second school house, built about 1875. The original S. S. no. 5, then located on the northwest corner of Lot 31,Conc 2 SDS, may have been built about 1826. ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • School Class, 1905, Clarkson S. S. No. 5
    School Class, 1905, Clarkson S. S. No. 5
    image       The second school house, built about 1875. The original S. S. no. 5, then located on the northwest corner of Lot 31,Conc 2 SDS, may have been built about 1826. When this building fell into disrepair it was decided to build a second school house on the northeast corner of ...
    image     The second school house, built about 1875. The original S. S. no. 5, then located on the northwest corner of Lot 31,Conc 2 SDS, may have been built about 1826. ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Second No. 5 School Class, Clarkson
    Second No. 5 School Class, Clarkson
    image       L to R: back row (1st row): E. Osman, G. Shaver, ? Horne, G. Terry, V. Harker, Marie Clarkson, B. Harker. 2nd row: R. Greeniaus, Tom Cavan, Charlie Browne, Bert Terry, A Gibson, G. Wilkins, Roy Bourne, B. Shaver, G. Manley. 3rd row: P. Dennison, L. Dennison, M. Osman, M. ...
    image     L to R: back row (1st row): E. Osman, G. Shaver, ? Horne, G. Terry, V. Harker, Marie Clarkson, B. Harker. 2nd row: R. Greeniaus, Tom Cavan, Charlie Browne, Bert ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Class Picture, Clarkson S. S. no. 5
    Class Picture, Clarkson S. S. no. 5
    image       The second school house, built about 1875. The original S. S. no. 5, then located on the northwest corner of Lot 31,Conc 2 SDS, may have been built about 1826. When this building fell into disrepair it was decided to build a second school house on the northeast corner of ...
    image     The second school house, built about 1875. The original S. S. no. 5, then located on the northwest corner of Lot 31,Conc 2 SDS, may have been built about 1826. ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Second No. 5 School Class, Clarkson
    Second No. 5 School Class, Clarkson
    image       The second school house, built about 1875. The original S. S. no. 5, then located on the northwest corner of Lot 31,Conc 2 SDS, may have been built about 1826. When this building fell into disrepair it was decided to build a second school house on the northeast corner of ...
    image     The second school house, built about 1875. The original S. S. no. 5, then located on the northwest corner of Lot 31,Conc 2 SDS, may have been built about 1826. ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Second Clarkson S. S. no. 5
    Second Clarkson S. S. no. 5
    image       The second Clarkson S. S. no. 5, known as the Little Red School House, later called Hillcrest Public School. The second school was built in 1875 and demolished about 1958 to allow the construction of the Southdown /Erin Mills Parkway exit on the QEW.
    image     The second Clarkson S. S. no. 5, known as the Little Red School House, later called Hillcrest Public School. The second school was built in 1875 and demolished about 1958 ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • First Clarkson S. S. No. 6
    First Clarkson S. S. No. 6
    image       This is probably the first school built in the township, and was located about 3� miles south of the little Red School House. It was later named No. 6 Toronto Township, and after that Clarkson School, or Clarkson School South. No. 6 has changed site and buildings often. According to ...
    image     This is probably the first school built in the township, and was located about 3� miles south of the little Red School House. It was later named No. 6 Toronto ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Third No. 6 School
    Third No. 6 School
    image       This is probably the first school built in the township, and was located about 3� miles south of the little Red School House. It was later named No. 6 Toronto Township, and after that Clarkson School, or Clarkson School South. No. 6 has changed site and buildings often. According to ...
    image     This is probably the first school built in the township, and was located about 3� miles south of the little Red School House. It was later named No. 6 Toronto ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Clarkson United Church
    Clarkson United Church
    image       Carman Methodist Church was the second Methodist church built in Clarkson, in 1875, on land donated by Margaret Vail Merigold, the wife of the late Daniel Merigold. It was located on Lakeshore Road at the corner of Clarkson Road South, and named for Bishop Albert Carman of the Methodist Episcopal ...
    image     Carman Methodist Church was the second Methodist church built in Clarkson, in 1875, on land donated by Margaret Vail Merigold, the wife of the late Daniel Merigold. It was located ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Fourth No. 6 School, Construction, Clarkson
    Fourth No. 6 School, Construction, Clarkson
    image       In 1917 work was begun on the fourth No. 6 school, a square 2-storey brick building. Three rooms were used for the school, and the Womens Institute used the other rooms for years.
    image     In 1917 work was begun on the fourth No. 6 school, a square 2-storey brick building. Three rooms were used for the school, and the Womens Institute used the other ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • First No. 6 School Class, Clarkson
    First No. 6 School Class, Clarkson
    image       Children in photo are not identified.
    image     Children in photo are not identified.
