Skip to content


Results

We found 42 matching items.
  • Remove Search term Geographic Location: Tillsonburg
  • Remove Search term Item types: Collages
  • Remove Search term Item types: Envelopes
  • Remove Search term Item types: Adoption announcements
  • Remove Search term Item types: Photographs
  • Remove Search term Item types: Wood engravings
  • Remove Search term Item types: Scrapbooks
  • Remove Search term Item types: Postcards
  • Remove Search term Item types: Negatives
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • High School in Tillsonburg, ON
    High School in Tillsonburg, ON
    ImageText       In 1894, a high school was built for the Town of Tillsonburg on land located on Lisgar Court, donated by E.D. Tillson. Over the years, the high school was added onto several times to make space for an increasing student population. Finally, a second high school was built in 1960, …
    ImageText     In 1894, a high school was built for the Town of Tillsonburg on land located on Lisgar Court, donated by E.D. Tillson. Over the years, the high school was added …
    Oxford County Archives
  • Arlington Hotel, Tillsonburg ON
    Arlington Hotel, Tillsonburg ON
    ImageText       On the southwest corner of the market and Broadway in Tillsonburg, Ontario, Adam Matheson opened a hotel known as Matheson House. Unlike its competitors, it was of frame construction and resembled a large house. It was considered to have the best bar and dining room in town. In January 1893, …
    ImageText     On the southwest corner of the market and Broadway in Tillsonburg, Ontario, Adam Matheson opened a hotel known as Matheson House. Unlike its competitors, it was of frame construction and …
    Oxford County Archives
  • Memorial Hospital, Tillsonburg, ON
    Memorial Hospital, Tillsonburg, ON
    ImageText       The hospital was opened in Tillsonburg, Ontario, on March 22, 1926, and was named the Soldiers Memorial Hospital. It was erected in memory of the soldiers who lost their lives in the First World War. Since its opening, it had undergone number renovations and had additions constructed.
    ImageText     The hospital was opened in Tillsonburg, Ontario, on March 22, 1926, and was named the Soldiers Memorial Hospital. It was erected in memory of the soldiers who lost their lives …
    Oxford County Archives
  • St. John's Anglican Church, Tillsonburg ON
    St. John's Anglican Church, Tillsonburg ON
    ImageText       The current St. John's Anglican Church (pictured here) was constructed at the corner of Bidwell and Ridout Streets in Tillsonburg, Ontario from 1899 to 1900. There were two Anglican churches prior to this, with the first being built in 1868 and destroyed by fire in 1870, and the second built …
    ImageText     The current St. John's Anglican Church (pictured here) was constructed at the corner of Bidwell and Ridout Streets in Tillsonburg, Ontario from 1899 to 1900. There were two Anglican churches …
    Oxford County Archives
  • Unidentified Man Inspecting a Peanut Plant, Tillsonburg, ON
    Unidentified Man Inspecting a Peanut Plant, Tillsonburg, ON
    Imagemystery       Coyle Bros. IHC catalogue number: 4363. Alternate view taken, but not scanned. IHC catalogue number: 4362.
    Imagemystery     Coyle Bros. IHC catalogue number: 4363. Alternate view taken, but not scanned. IHC catalogue number: 4362.
    McLaughlin Library ASC: Agricultural, Rural, & Scottish Images
  • Public Library, St.Johns Anglican Church, St.Paul's United Church and Post Office. Tillsonburg
    Public Library, St.Johns Anglican Church, St.Paul's United Church and Post Office. Tillsonburg
    ImageText       The Tillsonburg Public Library was originally the Carnegie Library from approximately 1915, The library was rebuilt in 1974 on the original site of The Carnegie Library. The current St. John's Anglican Church (pictured here) was constructed at the corner of Bidwell and Ridout Streets in Tillsonburg, Ontario from 1899 to …
    ImageText     The Tillsonburg Public Library was originally the Carnegie Library from approximately 1915, The library was rebuilt in 1974 on the original site of The Carnegie Library. The current St. John's …
    Oxford County Archives
  • Broadway St. North, Tillsonburg, Ont.
    Broadway St. North, Tillsonburg, Ont.
    ImageTextmystery       This is Broadway St. North in Tillsonburg, Ontario in 1917
    ImageTextmystery     This is Broadway St. North in Tillsonburg, Ontario in 1917
    Oxford County Archives
  • The Flour Mill, Tillsonburg, Ont.
