Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 143 matching items.
Media Types    Geographic Location Port Whitby  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Goldring Store, c. 1967
    Goldring Store, c. 1967
    image  1967,     This frame store, on the south-west corner of Brock and Victoria Streets, was operated in the early 1900s by the Jackson family. In 1911, the store was purchased by Captain Richard Goldring. The Goldring family owned the store until it was demolished in December 1967.Richard Goldring's daughter, Olive, was a ...
    image  1967,   This frame store, on the south-west corner of Brock and Victoria Streets, was operated in the early 1900s by the Jackson family. In 1911, the store was purchased by Captain ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Goldring Store, 1967
    Goldring Store, 1967
    image  May 1967,     The Goldring Store was located at the southwest corner of Brock and Victoria Streets. From the 1890s until 1911, the store was operated by the Jackson family. The Goldring family operated the store from 1911 to 1967 when the building was demolished.
    image  May 1967,   The Goldring Store was located at the southwest corner of Brock and Victoria Streets. From the 1890s until 1911, the store was operated by the Jackson family. The Goldring family ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Goldring Store, May 1967
    Goldring Store, May 1967
    image  May 1967,     This frame store, on the south-west corner of Brock and Victoria Streets, was operated in the early 1900s by the Jackson family. In 1911, the store was purchased by Captain Richard Goldring. The Goldring family owned the store until it was demolished in December 1967.Richard Goldring's daughter, Olive, was a ...
    image  May 1967,   This frame store, on the south-west corner of Brock and Victoria Streets, was operated in the early 1900s by the Jackson family. In 1911, the store was purchased by Captain ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Goldring Store, May 1967
    Goldring Store, May 1967
    image  May 1967,     This frame store, on the south-west corner of Brock and Victoria Streets, was operated in the early 1900s by the Jackson family. In 1911, the store was purchased by Captain Richard Goldring. The Goldring family owned the store until it was demolished in December 1967.Richard Goldring's daughter, Olive, was a ...
    image  May 1967,   This frame store, on the south-west corner of Brock and Victoria Streets, was operated in the early 1900s by the Jackson family. In 1911, the store was purchased by Captain ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1621 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    1621 Brock Street South, May 23, 1969
    image  23 May 1969,     Located at 1621 Brock Street South, this house was built in 1858 as a hotel by Thomas Bredin. From 1874 to 1973 it was owned by John Allingham Watson and his descendants. The basement is made of Kingston limestone, brought to Whitby in sailing vessels.
    image  23 May 1969,   Located at 1621 Brock Street South, this house was built in 1858 as a hotel by Thomas Bredin. From 1874 to 1973 it was owned by John Allingham Watson and ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Dufferin Street School, 1975
    Dufferin Street School, 1975
    image  July 1975,     Dufferin Street School was built in 1851 on the west side of Dufferin Street south of Victoria Street. It served as the school for Port Whitby from 1852-1915 when it was replaced by Brock Street School. Dufferin Street School has been a private residence since 1916.
    image  July 1975,   Dufferin Street School was built in 1851 on the west side of Dufferin Street south of Victoria Street. It served as the school for Port Whitby from 1852-1915 when it ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Lynde Creek Marsh, April 1976
    Lynde Creek Marsh, April 1976
    imagemystery  April 1976,     Lynde Creek Marsh is a provincially significant wetland and is extremely important to many wildlife species including birds, amphibians, reptiles, and mammals.
    imagemystery  April 1976,   Lynde Creek Marsh is a provincially significant wetland and is extremely important to many wildlife species including birds, amphibians, reptiles, and mammals.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Lynde Creek Marsh, April 1976
    Lynde Creek Marsh, April 1976
    imagemystery  April 1976,     Lynde Creek Marsh is a provincially significant wetland and is extremely important to many wildlife species including birds, amphibians, reptiles, and mammals.
    imagemystery  April 1976,   Lynde Creek Marsh is a provincially significant wetland and is extremely important to many wildlife species including birds, amphibians, reptiles, and mammals.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Mental Health Centre, April 2006
    Whitby Mental Health Centre, April 2006
    image  April 2006,     The centre is now called Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences.
    image  April 2006,   The centre is now called Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Mental Health Centre, April 2006
    Whitby Mental Health Centre, April 2006
    image  April 2006,     Constructed in 1963, the new building replaced the two original nurses cottages/residences at Ontario Hospital Whitby. The centre is now called Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences.
