Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 5377 matching items.
Media Types Images   Item type(s) Photographic Prints  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Aldershot - Harbour - Brown's Wharf
    Aldershot - Harbour - Brown's Wharf
    Image       Alexander Brown built what became known as Brown's Wharf in the mid nineteenth century. It soon became a major shipping point, making Aldershot a major stop for many ships delivering and picking up supplies. The wharf was on the north side of Hamilton Harbour near what is now La Salle ...
    Image     Alexander Brown built what became known as Brown's Wharf in the mid nineteenth century. It soon became a major shipping point, making Aldershot a major stop for many ships delivering ...
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Aldershot - Historic Houses - Brown's House
    Aldershot - Historic Houses - Brown's House
    Image       The home of Alexander Brown was moved by the Hamilton Parks Board from its original site, where the La Salle Park Pavilion now stands, to its present location on the north side of the North Shore Boulevard. It was Alexander Brown who built Brown's Wharf, near the present La Salle ...
    Image     The home of Alexander Brown was moved by the Hamilton Parks Board from its original site, where the La Salle Park Pavilion now stands, to its present location on the ...
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Aldershot - Historic Houses - Mills Homestead
    Aldershot - Historic Houses - Mills Homestead
    Image       George Laidler, a local historian, took photographs of many historic sites in and around Hamilton. This is the Mills Homestead in Aldershot, formerly part of East Flamborough.
    Image     George Laidler, a local historian, took photographs of many historic sites in and around Hamilton. This is the Mills Homestead in Aldershot, formerly part of East Flamborough.
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Aldershot - Historic Houses - Mills Homestead
    Aldershot - Historic Houses - Mills Homestead
    Image       George Laidler, a local historian, took photographs of many historic sites in and around Hamilton. This is the Mills Homestead in Aldershot, formerly part of East Flamborough.
    Image     George Laidler, a local historian, took photographs of many historic sites in and around Hamilton. This is the Mills Homestead in Aldershot, formerly part of East Flamborough.
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Aldershot - Mills
    Aldershot - Mills
    Image       The ruins of an old mill in Aldershot, formerly part of the Township of East Flamborough, now part of the city of Burlington.
    Image     The ruins of an old mill in Aldershot, formerly part of the Township of East Flamborough, now part of the city of Burlington.
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Aldershot - Railways - Grand Trunk Railway Station
    Aldershot - Railways - Grand Trunk Railway Station
    Image       The Waterdown Railway Station was located in Aldershot during the time that it was a part of East Flamborough Township.
    Image     The Waterdown Railway Station was located in Aldershot during the time that it was a part of East Flamborough Township.
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Ancaster
    Ancaster
    Image       Cows and a cowherd on an otherwise unidentified farm in the town of Ancaster.
    Image     Cows and a cowherd on an otherwise unidentified farm in the town of Ancaster.
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Ancaster
    Ancaster
    Image       A winter scene in Ancaster, showing a boy on a sleigh pulled by a pair of dogs. The house is Sunnyside, long the home of the Farmer family, on Wilson Street, The house was originally built for Dr. Richardson.
    Image     A winter scene in Ancaster, showing a boy on a sleigh pulled by a pair of dogs. The house is Sunnyside, long the home of the Farmer family, on Wilson ...
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Ancaster - Streets - Wilson Street East
    Ancaster - Streets - Wilson Street East
    Image       The old carriage factory on Wilson Street East at Halson Street.
    Image     The old carriage factory on Wilson Street East at Halson Street.
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Ancaster - Streets - Wilson Street East
    Ancaster - Streets - Wilson Street East
    Image       A winter street scene showing horse and carriage and horse and wagon in Ancaster. On the right is Job Lodor's store which was built about 1821 and located at 350-352 Wilson Street East. It was demolished to make way for the Village Green Plaza. The canopy on the left is ...
    Image     A winter street scene showing horse and carriage and horse and wagon in Ancaster. On the right is Job Lodor's store which was built about 1821 and located at 350-352 ...
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Ancaster - Schools - S. S. #5
    Ancaster - Schools - S. S. #5
    Image       S. S. #5, located near what is now the intersection of Academy Street and Lodor Street, was the third school built in Ancaster. It was erected in 1837. It served as a school for over 100 years, until it burned down in 1947.
    Image     S. S. #5, located near what is now the intersection of Academy Street and Lodor Street, was the third school built in Ancaster. It was erected in 1837. It served ...
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Ancaster
    Ancaster
    Image       Built for Dr. Richardson, who opened his office in Ancaster in 1844, this house was owned for many years by the Farmer family and known as Sunnyside.
    Image     Built for Dr. Richardson, who opened his office in Ancaster in 1844, this house was owned for many years by the Farmer family and known as Sunnyside.
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Ancaster
    Ancaster
    Image       The Ancaster Evaporator stood about where the original Wilson grist mill was located on the north-east corner of Wilson and Rousseau Streets. A cigar factory had been built on the site in 1882 and later burned. It was rebuilt as an evaporator in 1903 for drying fruits and vegetables. It ...
    Image     The Ancaster Evaporator stood about where the original Wilson grist mill was located on the north-east corner of Wilson and Rousseau Streets. A cigar factory had been built on the ...
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Ancaster
    Ancaster
    Image       Wilson Street in Ancaster showing the Amber Glow Hotel, circa 1912.
    Image     Wilson Street in Ancaster showing the Amber Glow Hotel, circa 1912.
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Ancaster
    Ancaster
    Image       A view of Ancaster, looking towards the town with St. John's Anglican Church visible on the right.
    Image     A view of Ancaster, looking towards the town with St. John's Anglican Church visible on the right.
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Ancaster
    Ancaster
    Image       A view of a farmhouse in Ancaster, otherwise unidentified. The names Robertson, Craigie, Terryberry and Greene as well as the names Rev. J. Hamilton and F. Hamilton were noted on the original image. The house was located at 540 Wilson Street East. It was demolished for the construction of a ...
    Image     A view of a farmhouse in Ancaster, otherwise unidentified. The names Robertson, Craigie, Terryberry and Greene as well as the names Rev. J. Hamilton and F. Hamilton were noted on ...
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Ancaster
    Ancaster
    Image       A view of a farm in Ancaster, otherwise unidentified.
    Image     A view of a farm in Ancaster, otherwise unidentified.
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Ancaster
    Ancaster
    Image       A winter view of Wilson Street in Ancaster, probably taken from the tower of St. John's Anglican Church.
    Image     A winter view of Wilson Street in Ancaster, probably taken from the tower of St. John's Anglican Church.
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Ancaster
    Ancaster
    Image       A view of Wilson Street in Ancaster taken from the tower of St. John's Anglican Church
    Image     A view of Wilson Street in Ancaster taken from the tower of St. John's Anglican Church
    Hamilton Public Library
  • Ancaster - Schools - S. S. #5
    Ancaster - Schools - S. S. #5
    Image       S. S. #5, located near what is now the intersection of Academy Street and Lodor Street, was the third school built in Ancaster. It was erected in 1837. It served as a school for over 100 years, until it burned down in 1947.
    Image     S. S. #5, located near what is now the intersection of Academy Street and Lodor Street, was the third school built in Ancaster. It was erected in 1837. It served ...
    Hamilton Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
  • Location unidentified (5377)
Item Types