Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 37 matching items.
Media Types Location   Groups User Contributions: 120 Years of Women Involved! WI Plaques, Halls, and Projects Across the Province  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Mount Pleasant WI Hall
    Mount Pleasant WI Hall
    ImagePlace       This is a photo of the Mount Pleasant WI Hall, located in the community of Mount Pleasant. The Hall was donated to the Women's Institute in 1905 by the International Order of Good Templars. Mount Pleasant WI, part of the Peterborough District of Eastern Ontario, currently has 12 members (2019). ...
    ImagePlace     This is a photo of the Mount Pleasant WI Hall, located in the community of Mount Pleasant. The Hall was donated to the Women's Institute in 1905 by the International ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Pinnacle Park new Renfrew
    Pinnacle Park new Renfrew
    ImagePlace       Pinnacle Park was created by the Bonnechere Valley WI as their centennial project in 1967. This resting spot with a picnic table is situated at the corner of Pinnacle Road and Elliott Crescent, very near Highway 60 as one leaves Renfrew towards Douglas. It has a great view of the ...
    ImagePlace     Pinnacle Park was created by the Bonnechere Valley WI as their centennial project in 1967. This resting spot with a picnic table is situated at the corner of Pinnacle Road ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Troy/Lynden Women's Institute Hall, Troy Ontario
    Troy/Lynden Women's Institute Hall, Troy Ontario
    ImagePlace       In 1962 Troy Women's Institute branch members purchased this local two room schoolhouse (built in 1878) as a WI hall for community events. Renovations have occurred with the help of community members, Lottario, and a Trillium Grant. In 1995, a historical plaque was placed on the outside wall on the ...
    ImagePlace     In 1962 Troy Women's Institute branch members purchased this local two room schoolhouse (built in 1878) as a WI hall for community events. Renovations have occurred with the help of ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • WI Centennial Planter
    WI Centennial Planter
    ImagePlace       The Maple Grove W. I. in Waterloo District marked Canada's Centennial by having a planter built at the old one room Riverbank School at the corner of the Preston Breslau highway and Riverbank Dr. At the time it had been converted into the Regional Library. It has since been the ...
    ImagePlace     The Maple Grove W. I. in Waterloo District marked Canada's Centennial by having a planter built at the old one room Riverbank School at the corner of the Preston Breslau ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Wellman's Women's Institute Hall
    Wellman's Women's Institute Hall
    ImagePlace       On April 28th 1869 David Mack donated the land (Pt. Lot 19, Con. 5 Rawdon Twp.) for a Wesleyan Church, a branch of Methodism, where the present building now stands. The citizens decided to combine their resources and build a house of worship. Although their own homes were of logs ...
    ImagePlace     On April 28th 1869 David Mack donated the land (Pt. Lot 19, Con. 5 Rawdon Twp.) for a Wesleyan Church, a branch of Methodism, where the present building now stands. ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Kilmartin Cemetery Dedication- Yarmouth Glen WI
    Kilmartin Cemetery Dedication- Yarmouth Glen WI
    ImagePlace       Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute undertook a restoration project at Kilmartin Cemetery following a dedication ceremony on June 23, 1963. Please also see another submission on this topic for more information.
    ImagePlace     Yarmouth Glen Women's Institute undertook a restoration project at Kilmartin Cemetery following a dedication ceremony on June 23, 1963. Please also see another submission on this topic for more information.
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Kilmartin Cemetery, Municipality of Central Elgin
    Kilmartin Cemetery, Municipality of Central Elgin
    ImagePlace       In April 1960, committee of Yarmouth Glen WI met with Yarmouth Township Council regarding a cleanup of Kilmartin cemetery. This resulted in a $50 annual grant given to the branch for upkeep and maintenance of the cemetery. At this time, all markers were removed and the ground leveled. Further funds ...
    ImagePlace     In April 1960, committee of Yarmouth Glen WI met with Yarmouth Township Council regarding a cleanup of Kilmartin cemetery. This resulted in a $50 annual grant given to the branch ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Blakeney Plaque unveiling
    Blakeney Plaque unveiling
    ImagePlace       On Nov.7,2010 the Mayor of Mississippi Mills,Al Lunney and the President of Ramsay W.I., Cindy Zorgel unveiled a plaque at the Blakeney Park at the bridge over the Mississippi River, in Lanark County near Pakenham. It showed the locations of the over a dozen mills and shops in early times.
    ImagePlace     On Nov.7,2010 the Mayor of Mississippi Mills,Al Lunney and the President of Ramsay W.I., Cindy Zorgel unveiled a plaque at the Blakeney Park at the bridge over the Mississippi River, ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Elgin County Pioneer Museum
    Elgin County Pioneer Museum
    ImagePlace       The Elgin County Pioneer Museum, 32 Talbot Street, St Thomas was founded in 1957. www.elgincounty.ca/archives (Click on “Collections” in blue banner menu; click on blue”on-line database”; in search line, type in “elgin county pioneer museum- there are 239 results. i.e. things in archives) http://www.elginhistoricalsociety.ca/video-tags/st-thomas (Elgin County Pioneer Museum 30th Anniversary, ...
    ImagePlace     The Elgin County Pioneer Museum, 32 Talbot Street, St Thomas was founded in 1957. www.elgincounty.ca/archives (Click on “Collections” in blue banner menu; click on blue”on-line database”; in search line, type ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Nobleton Community Hall
    Nobleton Community Hall
    ImagePlace       Nobleton Community Hall. located in York Centre WI district Top: Under Construction Back in the Thirties. Bottom: 1986 Nobleton Community Hall is truly a “community” place. It was built in 1936 by volunteer labour with materials purchased through fundraising.The accomplishment of building a hall in Nobleton was a demonstration of ...