    The Flour Mill, Tillsonburg, Ont.
    ImageTextmystery       This is a view of one of the flour mills in Tillsonburg, Ont.
    ImageTextmystery     This is a view of one of the flour mills in Tillsonburg, Ont.
    Oxford County Archives
  • Van Norman Rollway, Tillsonburg, Ont.
    Van Norman Rollway, Tillsonburg, Ont.
    ImageTextmystery       This is a photo of people om a boat ride down the Van Norman Rollway in Tillsonburg, Ontario.
    ImageTextmystery     This is a photo of people om a boat ride down the Van Norman Rollway in Tillsonburg, Ontario.
    Oxford County Archives
  • Tillsonburg Public Library
    Tillsonburg Public Library
    ImageText       The Tillsonburg Public Library was originally the Carnegie Library from approximately 1915, The library was rebuilt in 1974 on the original site of The Carnegie Library.
    ImageText     The Tillsonburg Public Library was originally the Carnegie Library from approximately 1915, The library was rebuilt in 1974 on the original site of The Carnegie Library.
    Oxford County Archives
  • Main Street, Tillsonburg
    Main Street, Tillsonburg
    ImageText       This is a view of main street in Tillsonburg, Ontario.
    ImageText     This is a view of main street in Tillsonburg, Ontario.
    Oxford County Archives
  • Broadway, Tillsonburg
    Broadway, Tillsonburg
    ImageText       This is a view of Broadway in Tillsonburg, formerly named Main Street.
    ImageText     This is a view of Broadway in Tillsonburg, formerly named Main Street.
    Oxford County Archives
  • Broadway, Tillsonburg
    Broadway, Tillsonburg
    ImageText       This is a view of Broadway in Tillsonburg, formerly known as Main Street.
    ImageText     This is a view of Broadway in Tillsonburg, formerly known as Main Street.
    Oxford County Archives
  • Main Street, Tillsonburg
    Main Street, Tillsonburg
    ImageText       This is a view of Main Street in Tillsonburg.
    ImageText     This is a view of Main Street in Tillsonburg.
    Oxford County Archives
  • Oxford and London Streets and Sulphur Spring, Tillsonburg
    Oxford and London Streets and Sulphur Spring, Tillsonburg
    ImageText       This is a view of Oxford and London streets as well as Sulpher Spring.
    ImageText     This is a view of Oxford and London streets as well as Sulpher Spring.
    Oxford County Archives
  • The Flour Mill, Tillsonburg
    The Flour Mill, Tillsonburg
    ImageTextmystery       This is a view of one of Tillsonburgs many mills.
    ImageTextmystery     This is a view of one of Tillsonburgs many mills.
    Oxford County Archives
  • Borden Condensory, Tillsonburg
    Borden Condensory, Tillsonburg
    ImageText       The plant opened in 1908, and in the 1920s the Canadian Milk Products Company took over and started manufacturing powdered milk. The plant was closed in 1968 and was later demolished.
    ImageText     The plant opened in 1908, and in the 1920s the Canadian Milk Products Company took over and started manufacturing powdered milk. The plant was closed in 1968 and was later …
    Oxford County Archives
  • Mil Mar Manor, Tillsonburg
    Mil Mar Manor, Tillsonburg
    Image       Mil Mar Manor was an event venue and banquet hall just outside of Tillsonburg, it was owned by Punk and Marg Milmine. The manor burnt down in January of 1980.
    Image     Mil Mar Manor was an event venue and banquet hall just outside of Tillsonburg, it was owned by Punk and Marg Milmine. The manor burnt down in January of 1980.
    Oxford County Archives
  • Tourist Information and Clock Tower, Tillsonburg
    Tourist Information and Clock Tower, Tillsonburg
    Image       This is a view of the Tillsonburg clock tower that used to be part of the old post office.
    Image     This is a view of the Tillsonburg clock tower that used to be part of the old post office.
    Oxford County Archives
  • Broadway Looking South, Tillsonburg
    Broadway Looking South, Tillsonburg
    Image       This is a view of Broadway in Tillsonburg looking south.
    Image     This is a view of Broadway in Tillsonburg looking south.
    Oxford County Archives
Web Tools:
Dublin Core | Mods
Contributors
Media Types
Location
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
  • Postcards
  • Photographs
  • Negatives
Years
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
20202020202120222023202420252026202720282029
Features
Creative Commons