We found 6468 matching items.
Item type(s):  Postcards  
Finnish Hall Theatre Cast 

Finnish Hall Theatre Cast

imagemystery   This photo shows the cast of a Finlandia Club production at the Finnish Hall.See `Performance` by George Campbell 790.20971312 CAM (page 63)

Thunder Bay Public Library

Finnish Hall Theatre Performance 

Finnish Hall Theatre Performance

imagemystery   This photo shows a scene from a Finlandia Club production at the Finnish Hall.

Thunder Bay Public Library

Finnish Hall Theatre Performance 

Finnish Hall Theatre Performance

imagemystery   This photo shows the cast of a Finlandia Club production at the Finnish Hall.

Thunder Bay Public Library

Finnish Hall Theatre Performance 

Finnish Hall Theatre Performance

imagemystery   This photo shows a scene from a Finlandia Club production at the Finnish Hall. The text at the bottom of the photo reads "Fort W:n Nayytamo Marttyyrit"

Thunder Bay Public Library

Grain Elevators 

Grain Elevators

image   Colour postcard showing Thunder Bay Harbour and its grain elevators. The back of the postcard reads "World Port on the Inland Sea: Though the city of Thunder Bay is geographically in the centre of Canada, its harbour is the country's thrid largest, and is serviced by ocean-going ships of all...

Thunder Bay Public Library

Unidentified Soldiers, c.1917 

Unidentified Soldiers, c.1917

imagecomment c.1917,   Black and white photograph showing two soldiers in a studio portrait. The soldier on the right is Thomas Porter.Thomas Porter was born in Reach Township on 1 January 1898 and died at Brooklin on 10 January 1974. He is buried at Groveside Cemetery, Brooklin.

Whitby Public Library

14 Elgin Street, Galt, Ontario 

14 Elgin Street, Galt, Ontario

imagecomment [193-],   Black and white photograph postcard of exterior of house located at 14 Elgin Street, Galt, Ontario. A man and woman are standing next to a parked automobile.The present day address of the house is 6 Elgin Street, Galt, Ontario. The man and woman shown are believed to be William and Mary Gray. ...

Kitchener Public Library

Jacquelyn's Bridge, 1916 

Jacquelyn's Bridge, 1916

imagecommentmystery 1916,   November 2011; a comment has been received that this bridge is possibly the original one that carried Fourth Line north over the Sixteen Mile Creek. "Jacquelyn's Bridge" would have been about 100 feet further along of the present day north side bridge abutment shown in the 2nd recent photograph...
43.662342, -80.32275 43.662342 -80.32275

Trafalgar Township Historical Society

Methodist Fresh Air Home, c. 1918 

Methodist Fresh Air Home, c. 1918

image 1918,   Recto of a black and white postcard of the Methodist Deaconess Home.The Deaconesses of the Methodist Church in Toronto opened a Fresh Air Home at Heydenshore Park in July 1902 for underprivileged children from Toronto's poorest districts. The home operated until approximately 1932 when it was...
43.850616, -78.92103 43.850616 -78.92103

Whitby Public Library

Ontario Ladies' College, c. 1903 

Ontario Ladies' College, c. 1903

image 1903,   A colour postcard of the front of Ontario Ladies College. There are people playing croquet on the front lawn.Trafalgar Castle was built for Nelson Gilbert Reynolds (1814-1881), Sheriff of Ontario County from 1852 to 1881. The Sheriff lived in Trafalgar Castle from 1862 until 1874 when he sold the...
43.878563, -78.93292 43.878563 -78.93292

Whitby Public Library

Ontario County Courthouse	
 

Ontario County Courthouse

image   A colour postcard of the Ontario County Courthouse.The creator and date of the postcard is unknown. The Ontario County Courthouse was built from 1852-1854 on the west side of Centre Street between Ontario Street and Gilbert Streets. The architects were Frederic Cumberland and William Storm of...
43.87541, -78.94314 43.87541 -78.94314

Whitby Public Library

Methodist Tabernacle, c. 1903 

Methodist Tabernacle, c. 1903

image 1903,   A postcard of the Methodist Tabernacle. There is a message written under the picture.The Methodist Tabernacle was built in 1875-76 at the south-east corner of Centre and Colborne Streets. It became the Whitby United Church in 1925 and St. Mark's United Church in 1962.Recto: Under the picture:...
43.87805, -78.94416 43.87805 -78.94416

