Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 278 matching items.
Media Types Images   Item type(s) Announcements or Photographs   Decade 1960   Creative Commons no  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Aerial Photograph of Wildwood Dam Construction
    Aerial Photograph of Wildwood Dam Construction
    image       Condition: Excellent
    image     Condition: Excellent
    St. Marys Museum
  • Chartrand Family Christmas (early 1960s)
    Chartrand Family Christmas (early 1960s)
    image  Christmas early 1960s     ... 1960s...
    image  Christmas early 1960s   ... 1960s...
    Head, Clara and Maria Public Library
  • Demolition of St. Lawrence Parish, Deux Rivières c.1969
    Demolition of St. Lawrence Parish, Deux Rivières c.1969
    imagemystery  1969     A crane with a wrecking ball idles next to St. Lawrence Parish, Deux Rivières.
    imagemystery  1969   A crane with a wrecking ball idles next to St. Lawrence Parish, Deux Rivières.
    Head, Clara and Maria Public Library
  • Loretta Boissonneault and Mrs. Elmer Donnelly
    Loretta Boissonneault and Mrs. Elmer Donnelly
    image  1969     Loretta Boissonneault, Reeve, hands Mrs. Elmer Donnelly a gift for her years of dedication and hard work for the United Townships of Head, Clara and Maria.
    image  1969   Loretta Boissonneault, Reeve, hands Mrs. Elmer Donnelly a gift for her years of dedication and hard work for the United Townships of Head, Clara and Maria.
    Head, Clara and Maria Public Library
  • View of Ottawa River from Boissonneault Home
    View of Ottawa River from Boissonneault Home
    image  1960     A cedar post fence in the foreground with heavy equipment. In the background a road leading down to the Ottawa River and the Laurentian mountains (on the Quebec side) are visible across the river.
    image  1960   A cedar post fence in the foreground with heavy equipment. In the background a road leading down to the Ottawa River and the Laurentian mountains (on the Quebec side) are ...
    Head, Clara and Maria Public Library
  • 417 Green Street, April 17, 1966
    417 Green Street, April 17, 1966
    image  17 April 1966,     This house was built in 1869 for Whitby jeweler James Johnston.
    image  17 April 1966,   This house was built in 1869 for Whitby jeweler James Johnston.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 401 Green Street, April 17, 1966
    401 Green Street, April 17, 1966
    image  17 April 1966,     This brick house was built in 1861 for Thomas Deverell, a Whitby contractor. An addition was built at the back of the house in the 1980s.
    image  17 April 1966,   This brick house was built in 1861 for Thomas Deverell, a Whitby contractor. An addition was built at the back of the house in the 1980s.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 301 Byron Street South, February 1962
    301 Byron Street South, February 1962
    image  February 1962,     This house on the south-east corner of Dunlop and Byron Streets was built in 1874 for Nelson Gilbert Reynolds when he sold Trafalgar Castle to the Methodist Church to become the Ontario Ladies' College. After his death in 1881 it was the house of Reverend Matthew Gold. From 1904 to ...
    image  February 1962,   This house on the south-east corner of Dunlop and Byron Streets was built in 1874 for Nelson Gilbert Reynolds when he sold Trafalgar Castle to the Methodist Church to become ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Nurses in Training, February 1960
    Nurses in Training, February 1960
    image  February 1960,     Back Row: Lillian Sobczak, Joan Smith, Elizabeth Rowlands, Judy Haight, Patricia DingleFront Row: Gloria MacIvor, Shirley Goodale, Lynne Sanders, Marjorie McKenzie, Joyce Harris
    image  February 1960,   Back Row: Lillian Sobczak, Joan Smith, Elizabeth Rowlands, Judy Haight, Patricia DingleFront Row: Gloria MacIvor, Shirley Goodale, Lynne Sanders, Marjorie McKenzie, Joyce Harris
    Whitby Public Library
  • Construction of New Docks, August 1960
    Construction of New Docks, August 1960
    image  The Oshawa Times, Construction of New Docks, August 1960, "Construction of New Docks, August 1960," Oshawa Times, August 1960     New concrete docks were built by the Government of Canada at Whitby Harbour in 1959-60.
    image  The Oshawa Times, Construction of New Docks, August 1960, "Construction of New Docks, August 1960," Oshawa Times, August 1960   New concrete docks were built by the Government of Canada at Whitby Harbour in 1959-60.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962
    Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962
    image  The Whitby Weekly News, Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962, "Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962," Whitby Weekly News, July 1962     The swimming pool in Kinsmen park was built between 1949 and 1953 and was demolished in 1993. The change rooms were built by the Rotary Club of Whitby.
    image  The Whitby Weekly News, Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962, "Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962," Whitby Weekly News, July 1962   The swimming pool in Kinsmen park was built between 1949 and 1953 and was demolished in 1993. The change rooms were built by the Rotary Club of Whitby.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Peel Park, c. 1960
    Peel Park, c. 1960
    image  1960,     ... 1960s....
    image  1960,   ... 1960s....
