Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 197 matching items.
Media Types    Geographic Location Whitby   Item type(s) Announcements or Photographs   Decade 1960  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 417 Green Street, April 17, 1966
    417 Green Street, April 17, 1966
    image  17 April 1966,     This house was built in 1869 for Whitby jeweler James Johnston.
    image  17 April 1966,   This house was built in 1869 for Whitby jeweler James Johnston.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 401 Green Street, April 17, 1966
    401 Green Street, April 17, 1966
    image  17 April 1966,     This brick house was built in 1861 for Thomas Deverell, a Whitby contractor. An addition was built at the back of the house in the 1980s.
    image  17 April 1966,   This brick house was built in 1861 for Thomas Deverell, a Whitby contractor. An addition was built at the back of the house in the 1980s.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 301 Byron Street South, February 1962
    301 Byron Street South, February 1962
    image  February 1962,     This house on the south-east corner of Dunlop and Byron Streets was built in 1874 for Nelson Gilbert Reynolds when he sold Trafalgar Castle to the Methodist Church to become the Ontario Ladies' College. After his death in 1881 it was the house of Reverend Matthew Gold. From 1904 to ...
    image  February 1962,   This house on the south-east corner of Dunlop and Byron Streets was built in 1874 for Nelson Gilbert Reynolds when he sold Trafalgar Castle to the Methodist Church to become ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962
    Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962
    image  The Whitby Weekly News, Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962, "Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962," Whitby Weekly News, July 1962     The swimming pool in Kinsmen park was built between 1949 and 1953 and was demolished in 1993. The change rooms were built by the Rotary Club of Whitby.
    image  The Whitby Weekly News, Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962, "Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962," Whitby Weekly News, July 1962   The swimming pool in Kinsmen park was built between 1949 and 1953 and was demolished in 1993. The change rooms were built by the Rotary Club of Whitby.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Peel Park, c. 1960
    Peel Park, c. 1960
    image  1960,     ... 1960s....
    image  1960,   ... 1960s....
    Whitby Public Library
  • 111 Dundas Street West, October 3, 1965
    111 Dundas Street West, October 3, 1965
    image  3 October 1965,     This building was constructed in 1888 by Whitby Contractor Thomas Deverell. It was painted and remodelled in the 1970s.
    image  3 October 1965,   This building was constructed in 1888 by Whitby Contractor Thomas Deverell. It was painted and remodelled in the 1970s.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 153, 159 and 163 Brock Street North, September 1964
    153, 159 and 163 Brock Street North, September 1964
    image  September, 1964,     The building on the left is the Rainbow Restaurant located at 163 Brock Street North. The Tuck Shop is the centre building located at 159 Brock Street North. The frame building on the right, 153 Brock Street North, was demolished in September 1964 and replaced by a drive-in car wash.
    image  September, 1964,   The building on the left is the Rainbow Restaurant located at 163 Brock Street North. The Tuck Shop is the centre building located at 159 Brock Street North. The frame ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Gordon Osborne, ca.1965
    Gordon Osborne, ca.1965
    imagecomment  ca.1965,     ... Canadian Red Cross Society.Osborne moved to Oshawa by 1960 and died there on 1...
    imagecomment  ca.1965,   ... Canadian Red Cross Society.Osborne moved to Oshawa by 1960 and died there on 1...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Hairdressing Salon at Fairview Lodge, c. 1960
    Hairdressing Salon at Fairview Lodge, c. 1960
    image  1960,     Fairview Lodge was built as the County Home for the Aged to replace the old House of Refuge in 1950/51 and was officially opened by Ontario Premier Leslie M. Frost on December 19, 1951.
    image  1960,   Fairview Lodge was built as the County Home for the Aged to replace the old House of Refuge in 1950/51 and was officially opened by Ontario Premier Leslie M. Frost ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Sitting Room at Fairview Lodge, c.1960
    Sitting Room at Fairview Lodge, c.1960
    image  1960,     Fairview Lodge was built as the County Home for the Aged to replace the old House of Refuge in 1950/51 and was officially opened by Ontario Premier Leslie M. Frost on December 19, 1951.
    image  1960,   Fairview Lodge was built as the County Home for the Aged to replace the old House of Refuge in 1950/51 and was officially opened by Ontario Premier Leslie M. Frost ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Sitting Room at Fairview Lodge A. Wing, c. 1960
    Sitting Room at Fairview Lodge A. Wing, c. 1960
    image  1960,     Fairview Lodge was built as the County Home for the Aged to replace the old House of Refuge in 1950/51 and was officially opened by Premier Leslie M. Frost on December 19, 1951.
    image  1960,   Fairview Lodge was built as the County Home for the Aged to replace the old House of Refuge in 1950/51 and was officially opened by Premier Leslie M. Frost on ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Fire Department, 1969
    Whitby Fire Department, 1969
    image  1969,     Back row: Warren Watson, John Visser, Fred Hatch, William Debosky, Don Moore, B. Correll, Don Puckrin, Charlie Burns, Clayton Mark, Ronald Hawkins, William Clarke, Robert HuitemaFront row: Bud Dilling, Bud Heard, John Heard, Kenneth Corner, Harold Bonnetta, Warren Mowat, Jim Corner, William Martin, Glenn Stephens, G. White, W. RowellAbsent: Leroy ...