    Mississauga Library System
  • No. 6 Public School Class, Clarkson
    No. 6 Public School Class, Clarkson
    image       Only a few of the people in this photograph have been identified. Teacher, Mrs. Harthier. Florence Slacer in top row. Agnes Hodgetts, Edith Pengilley in third row. Everett Slacer, Ken Slacer, Jack Orr, ? Cordingly, Bill Slade, second row. Bill Harris, Alfred Adamson, Hugh Orr, Harold Harris, Allen Adamson, bottom ...
    image     Only a few of the people in this photograph have been identified. Teacher, Mrs. Harthier. Florence Slacer in top row. Agnes Hodgetts, Edith Pengilley in third row. Everett Slacer, Ken ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • No. 6 Clarkson Public School Class
    No. 6 Clarkson Public School Class
    image       Only three of the children in this photograph have been identified: Myrtle Speck, Mary Adamson (in white), Pearl Slacer, below Myrtle Speck.
    image     Only three of the children in this photograph have been identified: Myrtle Speck, Mary Adamson (in white), Pearl Slacer, below Myrtle Speck.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Fourth No. 6 School, Clarkson, 1917
    Fourth No. 6 School, Clarkson, 1917
    image       This was probably the first school built in the township, and was located about 3� miles south of the little Red School House. It was later named No. 6 Toronto Township, and after that Clarkson School, or Clarkson School South. No. 6 has changed site and buildings often. This is ...
    image     This was probably the first school built in the township, and was located about 3� miles south of the little Red School House. It was later named No. 6 Toronto ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Annie M. Hall, Principal,Clarkson Public School
    Annie M. Hall, Principal,Clarkson Public School
    image       Annie M. Hall was the principal of Clarkson School Number 6 for many years. She had graduated from Hamilton Normal School in 1918 and came to Clarkson to take up the principal's position in 1924. She retired in 1970.
    image     Annie M. Hall was the principal of Clarkson School Number 6 for many years. She had graduated from Hamilton Normal School in 1918 and came to Clarkson to take up ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Clarkson No. 6 School, Field Day, 1925
    Clarkson No. 6 School, Field Day, 1925
    image       The following newspaper excerpt is from the Barnett Scrapbook, vol. 5: Clarkson School S. S. No. 6, 'Toronto Township, is holding its annual Field Day on Wednesday afternoon, September 18th, at 2 p.m., standard time. The pupils will parade in masquerade costume. Following this, novelty races will be run, including ...
    image     The following newspaper excerpt is from the Barnett Scrapbook, vol. 5: Clarkson School S. S. No. 6, 'Toronto Township, is holding its annual Field Day on Wednesday afternoon, September 18th, ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • School Children, Clarkson
    School Children, Clarkson
    image       Not all the children are identified. Among the group are: Edith Pengilley, P. Petrie, M. Petrie, Agnes Hodgetts, Jean Hodgetts and G. Petrie.
    image     Not all the children are identified. Among the group are: Edith Pengilley, P. Petrie, M. Petrie, Agnes Hodgetts, Jean Hodgetts and G. Petrie.
    Mississauga Library System
  • First Boy Scout Troup, Clarkson, 1924
    First Boy Scout Troup, Clarkson, 1924
    image       The First Boy Scout Troop in Clarkson was formed in 1923 and eleven boys between the ages of 12 and 14 joined under Scoutmaster I. T. Learnard. The Scouts met at Carman Methodist Church. Among the scouts identified in this photograph are, from L to R., back row: Gerald Hare, ...
    image     The First Boy Scout Troop in Clarkson was formed in 1923 and eleven boys between the ages of 12 and 14 joined under Scoutmaster I. T. Learnard. The Scouts met ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Group of Children by the Lake, Clarkson
    Group of Children by the Lake, Clarkson
    image       The children in this photograph are not identified.
    image     The children in this photograph are not identified.
    Mississauga Library System
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results