Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 7 matching items.
Contributors Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario   Media Types Images   Item type(s) Announcements or Photographs   Decade 1960  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • West Haldimand District Centennial Pavilion
    West Haldimand District Centennial Pavilion
    imageplace  1967     In 1967, as part of Centennial Year, West Haldimand District undertook a project to build a pavilion. This impressive pavilion is located in Haldimand Conservation Park, near Featherstone Point. During the time of the construction of the pavilion, Haldimand County was divided into two Women's Institute districts: East and West.
    imageplace  1967   In 1967, as part of Centennial Year, West Haldimand District undertook a project to build a pavilion. This impressive pavilion is located in Haldimand Conservation Park, near Featherstone Point. During ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • West Haldimand District Centennial Pavilion
    West Haldimand District Centennial Pavilion
    imageplace  1967     In 1967, as part of Centennial Year, West Haldimand District undertook a project to build a pavilion. This impressive pavilion is located in Haldimand Conservation Park, near Featherstone Point. During the time of the construction of the pavilion, Haldimand County was divided into two Women's Institute districts: East and West.
    imageplace  1967   In 1967, as part of Centennial Year, West Haldimand District undertook a project to build a pavilion. This impressive pavilion is located in Haldimand Conservation Park, near Featherstone Point. During ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • 1961 Stone Cairn and Plaque at the Erland Lee (Museum) Home
    1961 Stone Cairn and Plaque at the Erland Lee (Museum) Home
    image       This plaque, mounted on a stone cairn, was placed at the roadside in front of the Erland Lee (Museum) Home in 1961, while it was still a private residence. It reads "In memory of Erland Lee and his wife, Janet, who pioneered the first Women's Institute - now world-wide - ...
    image     This plaque, mounted on a stone cairn, was placed at the roadside in front of the Erland Lee (Museum) Home in 1961, while it was still a private residence. It ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Farnham Cemetery 1967 Gate - Plaque
    Farnham Cemetery 1967 Gate - Plaque
    imageobjectplace       Arkell WI supported the Farnham Cemetery by providing the funds to build the gate in 1931 and again in 1967 to celebrate the Centennial. See other photos of gates and 1931 plaque
    imageobjectplace     Arkell WI supported the Farnham Cemetery by providing the funds to build the gate in 1931 and again in 1967 to celebrate the Centennial. See other photos of gates and ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Trout Mills Railroad Crossing Light
    Trout Mills Railroad Crossing Light
    imageplace       Trout Mills Women's Institute, held first meeting on Nov.7, 1947 This picture is of the Crossing sign that was erected around 1964, after a petition was started by our W.I. member Rena Rowe after witnessing several near accidents. This is located in Trout Mills which is now part of North ...
    imageplace     Trout Mills Women's Institute, held first meeting on Nov.7, 1947 This picture is of the Crossing sign that was erected around 1964, after a petition was started by our W.I. ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Malcolm WI Cairn
    Malcolm WI Cairn
    imageobject       This picture is of the Malcolm Cairn located at the intersection of Concessions 10 and 11 at the 25th side road of Brant township (which is now a part of the municipality of Brockton). The hamlet of Malcolm grew up around a Presbyterian Church erected at the crossroad in 1859. ...
    imageobject     This picture is of the Malcolm Cairn located at the intersection of Concessions 10 and 11 at the 25th side road of Brant township (which is now a part of ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
  • Timothy Eaton Ontario Historical Plaque
    Timothy Eaton Ontario Historical Plaque
    imageobject       The plaque reads: "Timothy Eaton 1834-1907 Born at Clogher, County Antrim, in northern Ireland, Timothy Eaton emigrated to canada about 1854. In 1856 he and his brother James opened a general store of log construction about a quarter mile from this site in the hamlet of Kirkton. From 1860 to ...
    imageobject     The plaque reads: "Timothy Eaton 1834-1907 Born at Clogher, County Antrim, in northern Ireland, Timothy Eaton emigrated to canada about 1854. In 1856 he and his brother James opened a ...
    Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results