Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 17 matching items.
Media Types Images   Groups Atlas of the County of Halton, 1877  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Map of Tansley, 1877
    Map of Tansley, 1877
    image  1877    
    image  1877  
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Map of Cumminsville (Plan 26, registered 1857), 1877
    Map of Cumminsville (Plan 26, registered 1857), 1877
    image  1877    
    image  1877  
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Map of Lowville (Plan 22, registered 1857), 1877
    Map of Lowville (Plan 22, registered 1857), 1877
    image  1877    
    image  1877  
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Alex Duffes' Store and Storehouse, 1877
    Alex Duffes' Store and Storehouse, 1877
    image  1877     A map in the 1877 Halton atlas shows that the property where the store was located belonged to "Cummins and Duffes grain dealers".Alexander Duffes married Lucinda Hannah Cummins. a daughter of Titus Geer Cummins, who founded Cumminsville and was a local J. P. and grain dealer. Titus G. Cummins and ...
    image  1877   A map in the 1877 Halton atlas shows that the property where the store was located belonged to "Cummins and Duffes grain dealers".Alexander Duffes married Lucinda Hannah Cummins. a daughter ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Map of Village of Burlington, 1877
    Map of Village of Burlington, 1877
    image  1877     The Village of Burlington, incorporated in September 1873, included the former Port Nelson (with the easterly border on "Guelph St.", now the Guelph Line); Wellington Square from the 3 wharves (Baxters, Torrances and Buntons) to Caroline Street; the Great Western Railway station in the hamlet of Freeman; and some outlying ...
    image  1877   The Village of Burlington, incorporated in September 1873, included the former Port Nelson (with the easterly border on "Guelph St.", now the Guelph Line); Wellington Square from the 3 wharves ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • John Waldie, 1877
    John Waldie, 1877
    image  1877     Printed autograph below portrait: "Yours Truly, / John Waldie"
    image  1877   Printed autograph below portrait: "Yours Truly, / John Waldie"
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Davidson homestead, now 397 Guelph Line, 1877
    Davidson homestead, now 397 Guelph Line, 1877
    image  1877    
    image  1877  
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Farm of Arthur Ford, 1877
    Farm of Arthur Ford, 1877
    image  1877     Located at Concession 7 New Series (NS), Lot 8, later Tremaine Road.
    image  1877   Located at Concession 7 New Series (NS), Lot 8, later Tremaine Road.
    Burlington Historical Society
  • James Molyneux farm, 1877
    James Molyneux farm, 1877
    image  1877     Located at Concession 2 New Series (NS), Lot 12, north of Kilbride and north of the present boundaries of Burlington.
    image  1877   Located at Concession 2 New Series (NS), Lot 12, north of Kilbride and north of the present boundaries of Burlington.
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Ireland House, 1877
    Ireland House, 1877
    image  1877     Located at Concession 1 South of Dundas Street (SDS) Lot 16, now 2168 Guelph Line, not Con 2 NDS Lot 14, as indicated in the caption.
    image  1877   Located at Concession 1 South of Dundas Street (SDS) Lot 16, now 2168 Guelph Line, not Con 2 NDS Lot 14, as indicated in the caption.
    Burlington Historical Society
  • W. J. Douglass Planing Mill, Port Nelson, 1877
    W. J. Douglass Planing Mill, Port Nelson, 1877
    imagecomment  1877,    
    imagecomment  1877,  
    Burlington Historical Society
  • "Thornhill", owned by John Breckon Sr., 1877
    "Thornhill", owned by John Breckon Sr., 1877
    image  1877,     Located on Concession 2 South of Dundas Street (SDS), Lot 2, later 5355 North Service Road.The house was demolished ca 2000.
    image  1877,   Located on Concession 2 South of Dundas Street (SDS), Lot 2, later 5355 North Service Road.The house was demolished ca 2000.
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Brant House Hotel, 1877
    Brant House Hotel, 1877
    image  1877,     Printed below the illustration: "The Brant House Burlington, a beautiful summer resortEuropean hotel situated on one of the choicest sites overlooking Burlington BayLake Ontario. J. Morris, Pror./ Rolph, SmithCo Toronto, Ont,"
    image  1877,   Printed below the illustration: "The Brant House Burlington, a beautiful summer resortEuropean hotel situated on one of the choicest sites overlooking Burlington BayLake Ontario. J. Morris, Pror./ Rolph, SmithCo Toronto, ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • The Ocean House, Burlington Beach, 1877
    The Ocean House, Burlington Beach, 1877
    image  1877    
    image  1877  
    Burlington Historical Society
  • The Brant House, Burlington, 1877
    The Brant House, Burlington, 1877
    image  1877    
    image  1877  
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Nelson House, Nelson, M. S. Atkinson, Proprietor, 1877
    Nelson House, Nelson, M. S. Atkinson, Proprietor, 1877
    image  1877,     Built in 1853 on the southeast corner of Dundas Street and Guelph Line on land donated by Stephen Atkinson, Nelson House served as the township hall and was the venue for many agricultural fairs. It was later a hotel owned by Moses S. Atkinson. In 1897 the Literary Society was ...
    image  1877,   Built in 1853 on the southeast corner of Dundas Street and Guelph Line on land donated by Stephen Atkinson, Nelson House served as the township hall and was the venue ...
    Burlington Historical Society
  • Map of Kilbride (Plan 18, registered  1852 and Plan 58, registered 1873), 1877
    Map of Kilbride (Plan 18, registered 1852 and Plan 58, registered 1873), 1877
    image  1877,     The street names in the original subdivison plan registered by William Panton and Francis Baker in 1853 are drawn from names in their families. Rebecca Street is now Cedar Springs Road. Thomas Street and Baker Street are now Kilbride Street.
    image  1877,   The street names in the original subdivison plan registered by William Panton and Francis Baker in 1853 are drawn from names in their families. Rebecca Street is now Cedar Springs ...
    Burlington Historical Society
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results