Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 50 matching items.
Media Types Images   Geographic Location Whitby   Item type(s) Aerial photographs or Photographs   Year 1920  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Hamar Greenwood, 1920
    Hamar Greenwood, 1920
    image  The Illustrated London News, Hamar Greenwood, 1920, "Hamar Greenwood, 1920," The Illustrated London News, 4 December 1920     ...-1920) and from 1920 to 1922 he was the last Chief Secretary for Ireland in...
    image  The Illustrated London News, Hamar Greenwood, 1920, "Hamar Greenwood, 1920," The Illustrated London News, 4 December 1920   ...-1920) and from 1920 to 1922 he was the last Chief Secretary for Ireland in...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Florence Halpin at Whitby Junction Station, c.1920
    Florence Halpin at Whitby Junction Station, c.1920
    image  c.1920,     The Whitby Junction Station was built at the foot of Byron Street on the Grand Trunk Railway in 1903. It closed in 1969. In 1970 it was moved to the north east corner of Victoria and Henry Streets for use as an art gallery known as the "Station Street Art ...
    image  c.1920,   The Whitby Junction Station was built at the foot of Byron Street on the Grand Trunk Railway in 1903. It closed in 1969. In 1970 it was moved to the ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Post Office, c.1920
    Post Office, c.1920
    image  c.1920,     The post office was built from New Brunswick sand stone at the south west corner of Brock Street and Dundas Street between 1908 and 1910. It opened in 1910. The clock was installed in 1911 after being shipped from England. It was closed in 1956 and demolished in 1959.
    image  c.1920,   The post office was built from New Brunswick sand stone at the south west corner of Brock Street and Dundas Street between 1908 and 1910. It opened in 1910. The ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Interior of Central Garage, c.1920.
    Interior of Central Garage, c.1920.
    imagemystery  c.1920,     ... Davidson Motor Company Ltd., c.1920. Men picured, from left to right are: Scotty...
    imagemystery  c.1920,   ... Davidson Motor Company Ltd., c.1920. Men picured, from left to right are: Scotty...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Carnegie Library, c.1920
    Carnegie Library, c.1920
    imagecomment  c.1920,     This library was created through a Carnegie grant and was known as a Carnegie Library. Construction for the Carnegie Library began in early 1913 and the building was opened in 1914 at the north east corner of Dundas and Byron Streets. The building housed approximately 5,000 books and served as ...
    imagecomment  c.1920,   This library was created through a Carnegie grant and was known as a Carnegie Library. Construction for the Carnegie Library began in early 1913 and the building was opened in ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Brigg's Orchestra, 1920
    Brigg's Orchestra, 1920
    image  1920,     Brigg's Orchestra, Whitby, Ont.; Photo: Vincent, Oshawa, Ont.
    image  1920,   Brigg's Orchestra, Whitby, Ont.; Photo: Vincent, Oshawa, Ont.
    Whitby Public Library
  • First Whitby Boy Scouts Troop, 1920
    First Whitby Boy Scouts Troop, 1920
    imagemystery  1920,     ...The First Whitby Boy Scout Troop was formed in 1920 and sponsored by All...
    imagemystery  1920,   ...The First Whitby Boy Scout Troop was formed in 1920 and sponsored by All...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Arthur Edward Christian, c.1920
    Arthur Edward Christian, c.1920
    image  c.1920,     Arthur Edward Christian was born at prince Albert, near Port Perry on February 21, 1871. He started his career as a telegrapher in Buffalo, New York, U.S.A. He later studied law at Osgood Hall and opened an office in Whitby in association with Colonel J.E. Farewell in 1913. In 1924, ...
    image  c.1920,   Arthur Edward Christian was born at prince Albert, near Port Perry on February 21, 1871. He started his career as a telegrapher in Buffalo, New York, U.S.A. He later studied ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Robert Ruddy, c.1920
    Robert Ruddy, c.1920
    image  c.1920,     Robert Ruddy was born in Brock Township, Ontario County on April 30, 1861 and was educated in Uxbridge and Port Perry. He was called to the Bar in 1889 and practised law in Millbrook until 1909 when he went to Peterborough. He came to Whitby as Ontario County Judge in ...
    image  c.1920,   Robert Ruddy was born in Brock Township, Ontario County on April 30, 1861 and was educated in Uxbridge and Port Perry. He was called to the Bar in 1889 and ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Spruce Villa, c.1920
    Spruce Villa, c.1920
    image  c.1920,     Spruce Villa Inn, Whitby, Ont., Canada
    image  c.1920,   Spruce Villa Inn, Whitby, Ont., Canada
    Whitby Public Library
  • Dr. James Hunter house, c.1920
    Dr. James Hunter house, c.1920
    imagemystery  c.1920,     This frame house stood on the south side of Dundas Street east of Kendalwood Road (at 1913 Dundas Street East). It was built before 1837, and was demolished about 1962. It was the residence of Dr. James Hunter (1790-1850) who was tried for treason for supporting the rebels in the ...
