Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 6 matching items.
Media Types Images   Geographic Location Port Whitby   Year 1975  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Station Gallery, July 1975
    Station Gallery, July 1975
    image  July 1975,     The Whitby Junction Station was built at the foot of Byron Street on the Grand Trunk Railway in 1903 near the current GO Transit platform. The station closed in 1969 and in 1970 it was moved to the north-east corner of Victoria and Henry Streets for use as an art ...
    image  July 1975,   The Whitby Junction Station was built at the foot of Byron Street on the Grand Trunk Railway in 1903 near the current GO Transit platform. The station closed in 1969 ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1600 Brock Street South, July 1975
    1600 Brock Street South, July 1975
    image  July 1975,     This house was built circa 1854 for James Cameron a retired farmer who settled on the site of the Ontario Hospital lands in 1831. His son, Donald Grant Cameron then owned the house, and in turn, Donald Cameron's daughter Clara (Mrs. Charles Bottomley) owned the home. Legend states that the ...
    image  July 1975,   This house was built circa 1854 for James Cameron a retired farmer who settled on the site of the Ontario Hospital lands in 1831. His son, Donald Grant Cameron then ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1733 Dufferin Street, July 1975
    1733 Dufferin Street, July 1975
    image  July 1975,     This house was built in 1857 by John Watson (1806-1879) who was partners with James Rowe and John Welsch in the grain dealership of James RoweCo. The second owner was David Galbraith (1849-1926) who purchased the Whitby Harbour in 1879 and served for many years as Harbourmaster. When the Theodore ...
    image  July 1975,   This house was built in 1857 by John Watson (1806-1879) who was partners with James Rowe and John Welsch in the grain dealership of James RoweCo. The second owner was ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Residence of James Holden, July 1975
    Residence of James Holden, July 1975
    image  July 1975,     The residence of James Holden was located on the south side of Dundas Street west of Blair Street (at 601 Dundas Street East). It was built in the 1850s and acquired by James Holden after he moved to Whitby from Prince Albert in 1864. James Holden (1828-1881) was the first ...
    image  July 1975,   The residence of James Holden was located on the south side of Dundas Street west of Blair Street (at 601 Dundas Street East). It was built in the 1850s and ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1621 Brock Street South, July 1975
    1621 Brock Street South, July 1975
    image  July 1975     Located at 1621 Brock Street South, this house was built in 1858 as a hotel by Thomas Bredin. From 1874 to 1973 it was owned by John Allingham Watson and his descendants. The basement is made of Kingston limestone, brought to Whitby in sailing vessels. This house has since been ...
    image  July 1975   Located at 1621 Brock Street South, this house was built in 1858 as a hotel by Thomas Bredin. From 1874 to 1973 it was owned by John Allingham Watson and ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 1615 Brock Street South, July 1975
    1615 Brock Street South, July 1975
    image  July 1975     This brick house was built circa 1841 for Abner Nash (1785-1851) who owned a Brewery on Pringle Creek at Watson Street. The mill stones at the Port Whitby Fire Hall are from Nash's Brewery. The house was later owned by Castle Fox (1825-1909), a shoemaker. From 1894 to 1913 it ...
    image  July 1975   This brick house was built circa 1841 for Abner Nash (1785-1851) who owned a Brewery on Pringle Creek at Watson Street. The mill stones at the Port Whitby Fire Hall ...
    Whitby Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results
Contributors
Media Types
Location
Item Types
Years
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
Creative Commons