Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 38 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Barnett Scrapbook volume 1  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • First Clarkson train station
    First Clarkson train station
    image       The first Clarkson railway station was built by the Great Western Railway on the north side of the tracks and called Clarskon's. This was later changed to Clarkson.
    image     The first Clarkson railway station was built by the Great Western Railway on the north side of the tracks and called Clarskon's. This was later changed to Clarkson.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Clarkson Railway Station, 1918
    Clarkson Railway Station, 1918
    image       The railway station was originally located on the north side of the railway tracks, behind the store and Post Office on Clarkson Road. The railway secured right-of-way across Warren Clarkson�s lots in 1853. It brought commerce to local fruit and vegetable farmers. Corn, apples and especially strawberries were produced in ...
    image     The railway station was originally located on the north side of the railway tracks, behind the store and Post Office on Clarkson Road. The railway secured right-of-way across Warren Clarkson�s ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Clarkson Railway Station, 1962
    Clarkson Railway Station, 1962
    image       The railway station was originally located on the north side of the railway tracks, behind the store and Post Office on Clarkson Road. The railway secured right-of-way across Warren Clarkson�s lots in 1853. It brought commerce to local fruit and vegetable farmers. Corn, apples and especially strawberries were produced in ...
    image     The railway station was originally located on the north side of the railway tracks, behind the store and Post Office on Clarkson Road. The railway secured right-of-way across Warren Clarkson�s ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Jane Petch Gable, Clarkson
    Jane Petch Gable, Clarkson
    image       Mrs. Jacob Gable, formerly Jane Petch, the second wife of Jacob Gable.
    image     Mrs. Jacob Gable, formerly Jane Petch, the second wife of Jacob Gable.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Jacob Gable, Clarkson
    Jacob Gable, Clarkson
    image       Jacob Gable was the nephew of Henry Gable, Sr. Henry came to Upper Canada in 1798 and was the first person to be granted land in Clarkson. Jacob Gable was a carpenter and helped to build the Methodist church in Port Credit.
    image     Jacob Gable was the nephew of Henry Gable, Sr. Henry came to Upper Canada in 1798 and was the first person to be granted land in Clarkson. Jacob Gable was ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Richard Oughtred and Esther Ann Gable's house
    Richard Oughtred and Esther Ann Gable's house
    image       Richard Oughtred was a partner in the carpentry business with Jacob Gable and married Jacob's daughter, Esther Ann in 1855. This was their first home which later added on to and bricked. On Richard Oughtred's death the house was sold to his nephew, William Oughtred, son of Stephen Oughtred who ...
    image     Richard Oughtred was a partner in the carpentry business with Jacob Gable and married Jacob's daughter, Esther Ann in 1855. This was their first home which later added on to ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • William Oughtred, Sheridan
    William Oughtred, Sheridan
    image       William Oughtred with his brother, Richard, came to Quebec in 1820 from Guiseborough, England. He and his family evenutally settled in the small hamlet of Hammondville, which later became Sheridan, and was located at the junction of Town Line (now Winston Chruchill Blvd.) and the Middle Road (now the Queen ...
    image     William Oughtred with his brother, Richard, came to Quebec in 1820 from Guiseborough, England. He and his family evenutally settled in the small hamlet of Hammondville, which later became Sheridan, ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Oughtred house, Sheridan
    Oughtred house, Sheridan
    image       The Oughtred family home was torn down to make way for QEW in 1939-1940.
    image     The Oughtred family home was torn down to make way for QEW in 1939-1940.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Arthur Oughtred's house, Clarkson
    Arthur Oughtred's house, Clarkson
    image       Front of Arthur Oughtred's home.
    image     Front of Arthur Oughtred's home.