Whitby Public Library

Canada Post Card, c. 1898 

Canada Post Card, c. 1898

image 11 March 1898,   A Canada post card addressed to James C. Haight, Barrister.A Canada post card addressed to James C. Haight, Barrister from Lyman Theophilus Barclay. Mr. Barclay (1855-1925) was a lawyer in Whitby and became clerk of the County Court in 1881. In 1913 he moved his law practice to Edmonton, Alberta....
43.88167, -78.933334 43.88167 -78.933334

Whitby Public Library

Train, Military Convalescent Hospital, 1918 

Train, Military Convalescent Hospital, 1918

image 1918,   A black and white photograph of a train which ran on a spur line from the Junction Station to the military hospital. The railway car behind the engine is a Grand Trunk Passenger Car.This railway was built to bring visitors to the hospital when it was first used by the Military from 1917 to...

Whitby Public Library

St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (Whitby), 1908 

St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (Whitby), 1908

image 1908,   A colour photographic postcard of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church.St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church was built in 1859 at the north west corner of Byron Street and St. John Street in Whitby. It served as a presbyterian church until 1968.Recto: Presbyterian Church, Whitby, Ont. Verso: Miss Ella...

Whitby Public Library

Hannah (Burke) Readhead remembrance card 

Hannah (Burke) Readhead remembrance card

image 1893,   Hannah (Burke) Readhead remembrance card

Burlington Historical Society

John Dundas Howden at his desk in the Post Office, c.1910-1924 

John Dundas Howden at his desk in the Post Office, c.1910-1924

image c.1910-1924,   A black and white photograph of John Dundas Howden at his desk in the post office.John Dundas Howden was Whitby's postmaster from 1885 to 1924. This picture shows him at work at his desk in the post office that was opened at the Four Corners in September 1910. The stone post office was built...

Whitby Public Library

Heydenshore Park Entrance, 1906 

Heydenshore Park Entrance, 1906

image 1906,   A postcard showing the entrance to Heydneshore Park. View looking west across the to Whitby Harbour. The building in the background at centre is the water pump station, built in 1904. The building in the background at right is the Harbour Company grain elevator, built in 1867 and demolished in...
43.85087, -78.92217 43.85087 -78.92217

Whitby Public Library

Methodist Tabernacle, 1906 

Methodist Tabernacle, 1906

image 1906,   A photographic postcard of the Methodist Tabernacle, Whitby.The Methodist Tabernacle was built in 1875-76 at the south-east corner of Centre and Colborne Streets. It became the Whitby United Church in 1925 and St. Mark's United Church in 1962.Recto: Top Left: Methodist Tabernacle, Whitby,...
43.87781, -78.94519 43.87781 -78.94519

Whitby Public Library

King Street School, c.1925 

King Street School, c.1925

image c.1925,   A postcard showing King Street School. The school was photographed from the side. There is a person standing at the side entrance.King Street School was built in 1921 on the block bounded by King, Dunlop, Henry, and Gilbert Streets. It was built to replace Henry Street School which burned down in...
43.87618, -78.94535 43.87618 -78.94535

Whitby Public Library

Ontario Ladies' College, c.1920 

Ontario Ladies' College, c.1920

image c.1920,   This is a postcard of the Ontario Ladies' College exterior.Bottom Left: Ontario Ladies College, Whitby, Ont
43.87851, -78.93299 43.87851 -78.93299

Whitby Public Library

134 Byron Street North, c. 1972 

134 Byron Street North, c. 1972

image 1972,   A coloured postcard of the Lucien Motel.In the Spring of 1972, Lucien Charest constructed a nine-unit motel north of the old Nathaniel Ray residence on Byron Street North. He painted the Ray house white and used it as his residence and office. The $50,000 Lucien Motel was officially opened on June...
43.881123, -78.94436 43.881123 -78.94436

Whitby Public Library

Boat on Unidentified Lake 

Boat on Unidentified Lake

imagemystery circa 1937,   This postcard shows a boat on an unidentified lake, possibly in the Red Rock area.

Thunder Bay Public Library

Red Rock Slide 

Red Rock Slide

image July 30, 1937,   

Thunder Bay Public Library

Construction of Trestle Bridge 

Construction of Trestle Bridge

image August 12, 1937,   

Thunder Bay Public Library

Red Rock Slide 

Red Rock Slide

image July 30, 1937,   

Thunder Bay Public Library

Red Rock Slide 

Red Rock Slide

image July 30, 1937,   

Thunder Bay Public Library

Transmission and Transportation Lines to the Lake Superior Co. 

