Accessibility: Skip to content


Results

We found 78 matching items.
Contributors Waterloo Public Library   Media Types Images   Decade 1890  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Mueller Cooperage, Waterloo, Ontario
    Mueller Cooperage, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  1891-1906     Information written on reverse.
    image  1891-1906   Information written on reverse.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Kuntz Brewery Employees, Waterloo, Ontario
    Kuntz Brewery Employees, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  1894     The brewery was started by David Kuntz in the 1830s. By the early 1840s, Kuntz had enough money to purchase a brewery hotel from Christopher Huether. The building still stands at the corner of King and Princess Streets and is now known as the Huether Hotel and Lion Brewery. In ...
    image  1894   The brewery was started by David Kuntz in the 1830s. By the early 1840s, Kuntz had enough money to purchase a brewery hotel from Christopher Huether. The building still stands ...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • King Street South, Waterloo, Ontario
    King Street South, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  [between 1886 and 1905],     "King Street South" written at top.
    image  [between 1886 and 1905],   "King Street South" written at top.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Waterloo Manufacturing Company Limited
    Waterloo Manufacturing Company Limited
    image  [between 1888 and 1959],     The original foundry and machine shop was built in 1850 by Buehler, Booth and Company. Within ten years it was taken over by Jacob Bricker, his sons and E.W.B. Snider and called Bricker and Company. In 1888 the company amalgamated with Merner and Company of Waterloo and Elmira Agricultural Works ...
    image  [between 1888 and 1959],   The original foundry and machine shop was built in 1850 by Buehler, Booth and Company. Within ten years it was taken over by Jacob Bricker, his sons and E.W.B. Snider ...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Snider Flouring Mill, Waterloo, Ontario
    Snider Flouring Mill, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  [ca. 190-],     Commonly referred to as the "old mill", Abraham Erb's original Union Mills was built in 1816 at (what was later) 13 King Street South, and had been in the Snider family since 1861. The building was demolished in 1927.The Snider Mill continued at 45 Erb Street West, until its 1958 ...
    image  [ca. 190-],   Commonly referred to as the "old mill", Abraham Erb's original Union Mills was built in 1816 at (what was later) 13 King Street South, and had been in the Snider ...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Richard Roschman
    Richard Roschman
    image  [ca. 188-],     Richard Roschman was born in 1848 in Germany and immigrated to Canada in 1870. The Roschman and Brother Button Company started in 1878 as Roschman and Bowman, by Richard Roschman and Daniel Bowman. In 1884 Richard's brother Rudolph became part owner and company name changed to Roschman and Brother. The ...
    image  [ca. 188-],   Richard Roschman was born in 1848 in Germany and immigrated to Canada in 1870. The Roschman and Brother Button Company started in 1878 as Roschman and Bowman, by Richard Roschman ...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Waterloo Senior Hockey Club, 1899
    Waterloo Senior Hockey Club, 1899
    imagecomment  1899,     ...The Ontario Hockey Association was formed in 1890 to govern amateur ice...
    imagecomment  1899,   ...The Ontario Hockey Association was formed in 1890 to govern amateur ice...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Berlin and Waterloo Hospital and Isolation building, Kitchener, Ontario
    Berlin and Waterloo Hospital and Isolation building, Kitchener, Ontario
    image       Established in 1885. Now called Grand River Hospital.Isolation hospital opened in 1898-1899.
    image     Established in 1885. Now called Grand River Hospital.Isolation hospital opened in 1898-1899.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Waterloo Town Hall and Library
    Waterloo Town Hall and Library
    image  [ca. 1874]     The Town Hall was built at the corner of Albert and Erb Streets in 1874. The main floor contained the municipal offices and the library, the basement housed the market stalls. The library moved to a new location in 1905. The building was demolished in 1969. The 1874 date stone ...
    image  [ca. 1874]   The Town Hall was built at the corner of Albert and Erb Streets in 1874. The main floor contained the municipal offices and the library, the basement housed the market ...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Zimmermann House Hotel, Waterloo, Ontario
    Zimmermann House Hotel, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  [between 1889 and 1904]     ... above and sitting at the windows. "1890" can be seen on the stone work at the...
