Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 36 matching items.
Media Types Images   Year 1962   Creative Commons no  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Life and Death Information for William Donald Wood
    Life and Death Information for William Donald Wood
    image       Born in Palermo, Halton County, Don and his brother James Norman Wood, called Norm, helped with the Wood family general store, telephone switchboard and post office when their father, George Stanley Wood, called Stan, died prematurely. Active members of the community, Stan and their mother Ethel were musicians. Stan sang ...
    image     Born in Palermo, Halton County, Don and his brother James Norman Wood, called Norm, helped with the Wood family general store, telephone switchboard and post office when their father, George ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 301 Byron Street South, February 1962
    301 Byron Street South, February 1962
    image  February 1962,     This house on the south-east corner of Dunlop and Byron Streets was built in 1874 for Nelson Gilbert Reynolds when he sold Trafalgar Castle to the Methodist Church to become the Ontario Ladies' College. After his death in 1881 it was the house of Reverend Matthew Gold. From 1904 to ...
    image  February 1962,   This house on the south-east corner of Dunlop and Byron Streets was built in 1874 for Nelson Gilbert Reynolds when he sold Trafalgar Castle to the Methodist Church to become ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962
    Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962
    image  The Whitby Weekly News, Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962, "Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962," Whitby Weekly News, July 1962     The swimming pool in Kinsmen park was built between 1949 and 1953 and was demolished in 1993. The change rooms were built by the Rotary Club of Whitby.
    image  The Whitby Weekly News, Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962, "Children Outside a Change Room at Kinsmen Park Swimming Pool, June 1962," Whitby Weekly News, July 1962   The swimming pool in Kinsmen park was built between 1949 and 1953 and was demolished in 1993. The change rooms were built by the Rotary Club of Whitby.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Brock Street, February 1962
    Brock Street, February 1962
    image  February 1962,     The buildings at right, the Oddfellows Hall (Mercantile Department Store and the Lowes and Powell Block) and the Canadian Imperial Back of Commerce were demolished in April 1964 and replaced by a new Bank of Commerce building.
    image  February 1962,   The buildings at right, the Oddfellows Hall (Mercantile Department Store and the Lowes and Powell Block) and the Canadian Imperial Back of Commerce were demolished in April 1964 and replaced ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Brock Street Public School, March 1962
    Brock Street Public School, March 1962
    image  March 1962,     The Brock Street Public School was built in 1916 on the east side of Brock Street south of Victoria Street. Also known as the Bay School, it served Port Whitby until it closed in 1969. The building was demolished in 1998.
    image  March 1962,   The Brock Street Public School was built in 1916 on the east side of Brock Street south of Victoria Street. Also known as the Bay School, it served Port Whitby ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 122 Brock Street North, June 1962
    122 Brock Street North, June 1962
    image  June 1962,     The Ontario Bank building was constructed in 1867/68 by Chester Draper, with George Cormack of Whitby as architect. The bank closed approximately 1890 and it became Edmund Stephenson's telegraph and ticket office. It served as apartments for many years and was renovated and restored by Charles and Ron Schaaf in ...
    image  June 1962,   The Ontario Bank building was constructed in 1867/68 by Chester Draper, with George Cormack of Whitby as architect. The bank closed approximately 1890 and it became Edmund Stephenson's telegraph and ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 312 Dundas Street West, March 1962
    312 Dundas Street West, March 1962
    image  March 1962,     This house was built circa 1887 for John Jabez Lynde (1864-1939). It was demolished in March 1967, and replaced by a dentist's office for Dr. John Davies.
    image  March 1962,   This house was built circa 1887 for John Jabez Lynde (1864-1939). It was demolished in March 1967, and replaced by a dentist's office for Dr. John Davies.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 205 Perry Street, February 1962
    205 Perry Street, February 1962
    image  February 1962,     This house was built by Major Harper as his home in the 1850s. The portion of the house at right was demolished in 1963 and the rest of the house was remodeled.
    image  February 1962,   This house was built by Major Harper as his home in the 1850s. The portion of the house at right was demolished in 1963 and the rest of the house ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • George Scott's Chicken Hatchery, 1962
    George Scott's Chicken Hatchery, 1962
    imagecomment  September 1962,     ... 1962, the north building collapsed. Not long after the accident was the rest...
    imagecomment  September 1962,   ... 1962, the north building collapsed. Not long after the accident was the rest...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 700 Dundas Street West, March 1962
    700 Dundas Street West, March 1962
    image  March 1962,     This house was located at the north west corner of Dundas and Cochrane Streets (at 700 Dundas Street West). It was demolished in April 1971 to make way for the re-alignment of the intersection of Dundas and Cochrane Streets.