    imagemystery  c.1920,   This frame house stood on the south side of Dundas Street east of Kendalwood Road (at 1913 Dundas Street East). It was built before 1837, and was demolished about 1962. ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Beckley Residence, c.1920
    Beckley Residence, c.1920
    imagemystery  c.1920,     This view is looking north from the Canadian Pacific Railway tracks, west of Garden Street at (509 Beech Street East). The Beckley family moved into this house about 1916. About 1942 it was destroyed by fire and a new house was built on the site. The black spots on the ...
    imagemystery  c.1920,   This view is looking north from the Canadian Pacific Railway tracks, west of Garden Street at (509 Beech Street East). The Beckley family moved into this house about 1916. About ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Residence of William F. Harden, 1920
    Residence of William F. Harden, 1920
    imagemystery  1920,     This picture shows the Harden's horse (at 1625 Dufferin Street) with a horse and buggy in front. Mr. and Mrs. Harden, William and Mary Ann, are at left in the buggy. Whitby's house numbering system was provided by Rev. Dr. James Roy Van Wyck (1877-1941), a retired Presbyterian minister. Van ...
    imagemystery  1920,   This picture shows the Harden's horse (at 1625 Dufferin Street) with a horse and buggy in front. Mr. and Mrs. Harden, William and Mary Ann, are at left in the ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Summer Residence of Charles J.W. Lowes
    Summer Residence of Charles J.W. Lowes
    imageobject  c.1920,     This summer home was built by Charles J.W. Lowes on lot 35 of Broken Front Concession in Whitby Township. The house overlooks Lake Ontario. It was built in 1918 and destroyed by fire in 1986 or 1987.
    imageobject  c.1920,   This summer home was built by Charles J.W. Lowes on lot 35 of Broken Front Concession in Whitby Township. The house overlooks Lake Ontario. It was built in 1918 and ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Barns at Maple Shade Farm
    Barns at Maple Shade Farm
    image  c.1920,     This model barn was built in 1903 on Maple Shade Farm (residence of John Dryden) on lot 20 of Concession 7, east of Thickson Road in Whitby Township. It was built for John Dryden (1840-1909) who was Ontario's Minister of Agriculture from 1890-1905. The barn was demolished c.2000.
    image  c.1920,   This model barn was built in 1903 on Maple Shade Farm (residence of John Dryden) on lot 20 of Concession 7, east of Thickson Road in Whitby Township. It was ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Junction Station
    Whitby Junction Station
    imageobject  c.1920,     Printed at bottom left: 'G.T.R. Depot Whitby, Ont.'
    imageobject  c.1920,   Printed at bottom left: 'G.T.R. Depot Whitby, Ont.'
    Whitby Public Library
  • Whitby Junction Station c.1920
    Whitby Junction Station c.1920
    imageobject  c.1920,     The Whitby junction Station was built at the foot of Byron Street on the Grand Trunk Railway in 1903. It closed in 1969 and in 1970 it was moved to the north-east corner of Victoria and Henry Streets for use as an art gallery. In 2004 the Station Gallery was ...
    imageobject  c.1920,   The Whitby junction Station was built at the foot of Byron Street on the Grand Trunk Railway in 1903. It closed in 1969 and in 1970 it was moved to ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Grand Trunk Train to Port Perry
    Grand Trunk Train to Port Perry
    image  c.1920,     Black and white negative depicting a photograph of the locomotive of the Grand Trunk train that went between Port Perry and Port Whitby. There are three men standing in front of the train. The coal car is visible.In this picture, the train is located near the uptown station on Mary ...
    image  c.1920,   Black and white negative depicting a photograph of the locomotive of the Grand Trunk train that went between Port Perry and Port Whitby. There are three men standing in front ...
    Whitby Public Library
  • Group of Men in front of Port Whitby and Port Perry Railway Station
    Group of Men in front of Port Whitby and Port Perry Railway Station
    imagemystery  c.1905-1914,     The Whitby uptown station was built in 1871 and demolished at the end of 1969.
    imagemystery  c.1905-1914,   The Whitby uptown station was built in 1871 and demolished at the end of 1969.
    Whitby Public Library
  • Canadian Pacific Railway
    Canadian Pacific Railway
    image  c.1920,     The Richard Beckley home was on the north side of the tracks west of Garden Street. It was destroyed by fire about 1942.
    image  c.1920,   The Richard Beckley home was on the north side of the tracks west of Garden Street. It was destroyed by fire about 1942.
    Whitby Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results