Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 63 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Barnett Scrapbook volume 3  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Joseph Orr's House
    Joseph Orr's House
    image       Joseph Orr built his house and barn on Merigold land, at the south end of Lot 29, Conc 3 and 4 SDS. The property was bought in 1940 by British American Oil and demolished.
    image     Joseph Orr built his house and barn on Merigold land, at the south end of Lot 29, Conc 3 and 4 SDS. The property was bought in 1940 by British ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Joseph Orr's Barn
    Joseph Orr's Barn
    image       Joseph Orr built his house and barn on Merigold land, at the south end of Lot 29, Conc 3 and 4 SDS. The property was bought in 1940 by British American Oil and demolished.
    image     Joseph Orr built his house and barn on Merigold land, at the south end of Lot 29, Conc 3 and 4 SDS. The property was bought in 1940 by British ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Joseph Adamson
    Joseph Adamson
    image       Dr. Joseph B. Adamson was born in Dundee in 1786 and came to Upper Canada with his brother Colonel Peter Adamson, in 1822. Joseph settled on Lot 34, Conc. 1, Clarkson, and practised medicine in Toronto Township till his death in 1852
    image     Dr. Joseph B. Adamson was born in Dundee in 1786 and came to Upper Canada with his brother Colonel Peter Adamson, in 1822. Joseph settled on Lot 34, Conc. 1, ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Ellen Buckle Adamson
    Ellen Buckle Adamson
    image       Ellen Buckle Adamson was the wife of Dr. Joseph Adamson. Dr. Joseph B. Adamson was born in Dundee in 1786 and came to Upper Canada with his brother Colonel Peter Adamson, in 1822. Joseph settled on Lot 34, Conc. 1, Clarkson, and practised medicine in Toronto Township till his death ...
    image     Ellen Buckle Adamson was the wife of Dr. Joseph Adamson. Dr. Joseph B. Adamson was born in Dundee in 1786 and came to Upper Canada with his brother Colonel Peter ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Alfred Adamson's First House in Clarkson
    Alfred Adamson's First House in Clarkson
    image       Alfred Adamson was the son of Dr. Joseph Adamson. In 1877 he was living on Lot 30-31. He later built a brick house on Lot 29, Conc 3 SDS. His property was sold to British American Oil in 1939 and the houses were demolished in 1962.
    image     Alfred Adamson was the son of Dr. Joseph Adamson. In 1877 he was living on Lot 30-31. He later built a brick house on Lot 29, Conc 3 SDS. His ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Alfred Adamson's Second House in Clarkson
    Alfred Adamson's Second House in Clarkson
    image       Alfred Adamson was the son of Dr. Joseph Adamson. In 1877 he was living on Lot 30-31. He later built a brick house on Lot 29, Conc 3 SDS. His property was sold to British American Oil in 1939 and the houses were demolished in 1962.
    image     Alfred Adamson was the son of Dr. Joseph Adamson. In 1877 he was living on Lot 30-31. He later built a brick house on Lot 29, Conc 3 SDS. His ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Jack Sutherland
    Jack Sutherland
    image       Jack Sutherland was the son of Captain Sutherland who bought Russell Bush's Inn, which was called Woodburn. Captain Sutherland is credited as being the first person to raise strawberries on a commercial scale in Clarkson. His daughter, Mary, married William Magrath, and their daughter, Mary, married Arthur Beveridge Harris, of ...
    image     Jack Sutherland was the son of Captain Sutherland who bought Russell Bush's Inn, which was called Woodburn. Captain Sutherland is credited as being the first person to raise strawberries on ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Russell Bush's Inn, Woodburn
    Russell Bush's Inn, Woodburn
    image       Front view of Woodburn, built in the 1830s by Russell Bush on land bought from Amos Merigold. The inn served as a halfway house for people travelling by stagecoach between Lakeshore Road and Dundas Street. Once the railway took over from the stagecoach Bush, no longer able to maintain the ...
    image     Front view of Woodburn, built in the 1830s by Russell Bush on land bought from Amos Merigold. The inn served as a halfway house for people travelling by stagecoach between ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Russell Bush's Inn, Woodburn
    Russell Bush's Inn, Woodburn
    image       Rear view of Woodburn, built in the 1830s by Russell Bush on land bought from Amos Merigold. The inn served as a halfway house for people travelling by stagecoach between Lakeshore Road and Dundas Street. Once the railway took over from the stagecoach Bush, no longer able to maintain the ...