    image  April 2006,   Constructed in 1963, the new building replaced the two original nurses cottages/residences at Ontario Hospital Whitby. The centre is now called Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Mental Health Centre, April 2006
    Whitby Mental Health Centre, April 2006
    image  April 2006,     Constructed in 1963, the new building replaced the two original nurses cottages/residences at Ontario Hospital Whitby. The centre is now called Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences.
    image  April 2006,   Constructed in 1963, the new building replaced the two original nurses cottages/residences at Ontario Hospital Whitby. The centre is now called Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Station Gallery, April 1976
    Station Gallery, April 1976
    image  April 1976,     The Whitby Junction Station was built at the foot of Byron Street on the Grand Trunk Railway in 1903 near the current GO Transit platform. The station closed in 1969 and in 1970 it was moved to the north-east corner of Victoria and Henry Streets for use as an art ...
    image  April 1976,   The Whitby Junction Station was built at the foot of Byron Street on the Grand Trunk Railway in 1903 near the current GO Transit platform. The station closed in 1969 ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Dayton Tire, April 1976
    Dayton Tire, April 1976
    image  April 1976,     The Dayton Tire factory was built in 1954-55 for the Dunlop Tire and Rubber Company. In 1974 it was sold to Firestone Tire and the name changed to Dayton Tire and later Whitby Tire. The company closed in 1980 and was divided into small industrial units. This building is located ...
    image  April 1976,   The Dayton Tire factory was built in 1954-55 for the Dunlop Tire and Rubber Company. In 1974 it was sold to Firestone Tire and the name changed to Dayton Tire ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Town Plot of Windsor, 1979
    Town Plot of Windsor, 1979
    image  January 1979,     Photographic image of the Town Plot of Windsor site plan. The plan was created to improve the design of Whitby Harbour. This plan is a 1979 copy of the 1838 original by F.P. Rubige. The 1838 version is based on a 1837 survey by J.J. Dennehy. Plan shows early settlements ...
    image  January 1979,   Photographic image of the Town Plot of Windsor site plan. The plan was created to improve the design of Whitby Harbour. This plan is a 1979 copy of the 1838 ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Goldring Store, 1967
    Goldring Store, 1967
    image  May 1967,     The Goldring Store was located at the southwest corner of Brock and Victoria Streets. The Goldring family operated the store from 1911 to 1967 when the building was demolished.
    image  May 1967,   The Goldring Store was located at the southwest corner of Brock and Victoria Streets. The Goldring family operated the store from 1911 to 1967 when the building was demolished.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Port Whitby Flood, 1947
    Port Whitby Flood, 1947
    image  3 June 1947,     Black and white negative showing severe flooding at the cottages on the east side of the harbour basin.
    image  3 June 1947,   Black and white negative showing severe flooding at the cottages on the east side of the harbour basin.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Port Whitby Flood, 1947
    Port Whitby Flood, 1947
    image  3 June 1947,     Black and white negative showing severe flooding at the shoreline at Whitby Harbour. The edge of the dock is marked by the bollards sticking out of the water. View looking east from the oil tanks.
    image  3 June 1947,   Black and white negative showing severe flooding at the shoreline at Whitby Harbour. The edge of the dock is marked by the bollards sticking out of the water. View looking ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Goldring Store, c.1960
    Goldring Store, c.1960
    image  c.1960,     The Goldring Store was located at the southwest corner of Brock and Victoria Streets. From the 1890s until 1911, the store was operated by the Jackson family. The Goldring family operated the store from 1911 to 1967 when the building was demolished.
    image  c.1960,   The Goldring Store was located at the southwest corner of Brock and Victoria Streets. From the 1890s until 1911, the store was operated by the Jackson family. The Goldring family ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Port Whitby Lighthouse and Pier, 1941
    Port Whitby Lighthouse and Pier, 1941
    image  1941,     Black and white photograph of the Port Whitby Lighthouse and pier in 1941. The lighthouse was built in 1857 and removed from the pier in 1958. It was taken to the Muckle farm, West of Whitby and eventually rotted away.
    image  1941,   Black and white photograph of the Port Whitby Lighthouse and pier in 1941. The lighthouse was built in 1857 and removed from the pier in 1958. It was taken to ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • St. John's Anglican Church, 1904
    St. John's Anglican Church, 1904
    image  1904,     Bottom of postcard reads: "ST. JOHN'S (ANGLICAN) CHURCH, PORT WHITBY"
    image  1904,   Bottom of postcard reads: "ST. JOHN'S (ANGLICAN) CHURCH, PORT WHITBY"
    Whitby Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Features
Creative Commons