    image  [between 1889 and 1904]   ... above and sitting at the windows. "1890" can be seen on the stone work at the...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Kuntz Brewery, Waterloo, Ontario
    Kuntz Brewery, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  [between 1856 and 1929]     The brewery was started by David Kuntz in the 1830s. In the early 1870s, his son Louis took over, renaming it L. Kuntz's Park Brewery. After 1929 it was sold and became Carling-Kuntz Brewery until approximately 1940 when the Kuntz name was dropped. In 1977 Carling Brewery was purchased by ...
    image  [between 1856 and 1929]   The brewery was started by David Kuntz in the 1830s. In the early 1870s, his son Louis took over, renaming it L. Kuntz's Park Brewery. After 1929 it was sold ...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Saengerfest Celebrations, Waterloo, Ontario
    Saengerfest Celebrations, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  1890     ... insurance companies in Waterloo during the Saengerfest celebrations of 1890...
    image  1890   ... insurance companies in Waterloo during the Saengerfest celebrations of 1890...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Saengerfest Celebrations, Waterloo, Ontario
    Saengerfest Celebrations, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  [ca. 1880]     Saengerfest is a German cultural celebration with a focus on music and singing.
    image  [ca. 1880]   Saengerfest is a German cultural celebration with a focus on music and singing.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Horse Drawn Street Car, Waterloo, Ontario
    Horse Drawn Street Car, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  [between 1889 and 1898]     Horse drawn railway cars operated between 1889 and 1895 at which time the whole system was converted to electric cars. The company was taken over by the town of Berlin (Kitchener) in 1907.
    image  [between 1889 and 1898]   Horse drawn railway cars operated between 1889 and 1895 at which time the whole system was converted to electric cars. The company was taken over by the town of Berlin ...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Horse-drawn Wagon
    Horse-drawn Wagon
    image  [188-?]     Group of men and women in a horse drawn wagon in a very shallow body of water.
    image  [188-?]   Group of men and women in a horse drawn wagon in a very shallow body of water.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Waterloo Fire Department Members
    Waterloo Fire Department Members
    image  [ca. 1889 to 1906]     Wendell Sherk was a photographer in Waterloo between 1889 and 1906.
    image  [ca. 1889 to 1906]   Wendell Sherk was a photographer in Waterloo between 1889 and 1906.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Snider Flouring Mill, Waterloo, Ontario
    Snider Flouring Mill, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  [1861-1926]     Commonly referred to as the "old mill", Abraham Erb's original Union Mills was built in 1816 at 13 King Street South and had been in the Snider family since 1861. The building was demolished in 1927.The Snider Mill continued at 45 Erb Street West, until its 1958 demolition.
    image  [1861-1926]   Commonly referred to as the "old mill", Abraham Erb's original Union Mills was built in 1816 at 13 King Street South and had been in the Snider family since 1861. ...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Snider Flouring Mill, Waterloo, Ontario
    Snider Flouring Mill, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  [between 1861 and 1927]     Commonly referred to as the "oldmill", Abraham Erb's original Union Mills was built in 1816 at 13 King Street South and had been in the Snider family since 1861. The building was demolished in 1927.The Snider Mill continued at 45 Erb Street West, until its 1958 demolition.
    image  [between 1861 and 1927]   Commonly referred to as the "oldmill", Abraham Erb's original Union Mills was built in 1816 at 13 King Street South and had been in the Snider family since 1861. The ...
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Marriage Certificate of Oliver Martin and Amanda Brubacher, Waterloo, Ontario
    Marriage Certificate of Oliver Martin and Amanda Brubacher, Waterloo, Ontario
    image  25 November 1891     Oliver Martin was killed in a train accident west of Sudbury in 1910.
    image  25 November 1891   Oliver Martin was killed in a train accident west of Sudbury in 1910.
    Waterloo Public Library
  • Oliver Martin and Amanda Brubacher Martin
    Oliver Martin and Amanda Brubacher Martin
    image  25 November 1891     Oliver was killed in a train accident west of Sudbury in 1910.
    image  25 November 1891   Oliver was killed in a train accident west of Sudbury in 1910.
    Waterloo Public Library
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Dublin Core | RSS | Atom | Solr | Mods | RDF
Share
Search within these results