Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 21 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Barnett Scrapbook volume 4  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Henry Gable's House, the Hammond-Gable House
    Henry Gable's House, the Hammond-Gable House
    image       Do not confuse this house with the Hammond House in Erindale! Built some time after 1817 by Henry Gable, it is a basic Loyalist house, 1 � storey with a centre hall plan. Henry Gable Jr.'s daughter, Lucinda, married David Hammond in 1838 and inherited the property on the death ...
    image     Do not confuse this house with the Hammond House in Erindale! Built some time after 1817 by Henry Gable, it is a basic Loyalist house, 1 � storey with a ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Eve Oille Gable
    Eve Oille Gable
    image       The former Eve Oille, born 1790. Married Henry Gable Jr. in 1811, and died 1869.
    image     The former Eve Oille, born 1790. Married Henry Gable Jr. in 1811, and died 1869.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Second Greeniaus family home
    Second Greeniaus family home
    image       The house was built by Gaylord Greeniaus (1827-1893), grandson of Sebastian Greeniaus. The first house was destroyed. S, who came from Pennsylvania, was the first settler on Lot 34, Conc 2, SDS. The property was owned by the Greeniaus family until absorbed into the Park Royal subdivision which was officially ...
    image     The house was built by Gaylord Greeniaus (1827-1893), grandson of Sebastian Greeniaus. The first house was destroyed. S, who came from Pennsylvania, was the first settler on Lot 34, Conc ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Greeniaus Farm
    Greeniaus Farm
    image       The Greeniaus family went in for mixed farming during the years they owned the property
    image     The Greeniaus family went in for mixed farming during the years they owned the property
    Mississauga Library System
  • Greeniaus Farm Hay Wagon
    Greeniaus Farm Hay Wagon
    image       The Greeniaus family went in for mixed farming during the years they owned the property
    image     The Greeniaus family went in for mixed farming during the years they owned the property
    Mississauga Library System
  • Hair wreath Made by the First Mrs. Gaylord Greeniaus
    Hair wreath Made by the First Mrs. Gaylord Greeniaus
    image       A hair wreath made by the first Mrs. Gaylord Greeniaus, Selina Merigold, who died in 1865. Gaylord Greeniaus married again to Catherine Jane Kenney who died in 1920. All three are buried in Springcreek Cemetery
    image     A hair wreath made by the first Mrs. Gaylord Greeniaus, Selina Merigold, who died in 1865. Gaylord Greeniaus married again to Catherine Jane Kenney who died in 1920. All three ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Woven Double Rug Made by Jane Amanda Greeniaus, 1850
    Woven Double Rug Made by Jane Amanda Greeniaus, 1850
    image       Jane Amanda Greeniaus was the daughter of Peter Greeniaus, son of Sebastian Greeniaus. It was made in 1850 of cotton and wool and home made dyes, and is very heavy.
    image     Jane Amanda Greeniaus was the daughter of Peter Greeniaus, son of Sebastian Greeniaus. It was made in 1850 of cotton and wool and home made dyes, and is very heavy.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Arletta Greeniaus, Mrs. George Manley, Holding a Platter
    Arletta Greeniaus, Mrs. George Manley, Holding a Platter
    image       Arletta Greeniaus (1863-1949) was the daughter of Gaylord Greeniaus and the wife of George Manley. She holds a platter which belonged to her grandmother, Elizabeth Oliphant, daughter of Peter Oliphant.
    image     Arletta Greeniaus (1863-1949) was the daughter of Gaylord Greeniaus and the wife of George Manley. She holds a platter which belonged to her grandmother, Elizabeth Oliphant, daughter of Peter Oliphant.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Candle Moulds and Candlesticks
    Candle Moulds and Candlesticks
    image       Candle moulds and candlesticks belonging to Arletta Greeniaus Manley
    image     Candle moulds and candlesticks belonging to Arletta Greeniaus Manley
    Mississauga Library System
  • Springcreek Cemetery, Tombstones of Sebastian and Eve Greeniaus
    Springcreek Cemetery, Tombstones of Sebastian and Eve Greeniaus
    image       The Greeniaus tombstones in Springcreek Cemetery, Clarkson.
    image     The Greeniaus tombstones in Springcreek Cemetery, Clarkson.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Lieutenant-Colonel Peter Adamson
    Lieutenant-Colonel Peter Adamson
    image       Lieut.-Colonel Peter Adamson came to Upper Canada in 1821, having served with distinction in Portugal during the Peninsular War (1808-1814). He was a brother of Dr. Joseph Adamson, and both of them were early settlers in Erindale. He built Thorne Lodge near Erindale.
    image     Lieut.-Colonel Peter Adamson came to Upper Canada in 1821, having served with distinction in Portugal during the Peninsular War (1808-1814). He was a brother of Dr. Joseph Adamson, and both ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Thorne Lodge, Erindale
    Thorne Lodge, Erindale
    image       Front view of Thorne Lodge, built in 1821 for Lieutenant-Colonel Peter Adamson, on 200 acres near the Credit River, between Dundas Street and the Middle Road (Queen Elizabeth Way), in the area later known as Sheridan Homelands. It was originally called Toronto House, then Thorne Lodge, from the hawthorn trees ...