    image  March 1962,   This house was located at the north west corner of Dundas and Cochrane Streets (at 700 Dundas Street West). It was demolished in April 1971 to make way for the ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 201 Brock Street North, February 1962
    201 Brock Street North, February 1962
    image  February 1962,     The Free Church at the north-east corner of Brock and Mary Streets, was built circa 1849 and owned by Peter Perry. It was used as a church by the Methodists and the Presbyterians until their churches were built in the late 1850s. This building was one of the first meeting ...
    image  February 1962,   The Free Church at the north-east corner of Brock and Mary Streets, was built circa 1849 and owned by Peter Perry. It was used as a church by the Methodists ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 201 Brock Street North, June 1962
    201 Brock Street North, June 1962
    image  June 1962,     The Free Church at the north-east corner of Brock and Mary Streets, was built circa 1849 and owned by Peter Perry. It was used as a church by the Methodists and the Presbyterians until their churches were built in the late 1850s. This building was one of the first meeting ...
    image  June 1962,   The Free Church at the north-east corner of Brock and Mary Streets, was built circa 1849 and owned by Peter Perry. It was used as a church by the Methodists ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 201 Brock Street North, February 1962
    201 Brock Street North, February 1962
    image  February 1962,     The Free Church at the north-east corner of Brock and Mary Streets, was built circa 1849 and owned by Peter Perry. It was used as a church by the Methodists and the Presbyterians until their churches were built in the late 1850s. This building was one of the first meeting ...
    image  February 1962,   The Free Church at the north-east corner of Brock and Mary Streets, was built circa 1849 and owned by Peter Perry. It was used as a church by the Methodists ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • John M. Lowes Residence, March 1962
    John M. Lowes Residence, March 1962
    image  March 1962,     This house was located at the south east corner of Dundas and Frances Streets (at 509 Dundas Street West). It was the residence of John M. Lowes, a Whitby dry goods merchant. It was built about 1871 and was demolished in 1972 to make way for a gas station.
    image  March 1962,   This house was located at the south east corner of Dundas and Frances Streets (at 509 Dundas Street West). It was the residence of John M. Lowes, a Whitby dry ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 721 Dundas Street West, March 1962
    721 Dundas Street West, March 1962
    image  March 1962,     This home was located at 721 Dundas Street West. This brick house dating from the 1850s, was located on the south east corner of Dundas Street and Annes Street. It was demolished in 1972, to make way for the widening of Dundas Street.
    image  March 1962,   This home was located at 721 Dundas Street West. This brick house dating from the 1850s, was located on the south east corner of Dundas Street and Annes Street. It ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 721 Dundas Street West, March 1962
    721 Dundas Street West, March 1962
    image  March 1962,     This home was located at 721 Dundas Street West. This brick house dating from the 1850s, was located on the south east corner of Dundas Street and Annes Street. It was demolished in 1972, to make way for the widening of Dundas Street.
    image  March 1962,   This home was located at 721 Dundas Street West. This brick house dating from the 1850s, was located on the south east corner of Dundas Street and Annes Street. It ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • 15181520 Brock Street South, March 1962
    15181520 Brock Street South, March 1962
    image  March 1962,     This large frame house was built possibly as early as the 1840s on the west side of Brock Street, south of Victoria Street in Port Whitby (at 1518 Brock Street South).
    image  March 1962,   This large frame house was built possibly as early as the 1840s on the west side of Brock Street, south of Victoria Street in Port Whitby (at 1518 Brock Street ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • James Clifford Gartshore, c. 1962
    James Clifford Gartshore, c. 1962
    image  1962,     James Clifford Gartshore was born at Oshawa September 10, 1928 and moved to Whitby in 1939. He was a member of the Whitby Kinsmen Club starting in 1958, a President of the club, District Governor in 1964/65, and proclaimed a Life Member of the club in 1968. He was a ...
    image  1962,   James Clifford Gartshore was born at Oshawa September 10, 1928 and moved to Whitby in 1939. He was a member of the Whitby Kinsmen Club starting in 1958, a President ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Dundas Street looking West, 1962
    Dundas Street looking West, 1962
    image  1962,     This is a view of Dundas Street looking west.
    image  1962,   This is a view of Dundas Street looking west.
    Whitby Public Library
  • 405 Dundas Street West, 1962
    405 Dundas Street West, 1962
    image  1962,     In 1958, the Town of Whitby purchased property from Samuel Trees to construct a new, larger municipal building to replace the aging Town Hall located at Brock and Colborne Streets. The Municipal Building was officially opened in 1960 and served as Whitby's administrative hub until 1977 when offices were moved ...
    image  1962,   In 1958, the Town of Whitby purchased property from Samuel Trees to construct a new, larger municipal building to replace the aging Town Hall located at Brock and Colborne Streets. ...
    Whitby Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results