Transmission and Transportation Lines to the Lake Superior Co.

image July 27, 1937,   

Thunder Bay Public Library

Construction of Trestle Bridge 

Construction of Trestle Bridge

image August 12, 1937,   

Thunder Bay Public Library

Construction of Trestle Bridge 

Construction of Trestle Bridge

image August 12, 1937,   

Thunder Bay Public Library

William Earl Armstrong, Freeman  police constable, ca 1910 

William Earl Armstrong, Freeman police constable, ca 1910

image ca 1910,   A laser copy and photocopy of the original postcard. On the reverse: "MARK HASTINGS / William Earl Armstrong / Police Constable, Freeman / retired 1911/ Grandpa Armstrong / died March 12, 1929 / buried in Brantford / March 15, 1929." Maurice Hastings married Mary Ruh, a granddaughter of William...

Burlington Historical Society

James Dobson, General Store, Palermo, 1908 

James Dobson, General Store, Palermo, 1908

image   Post masters often had postcards of their establishment available to make it easy for customers to use the mail. This general store was one of two at Palermo (Bronte Road and Hwy. 5). It stood on the north-east corner of the intersection and the house shown to the right still stands there (in...

Trafalgar Township Historical Society

Lowville General Store,  now 6179 Guelph Line, ca 1910 

Lowville General Store, now 6179 Guelph Line, ca 1910

image ca 1900,   Exterior view of south and east elevations of the General Store in Lowville, with people standing in front of the verandah. Stagecoach and carriage, both with horses. Barn in the background. Telegraph line pole. The dirt road in the foreground is Guelph Line, where it turns west to accommodate the...
43.432446, -79.90583 43.432446 -79.90583

Burlington Historical Society

Stores - CV Shaws General Store & Ice Cream Parlour - Postcard - RS0038 

Stores - CV Shaws General Store & Ice Cream Parlour - Postcard - RS0038

image 1940,   Book 2, page 3

Rosseau Historical Society

Brooklin Mill 

Brooklin Mill

image c.1924,   A black and white photograph of Brooklin Mill. There are two men standing near a truck outside the mill. The men standing by the truck are: Charles Wilson, owner of the mill and William Parrinder.The Brooklin Mill was built in 1848 by Robert Campbell. This picture shows the east side of the mill.
43.88333, -78.933334 43.88333 -78.933334

Whitby Public Library

Brooklin Mill 

Brooklin Mill

image c.1907,   A black and white photograph of the Brooklin Mill.The Brooklin Mill was built in 1848 by Robert Campbell. The view in this photo looks east on Mill Street (Cassels Road). The Mill was located at 25 Cassels Road East, Brooklin.Lower Right: "The Mill, Brooklin, Ont."
43.88333, -78.933334 43.88333 -78.933334

Whitby Public Library

Brooklin looking north west from Church Street 

Brooklin looking north west from Church Street

image c.1906,   A black and white photograph of downtown Brooklin. This view shows the mill (at right), the Masonic Hall and the Methodist Church (at left).The mill was built in 1848. The Masonic Hall was built in 1871 on the north side of Mill Street (Cassels Road). The Methodist Church was built in 1867 at...
43.88333, -78.933334 43.88333 -78.933334

Whitby Public Library

Brooklin Mill Street Looking West From Church Street 

Brooklin Mill Street Looking West From Church Street

image c.1912,   A black and white photograph of Brooklin Mill Street looking west from Church Street.The mill was built in 1848. The Masonic Hall was built in 1871 on the north side of Mill Street (Cassels Road). The Methodist Church was built in 1867 at the south east corner of Mill and Princess Streets.Bottom...
43.88333, -78.933334 43.88333 -78.933334

Whitby Public Library

Mill Street looking east and Brooklin Mill 

Mill Street looking east and Brooklin Mill

imagecomment c.1906,   A black and white photograph of Mill Street (now Cassels Road) looking east and the Brooklin Mill.The Brooklin Mill was built in 1848. The house at left has been demolished.
43.955257, -78.95908 43.955257 -78.95908

Whitby Public Library

Brooklin looking west from Church Street and Albert Street 

Brooklin looking west from Church Street and Albert Street

image 1906,   A black and white photograph of Brooklin looking west from Church Street and Albert Street. The church steeple is that of the Methodist church. The frame building to the right of the steeple is the Masonic Hall. At right is the Brooklin Mill.Top Centre: View of Brooklin.
43.88333, -78.933334 43.88333 -78.933334

Whitby Public Library

Web Tools
Google Earth [help]
Search within these results
Media Types
Contributors
Locations
Groups/Collections
Item types
Features