    image  1969,   Back row: Warren Watson, John Visser, Fred Hatch, William Debosky, Don Moore, B. Correll, Don Puckrin, Charlie Burns, Clayton Mark, Ronald Hawkins, William Clarke, Robert HuitemaFront row: Bud Dilling, Bud ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Herbert Luther Pringle, December 1961
    Herbert Luther Pringle, December 1961
    image  December 1961,     Herbert Luther Pringle was born at Whitby on April 5, 1885. After his graduation, from the University of Toronto's School of Practical Science, in 1906 he was a railroad engineer for seven years in the Philippines. He then worked on banana plantations as an Irrigation Engineer in Columbia. He returned ...
    image  December 1961,   Herbert Luther Pringle was born at Whitby on April 5, 1885. After his graduation, from the University of Toronto's School of Practical Science, in 1906 he was a railroad engineer ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Township Council, January 1961
    Whitby Township Council, January 1961
    image  January 1961,     Left to right: Deputy Reeve John Goodwin, Jim Brooks, Reeve W. Heber Down, Frank Thompson, Clerk Murray Robinson, John Dryden.
    image  January 1961,   Left to right: Deputy Reeve John Goodwin, Jim Brooks, Reeve W. Heber Down, Frank Thompson, Clerk Murray Robinson, John Dryden.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Therapy Room Fairview Lodge B. Wing, c. 1960
    Therapy Room Fairview Lodge B. Wing, c. 1960
    image  1960,     Fairview Lodge was built as the County Home for the Aged to replace the old House of Refuge in 1950/51 and was officially opened by Ontario Premier Leslie M. Frost on December 19, 1951.
    image  1960,   Fairview Lodge was built as the County Home for the Aged to replace the old House of Refuge in 1950/51 and was officially opened by Ontario Premier Leslie M. Frost ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Dr. Frank Warren Plaque St. John's Anglican Church, c. 1965
    Dr. Frank Warren Plaque St. John's Anglican Church, c. 1965
    image  The Whitby Weekly News, Dr. Frank Warren Plaque St. John's Anglican Church, c. 1965, "Dr. Frank Warren Plaque St. John's Anglican Church, c. 1965," Whitby Weekly News, 1965     An unidentified woman and Minister shaking hands in front of the Dr. Frank Warren plaque at St. John's Anglican church.
    image  The Whitby Weekly News, Dr. Frank Warren Plaque St. John's Anglican Church, c. 1965, "Dr. Frank Warren Plaque St. John's Anglican Church, c. 1965," Whitby Weekly News, 1965   An unidentified woman and Minister shaking hands in front of the Dr. Frank Warren plaque at St. John's Anglican church.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Methodist Church, April 17, 1966
    Whitby Methodist Church, April 17, 1966
    image  17 April 1966,     This Methodist Church was built in 1855/56 and opened on March 23, 1856. In 1876 it was replaced with the Methodist Tabernacle at 201 Centre Street South. In 1877, Reverend John S. Clarke divided the old church into two apartments.
    image  17 April 1966,   This Methodist Church was built in 1855/56 and opened on March 23, 1856. In 1876 it was replaced with the Methodist Tabernacle at 201 Centre Street South. In 1877, Reverend ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Methodist Church, April 17, 1966
    Whitby Methodist Church, April 17, 1966
    image  17 April 1966,     This Methodist Church was built in 1855/56 and opened on March 23, 1856. In 1876 it was replace with the Methodist Tabernacle at 201 Centre Street South. In 1877, Reverend John S. Clarke divided the old church into two apartments.
    image  17 April 1966,   This Methodist Church was built in 1855/56 and opened on March 23, 1856. In 1876 it was replace with the Methodist Tabernacle at 201 Centre Street South. In 1877, Reverend ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Baptist Church, May 1967
    Whitby Baptist Church, May 1967
    image  May 1967,     .... Andrew's Presbyterian Baptist Church. In the late 1960s it was a Mediterranean...
    image  May 1967,   .... Andrew's Presbyterian Baptist Church. In the late 1960s it was a Mediterranean...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Rossland Road Free Methodist Church, October 1968
    Rossland Road Free Methodist Church, October 1968
    image  The Oshawa Times, Rossland Road Free Methodist Church, October 1968, "Rossland Road Free Methodist Church, October 1968," Oshawa Times, October 1968     The Rossland Road Free Methodist Church was built in 1967-68 and replaced by a new church on the same site in 1981. The sod for the church was turned on June 25, 1967 and the dedication was on November 3, 1968. The old house at left was used as a ...
    image  The Oshawa Times, Rossland Road Free Methodist Church, October 1968, "Rossland Road Free Methodist Church, October 1968," Oshawa Times, October 1968   The Rossland Road Free Methodist Church was built in 1967-68 and replaced by a new church on the same site in 1981. The sod for the church was turned on ...
    Whitby Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results