Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 56 matching items.
Contributors Waterloo Public Library   Media Types Images   Decade 1960  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Construction of Expressway, Waterloo, Ontario
    Construction of Expressway, Waterloo, Ontario
    image       See also U-9.
    image     See also U-9.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • "The Trail of the Conestoga" Play
    "The Trail of the Conestoga" Play
    image  24-28 June 1969     The play is based on a novel of the same name by B. Mabel Dunham.It was presented by the Mennonite Historical Society of Ontario at Waterloo Collegiate June 24-28, 1969.
    image  24-28 June 1969   The play is based on a novel of the same name by B. Mabel Dunham.It was presented by the Mennonite Historical Society of Ontario at Waterloo Collegiate June 24-28, 1969.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Sunbeam Home Waterloo, Ontario
    Sunbeam Home Waterloo, Ontario
    image  [ca. 196-]     Built by John Snider in 1864; then Tweed Estate until early 1940s when it was the head office for the Canada Health and Accident Assurance Company. In the mid-1950s it became Sunbeam Home until 1973 when it was sold and demolished.
    image  [ca. 196-]   Built by John Snider in 1864; then Tweed Estate until early 1940s when it was the head office for the Canada Health and Accident Assurance Company. In the mid-1950s it ...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Globe Furniture Company Price Lists, Waterloo, Ontario
    Globe Furniture Company Price Lists, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  [between 1966 and 1968],     The Globe Furniture Company was moved to Waterloo in 1910 after 21 years of successful business in Walkerville, Ontario. Edward F. Seagram, Aloyes Bauer and John Letter found a location on the west side of Shantz Street (later Canbar Avenue, no longer exists) suitable for the expanding business. The company ...
    image  [between 1966 and 1968],   The Globe Furniture Company was moved to Waterloo in 1910 after 21 years of successful business in Walkerville, Ontario. Edward F. Seagram, Aloyes Bauer and John Letter found a location ...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Waterloo Fire Department. Main Fire Station
    Waterloo Fire Department. Main Fire Station
    image  1967,     Opened in 1966.
    image  1967,   Opened in 1966.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Waterloo Fire Department. Main Fire Station
    Waterloo Fire Department. Main Fire Station
    image  1966,     Opened in 1966.
    image  1966,   Opened in 1966.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Waterloo Town Square Construction, Waterloo, Ontario
    Waterloo Town Square Construction, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  1960,     ...Waterloo Town Square and its office building constructed between 1960-1961...
    image  1960,   ...Waterloo Town Square and its office building constructed between 1960-1961...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Waterloo Public Library
    Waterloo Public Library
    image  1961,     Built 1903-1905 with a grant from the Carnegie Foundation. A new library was built in 1966 and the old site became Police headquarters and is now the Habitat for Humanity Canada head office.Lion's Club donation made in 1961.
    image  1961,   Built 1903-1905 with a grant from the Carnegie Foundation. A new library was built in 1966 and the old site became Police headquarters and is now the Habitat for Humanity ...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Waterloo Public Library
    Waterloo Public Library
    image  5 November 1965,     Opened in 1966.
    image  5 November 1965,   Opened in 1966.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Lincoln Heights Public School, Waterloo, Ontario
    Lincoln Heights Public School, Waterloo, Ontario
    image       Opened in 1964.
    image     Opened in 1964.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Joseph Edward Frowde Seagram
    Joseph Edward Frowde Seagram
    image  [ca. 196-],     Frowde Seagram posing with King's and Queen's Plate horse racing trophies won by horses owned by his family.
    image  [ca. 196-],   Frowde Seagram posing with King's and Queen's Plate horse racing trophies won by horses owned by his family.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • North Waterloo Farmers Mutual Insurance Company, Waterloo, Ontario
    North Waterloo Farmers Mutual Insurance Company, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  [ca. 1961]     ... Street East in 1960 and built head office in 1961....
    image  [ca. 1961]   ... Street East in 1960 and built head office in 1961....
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Waterloo City Hall
    Waterloo City Hall
    image  [ca. 1968]     The first City Hall (formerly the Town Hall) was built at the corner of Albert and Erb Streets in 1874. The main floor contained the municipal offices and the library, the basement housed the market stalls. The police occupied the building ca. 1950s. The city offices moved in 1961 and ...
    image  [ca. 1968]   The first City Hall (formerly the Town Hall) was built at the corner of Albert and Erb Streets in 1874. The main floor contained the municipal offices and the library, ...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • St. Michael's Catholic Church, Waterloo, Ontario
    St. Michael's Catholic Church, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  [ca. 1965]     Parish established in 1962 using St. Michael's School. Church constructed in 1964 and officially opened in February of 1965.
    image  [ca. 1965]   Parish established in 1962 using St. Michael's School. Church constructed in 1964 and officially opened in February of 1965.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • St. Agnes Catholic Church, Waterloo, Ontario
    St. Agnes Catholic Church, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  [ca. 1969]     Saint Agnes Parish began in 1967, and the present church was dedicated in 1969.
    image  [ca. 1969]   Saint Agnes Parish began in 1967, and the present church was dedicated in 1969.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • St. John's Lutheran Church, Waterloo, Ontario
    St. John's Lutheran Church, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  13 October 1962     Original wood frame church building at King and Bridgeport (formerly Cedar and Laurel Street) Road constructed in 1837. The structure was torn down and the land sold to the federal government in 1882, and a second larger, brick church was constructed. This second building was destroyed by fire on November ...
    image  13 October 1962   Original wood frame church building at King and Bridgeport (formerly Cedar and Laurel Street) Road constructed in 1837. The structure was torn down and the land sold to the federal ...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Waterloo Lutheran Seminary
    Waterloo Lutheran Seminary
    image  1963     ... Waterloo College until 1960 when it became Waterloo Lutheran Seminary with two...
    image  1963   ... Waterloo College until 1960 when it became Waterloo Lutheran Seminary with two...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario
    Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  October 1969     ... Waterloo College until 1960 when it became Waterloo Lutheran Seminary with two...
    image  October 1969   ... Waterloo College until 1960 when it became Waterloo Lutheran Seminary with two...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Waterloo Pentecostal Assembly
    Waterloo Pentecostal Assembly
    image  [ca. 1965]     The congregation moved into the building as of 1965; addition made in 1974.
    image  [ca. 1965]   The congregation moved into the building as of 1965; addition made in 1974.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Waterloo Public Library
    Waterloo Public Library
    image  [ca. 1966]     Opened in 1966.
    image  [ca. 1966]   Opened in 1966.
    Waterloo Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results