    image     Rear view of Woodburn, built in the 1830s by Russell Bush on land bought from Amos Merigold. The inn served as a halfway house for people travelling by stagecoach between ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Percy Hodgetts House, Clarkson
    Percy Hodgetts House, Clarkson
    image       838 Clarkson Road South. Conc 3 SDS, Lot 29. The house was built by Percy Warburton Hodgetts in 1910 on 20 acres of land, Lot 29, Conc 3 SDS, purchased by Hodgetts, Elderkin and Alexander Westervelt. The house, a Bungalow style residence with Tudor half timbering, was designed by Port ...
    image     838 Clarkson Road South. Conc 3 SDS, Lot 29. The house was built by Percy Warburton Hodgetts in 1910 on 20 acres of land, Lot 29, Conc 3 SDS, purchased ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Percy and May Hodgetts
    Percy and May Hodgetts
    image       Percy Hodgetts was a graduate of the Ontario Agricultural College in Guelph with a Bachelor's degree in Science and Agriculture. He became the Secretary to the Ontario Fruit Growers' Association in 1904 and the head of the Fruit Branch in 1908.
    image     Percy Hodgetts was a graduate of the Ontario Agricultural College in Guelph with a Bachelor's degree in Science and Agriculture. He became the Secretary to the Ontario Fruit Growers' Association ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Percy Hodgetts House, Clarkson
    Percy Hodgetts House, Clarkson
    image       838 Clarkson Road South. Conc 3 SDS, Lot 29. The house was built by Percy Warburton Hodgetts in 1910 on 20 acres of land, purchased by Hodgetts, Elderkin and Alexander Westervelt. The house, a Bungalow style residence with Tudor half timbering, was designed by Port Credit native, Dixie Cox Cotton. ...
    image     838 Clarkson Road South. Conc 3 SDS, Lot 29. The house was built by Percy Warburton Hodgetts in 1910 on 20 acres of land, purchased by Hodgetts, Elderkin and Alexander ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Unidentified Men Mending Car Tire
    Unidentified Men Mending Car Tire
    image       Men repairing car tires.
    image     Men repairing car tires.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Unidentified Men in Automobile
    Unidentified Men in Automobile
    image       Unidentified people driving in automobile
    image     Unidentified people driving in automobile
    Mississauga Library System
  • Percy Hodgetts House, Tennis Court, Clarkson
    Percy Hodgetts House, Tennis Court, Clarkson
    image       The tennis court at the Hodgetts' home was originally the floor of Hyett's Mill.
    image     The tennis court at the Hodgetts' home was originally the floor of Hyett's Mill.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Hodgetts Creek Dam
    Hodgetts Creek Dam
    image       The following is from "Clarkson and its Many Corners" by Kathleen Hicks: "Percy Hodgetts and Alexander Westervelt purchased 20 acres of land at Lot 29, Conc 3 in 1910 from Andrew Orr�.Hodgetts Creek, which flows west to east crossing under Clarkson Road, was so named because it ran through Percy's ...
    image     The following is from "Clarkson and its Many Corners" by Kathleen Hicks: "Percy Hodgetts and Alexander Westervelt purchased 20 acres of land at Lot 29, Conc 3 in 1910 from ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • House Built on Hyett Property
    House Built on Hyett Property
    image       Photo shows a house built on the site of the old Hyett house. Hyett was the miller in Clarkson in 1837.
    image     Photo shows a house built on the site of the old Hyett house. Hyett was the miller in Clarkson in 1837.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Hyett's Original House
    Hyett's Original House
    image       The original Hyett house, home of Mr. Hyett, who was the miller in Clarkson ca 1837
    image     The original Hyett house, home of Mr. Hyett, who was the miller in Clarkson ca 1837
    Mississauga Library System
  • Clarkson Road
    Clarkson Road
    image       Photo shows a view of Clarkson Road.
    image     Photo shows a view of Clarkson Road.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Hodgetts Creek
    Hodgetts Creek
    image       The following is from "Clarkson and its Many Corners" by Kathleen Hicks: "Percy Hodgetts and Alexander Westervelt purchased 20 acres of land at Lot 29, Conc 3 in 1910 from Andrew Orr�.Hodgetts Creek, which flows west to east crossing under Clarkson Road, was so named because it ran through Percy's ...
    image     The following is from "Clarkson and its Many Corners" by Kathleen Hicks: "Percy Hodgetts and Alexander Westervelt purchased 20 acres of land at Lot 29, Conc 3 in 1910 from ...
    Mississauga Library System
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results