    ImagePlace     Nobleton Community Hall. located in York Centre WI district Top: Under Construction Back in the Thirties. Bottom: 1986 Nobleton Community Hall is truly a “community” place. It was built in ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Nobleton WI's involvement in Local Parks
    Nobleton WI's involvement in Local Parks
    ImagePlace       Top: Hill Farm Meadow Park , showing bench in background. Middle: Plaque on bench marking 95th anniversary Bottom: Plaque in Cherry Park, acknowledging Community Partners
    ImagePlace     Top: Hill Farm Meadow Park , showing bench in background. Middle: Plaque on bench marking 95th anniversary Bottom: Plaque in Cherry Park, acknowledging Community Partners
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • QUEEN’S LINE WOMEN’S INSTITUTE HALL NORTH RENFREW DISTRICT
    QUEEN’S LINE WOMEN’S INSTITUTE HALL NORTH RENFREW DISTRICT
    ImagePlace       This hall started out as a Holiness Movement Church built in 1898. In 1961, the Queen’s Line Women’s Institute bought this building for $200. to be used as a community centre This hall was used for euchre parties, baby showers, bridal showers, wedding anniversaries, a fashion show, an artist studio ...
    ImagePlace     This hall started out as a Holiness Movement Church built in 1898. In 1961, the Queen’s Line Women’s Institute bought this building for $200. to be used as a community ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Jarvis Women's Institute War Memorial
    Jarvis Women's Institute War Memorial
    ImagePlace       This cairn in Jarvis, Ontario was erected by the Jarvis Women's Institute. The group has since disbanded, but their excellent work over the years is represented by this project. Service people from WWI and WWII are named on the plaques mounted on this cairn.
    ImagePlace     This cairn in Jarvis, Ontario was erected by the Jarvis Women's Institute. The group has since disbanded, but their excellent work over the years is represented by this project. Service ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Jarvis Women's Institute War Memorial
    Jarvis Women's Institute War Memorial
    ImagePlace       This cairn in Jarvis, Ontario was erected by the Jarvis Women's Institute. The group has since disbanded, but their excellent work over the years is represented by this project. Service people from WWI and WWII are named on the plaques mounted on this cairn.
    ImagePlace     This cairn in Jarvis, Ontario was erected by the Jarvis Women's Institute. The group has since disbanded, but their excellent work over the years is represented by this project. Service ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Jarvis Women's Institute War Memorial
    Jarvis Women's Institute War Memorial
    ImagePlace       The Glorious Dead Ken. Church Jno. Stingle Andw. Doughty Chris. Walker Wm. Maxwell Ches. Rogers H.J. Wills Jas. Dunnett Jos. Powell
    ImagePlace     The Glorious Dead Ken. Church Jno. Stingle Andw. Doughty Chris. Walker Wm. Maxwell Ches. Rogers H.J. Wills Jas. Dunnett Jos. Powell
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • West Haldimand District Centennial Pavilion
    West Haldimand District Centennial Pavilion
    ImagePlace       In 1967, as part of Centennial Year, West Haldimand District undertook a project to build a pavilion. This impressive pavilion is located in Haldimand Conservation Park, near Featherstone Point. During the time of the construction of the pavilion, Haldimand County was divided into two Women's Institute districts: East and West.
    ImagePlace     In 1967, as part of Centennial Year, West Haldimand District undertook a project to build a pavilion. This impressive pavilion is located in Haldimand Conservation Park, near Featherstone Point. During ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • West Haldimand District Centennial Pavilion
    West Haldimand District Centennial Pavilion
    ImagePlace       In 1967, as part of Centennial Year, West Haldimand District undertook a project to build a pavilion. This impressive pavilion is located in Haldimand Conservation Park, near Featherstone Point. During the time of the construction of the pavilion, Haldimand County was divided into two Women's Institute districts: East and West.
    ImagePlace     In 1967, as part of Centennial Year, West Haldimand District undertook a project to build a pavilion. This impressive pavilion is located in Haldimand Conservation Park, near Featherstone Point. During ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Millennium Forest Town of Lincoln
    Millennium Forest Town of Lincoln
    ImagePlace       A Millennium Forest was planted in 2000 on the grounds of the Vineland Research & Innovation Centre as a project of the Lincoln Horticultural Society and the Rotary Club of Beamsville in cooperation with the University of Guelph. This Carolinian forest contains over 100 varieties of trees which were purchased ...
    ImagePlace     A Millennium Forest was planted in 2000 on the grounds of the Vineland Research & Innovation Centre as a project of the Lincoln Horticultural Society and the Rotary Club of ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Hampstead Women's Institute Heritage Plaque
    Hampstead Women's Institute Heritage Plaque
    ImageObjectPlace       The plaque reads: "On March 5, 1903, twenty four local women met at this site for the inaugural meeting of the Hampstead Women's Institute. It was one of the earliest branches formed in Ontario and part of what would become the largest rural women's movement in the world. Members of ...
    ImageObjectPlace     The plaque reads: "On March 5, 1903, twenty four local women met at this site for the inaugural meeting of the Hampstead Women's Institute. It was one of the earliest ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Country Manor Bench
    Country Manor Bench
    ImageObjectPlace       To mark their 60th anniversary, the Maple Grove Women's Institute went to Cambridge Manor, a new nursing home in our area and asked if there was anything we could contribute to the home as our outreach into the community. They had a member who was living there at the time. ...
    ImageObjectPlace     To mark their 60th anniversary, the Maple Grove Women's Institute went to Cambridge Manor, a new nursing home in our area and asked if there was anything we could contribute ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Creative Commons