    Mississauga Library System
  • St. Cuthbert's Church, Oakville
    St. Cuthbert's Church, Oakville
    image       St. Cuthbert's Anglican Church was originally built on the Town Line. In 1915 a Mrs. Scholefield and a group of her friends saw the need of establishing church services for those who were too far from church centres for regular attendance. The church began as a Mission Hall and the ...
    image     St. Cuthbert's Anglican Church was originally built on the Town Line. In 1915 a Mrs. Scholefield and a group of her friends saw the need of establishing church services for ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • St. Cuthbert's Church, Oakville, Interior
    St. Cuthbert's Church, Oakville, Interior
    image       Interior of St. Cuthbert's Anglican Church, facing the altar. St. Cuthbert's Anglican Church was originally built on the Town Line. In 1915 a Mrs. Scholefield and a group of her friends saw the need of establishing church services for those who were too far from church centres for regular attendance. ...
    image     Interior of St. Cuthbert's Anglican Church, facing the altar. St. Cuthbert's Anglican Church was originally built on the Town Line. In 1915 a Mrs. Scholefield and a group of her ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Clarkson Community Hall
    Clarkson Community Hall
    image       Carman Methodist Church was the second Methodist church built in Clarkson, in 1875, on land donated by Margaret Vail Merigold, the wife of the late Daniel Merigold. It was located on Lakshore Road at the corner of Clarkson Road South, and named for Bishop Albert Carman of the Methodist Episcopal ...
    image     Carman Methodist Church was the second Methodist church built in Clarkson, in 1875, on land donated by Margaret Vail Merigold, the wife of the late Daniel Merigold. It was located ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Clarkson Community Hall, 1923
    Clarkson Community Hall, 1923
    image       Carman Methodist Church was the second Methodist church built in Clarkson, in 1875, on land donated by Margaret Vail Merigold, the wife of the late Daniel Merigold. It was located on Lakshore Road at the corner of Clarkson Road South, and named ofr Bishop Albert Carman of the Methodist Episcopal ...
    image     Carman Methodist Church was the second Methodist church built in Clarkson, in 1875, on land donated by Margaret Vail Merigold, the wife of the late Daniel Merigold. It was located ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Clarkson Community Hall -- Addition
    Clarkson Community Hall -- Addition
    image       Carman Methodist Church was the second Methodist church built in Clarkson, in 1875, on land donated by Margaret Vail Merigold, the wife of the late Daniel Merigold. It was located on Lakeshore Road at the corner of Clarkson Road South, and named for Bishop Albert Carman of the Methodist Episcopal ...
    image     Carman Methodist Church was the second Methodist church built in Clarkson, in 1875, on land donated by Margaret Vail Merigold, the wife of the late Daniel Merigold. It was located ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Dr. Beaumont Wilson Bowen Dixie
    Dr. Beaumont Wilson Bowen Dixie
    image       Dr. B. W. B. Dixie was born in Wales, in 1819, and came to Canada where he went to school at Upper Canada College and later the University of Toronto. He was licensed in 1843 and practised first in Oakville, then Grahamsville. He settled in Erindale in 1846 where he ...
    image     Dr. B. W. B. Dixie was born in Wales, in 1819, and came to Canada where he went to school at Upper Canada College and later the University of Toronto. ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Betty Adams and Mrs. W. Patchett, Clarkson
    Betty Adams and Mrs. W. Patchett, Clarkson
    image       The first telephone in Clarkson was installed in Miss Edith Clarkson's store in 1909. In 1910 exchange service became generally available. The central office equipment consisted of a 50A local switch, a No. 3 tollbooth and a No. 299A generator as well as 6 racks for central office wiring. The ...
    image     The first telephone in Clarkson was installed in Miss Edith Clarkson's store in 1909. In 1910 exchange service became generally available. The central office equipment consisted of a 50A local ...
    Mississauga Library System
  • Telephone
    Telephone
    image       An early telephone such as would have been used in Clarkson.
    image     An early telephone such as would have been used in Clarkson.
    Mississauga Library System
  • No. 50A local switch
    No. 50A local switch
    image       An example of a No. 50A local switch which would have formed part of the early telephone equipment at Clarkson Telephone Exchange.
    image     An example of a No. 50A local switch which would have formed part of the early telephone equipment at Clarkson Telephone Exchange.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Clarkson Road North
    Clarkson Road North
    image       Clarkson Road North, south of the railway.
    image     Clarkson Road North, south of the railway.
    Mississauga Library System
  • Clarkson Road North in winter
    Clarkson Road North in winter
    image       Clarkson Road North in winter, taken from the Terry Farm.
    image     Clarkson Road North in winter, taken from the Terry Farm.
    Mississauga Library System
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results