    image     Front view of Thorne Lodge, built in 1821 for Lieutenant-Colonel Peter Adamson, on 200 acres near the Credit River, between Dundas Street and the Middle Road (Queen Elizabeth Way), in ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Thorne Lodge, Erindale
    Thorne Lodge, Erindale
    image       Thorne Lodge was built in 1821 for Lieutenant-Colonel Peter Adamson, on 200 acres near the Credit River, between Dundas Street and the Middle Road (Queen Elizabeth Way), in the area later known as Sheridan Homelands. It was originally called Toronto House, then Thorne Lodge, from the hawthorn trees brought from ...
    image     Thorne Lodge was built in 1821 for Lieutenant-Colonel Peter Adamson, on 200 acres near the Credit River, between Dundas Street and the Middle Road (Queen Elizabeth Way), in the area ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Thorne Lodge, Wall, Erindale
    Thorne Lodge, Wall, Erindale
    image       Thorne Lodge was built in 1821 for Lieutenant-Colonel Peter Adamson, on 200 acres near the Credit River, between Dundas Street and the Middle Road (Queen Elizabeth Way), in the area later known as Sheridan Homelands. It was originally called Toronto House, then Thorne Lodge, from the hawthorn trees brought from ...
    image     Thorne Lodge was built in 1821 for Lieutenant-Colonel Peter Adamson, on 200 acres near the Credit River, between Dundas Street and the Middle Road (Queen Elizabeth Way), in the area ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Thorne Lodge, Brick Gates, Erindale
    Thorne Lodge, Brick Gates, Erindale
    image       Thorne Lodge was built in 1821 for Lieutenant-Colonel Peter Adamson, on 200 acres near the Credit River, between Dundas Street and the Middle Road (Queen Elizabeth Way), in the area later known as Sheridan Homelands. It was originally called Toronto House, then Thorne Lodge, from the hawthorn trees brought from ...
    image     Thorne Lodge was built in 1821 for Lieutenant-Colonel Peter Adamson, on 200 acres near the Credit River, between Dundas Street and the Middle Road (Queen Elizabeth Way), in the area ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Colonel William Thompson's House, Harwood, Clarkson
    Colonel William Thompson's House, Harwood, Clarkson
    image       Colonel William Thompson, son of Cornelius Thompson, built Harwood around 1837, on Lot 34, Conc 34, SDS, on the Lakeshore Road, just west of Clarkson, at the end of a long lane. The property became part of the St. Lawrence Cement Company. Harwood was a 1� storey Ontario cottage. It ...
    image     Colonel William Thompson, son of Cornelius Thompson, built Harwood around 1837, on Lot 34, Conc 34, SDS, on the Lakeshore Road, just west of Clarkson, at the end of a ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Colonel William Thompson's House, Harwood, Clarkson
    Colonel William Thompson's House, Harwood, Clarkson
    image       Photo probably taken after the Thompsons owned the house. This house, built by Col. William Thompson around 1837, was located on St. Lawrence Cement Company land, on the Lakeshore Road, just west of Clarkson, at the end of a long lane. It was a 1� storey Ontario cottage. It was ...
    image     Photo probably taken after the Thompsons owned the house. This house, built by Col. William Thompson around 1837, was located on St. Lawrence Cement Company land, on the Lakeshore Road, ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • William Thompson's House, Clarkson
    William Thompson's House, Clarkson
    image       This house, located at Conc 4, Lot 33, was originally a log house which had been stuccoed. In the 1846 Directory it was listed as belonging to William Thompson, the son of Colonel William Thompson.
    image     This house, located at Conc 4, Lot 33, was originally a log house which had been stuccoed. In the 1846 Directory it was listed as belonging to William Thompson, the ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Charles Barnsley's House, Clarkson
    Charles Barnsley's House, Clarkson
    image       According to the 1859 Tremaine map of Peel County, the property at Lot 34, Conc 3 was owned by Charles Barnsley who built a log cottage which was later covered with plaster. Later it was owned by Peter Oliphant, then by John Manley. Mr. Gordon Sinclair bought it in 1921, ...
    image     According to the 1859 Tremaine map of Peel County, the property at Lot 34, Conc 3 was owned by Charles Barnsley who built a log cottage which was later covered ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Anchorage, Clarkson
    Anchorage, Clarkson
    image       Built about 1830 on land in the area of Lakeshore Road and Southdown Road, and bought in 1839 by Capt. John Skynner. It is a one and a half storey Regency style cottage with a five bay facade. After Skynner�s death in 1846 alterations were made to the building. It ...
    image     Built about 1830 on land in the area of Lakeshore Road and Southdown Road, and bought in 1839 by Capt. John Skynner. It is a one and a half storey ...
    Mississauga Library System
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results