    Whitby Public Library
  • 111 Dundas Street West, October 3, 1965
    111 Dundas Street West, October 3, 1965
    image  3 October 1965,     This building was constructed in 1888 by Whitby Contractor Thomas Deverell. It was painted and remodelled in the 1970s.
    image  3 October 1965,   This building was constructed in 1888 by Whitby Contractor Thomas Deverell. It was painted and remodelled in the 1970s.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 153, 159 and 163 Brock Street North, September 1964
    153, 159 and 163 Brock Street North, September 1964
    image  September, 1964,     The building on the left is the Rainbow Restaurant located at 163 Brock Street North. The Tuck Shop is the centre building located at 159 Brock Street North. The frame building on the right, 153 Brock Street North, was demolished in September 1964 and replaced by a drive-in car wash.
    image  September, 1964,   The building on the left is the Rainbow Restaurant located at 163 Brock Street North. The Tuck Shop is the centre building located at 159 Brock Street North. The frame ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Balsam Public School Class, ca.1960
    Balsam Public School Class, ca.1960
    image  ca.1960,     ... Section No.7 in Pickering Township.Back row: Isabel Lee, Ann Parrot, Tim Death...
    image  ca.1960,   ... Section No.7 in Pickering Township.Back row: Isabel Lee, Ann Parrot, Tim Death...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Gordon Osborne, ca.1965
    Gordon Osborne, ca.1965
    imagecomment  ca.1965,     ... Canadian Red Cross Society.Osborne moved to Oshawa by 1960 and died there on 1...
    imagecomment  ca.1965,   ... Canadian Red Cross Society.Osborne moved to Oshawa by 1960 and died there on 1...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Hairdressing Salon at Fairview Lodge, c. 1960
    Hairdressing Salon at Fairview Lodge, c. 1960
    image  1960,     Fairview Lodge was built as the County Home for the Aged to replace the old House of Refuge in 1950/51 and was officially opened by Ontario Premier Leslie M. Frost on December 19, 1951.
    image  1960,   Fairview Lodge was built as the County Home for the Aged to replace the old House of Refuge in 1950/51 and was officially opened by Ontario Premier Leslie M. Frost ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Sitting Room at Fairview Lodge, c.1960
    Sitting Room at Fairview Lodge, c.1960
    image  1960,     Fairview Lodge was built as the County Home for the Aged to replace the old House of Refuge in 1950/51 and was officially opened by Ontario Premier Leslie M. Frost on December 19, 1951.
    image  1960,   Fairview Lodge was built as the County Home for the Aged to replace the old House of Refuge in 1950/51 and was officially opened by Ontario Premier Leslie M. Frost ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Sitting Room at Fairview Lodge A. Wing, c. 1960
    Sitting Room at Fairview Lodge A. Wing, c. 1960
    image  1960,     Fairview Lodge was built as the County Home for the Aged to replace the old House of Refuge in 1950/51 and was officially opened by Premier Leslie M. Frost on December 19, 1951.
    image  1960,   Fairview Lodge was built as the County Home for the Aged to replace the old House of Refuge in 1950/51 and was officially opened by Premier Leslie M. Frost on ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Fire Department, 1969
    Whitby Fire Department, 1969
    image  1969,     Back row: Warren Watson, John Visser, Fred Hatch, William Debosky, Don Moore, B. Correll, Don Puckrin, Charlie Burns, Clayton Mark, Ronald Hawkins, William Clarke, Robert HuitemaFront row: Bud Dilling, Bud Heard, John Heard, Kenneth Corner, Harold Bonnetta, Warren Mowat, Jim Corner, William Martin, Glenn Stephens, G. White, W. RowellAbsent: Leroy ...
    image  1969,   Back row: Warren Watson, John Visser, Fred Hatch, William Debosky, Don Moore, B. Correll, Don Puckrin, Charlie Burns, Clayton Mark, Ronald Hawkins, William Clarke, Robert HuitemaFront row: Bud Dilling, Bud ...
    Whitby Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Media Types
Location
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
Features
Creative Commons